[3.6] Chaos Cerberus - an ED LL Occultist | Viable for everything | Deathless UElder + Video

Ah sweet that's good to know, I'm quite a fan of the maddening presence which is surprisingly easy to upkeep

Sorry for all the questions, is unnatural instinct worth the 30 ex investment? I'm currently back to 0 again but really enjoying this build,( currently deathless post act 10, ran uber lab solo at level 70 and have also done white and yellow elders deathless pre level 80, that's a first for me)
So will start saving again for whatever provides most benefit to the build if you can point me in the general direction =)
"
lukeyp87 wrote:
Ah sweet that's good to know, I'm quite a fan of the maddening presence which is surprisingly easy to upkeep

Sorry for all the questions, is unnatural instinct worth the 30 ex investment? I'm currently back to 0 again but really enjoying this build,( currently deathless post act 10, ran uber lab solo at level 70 and have also done white and yellow elders deathless pre level 80, that's a first for me)
So will start saving again for whatever provides most benefit to the build if you can point me in the general direction =)

I think it is not really worth the investment? I just had one lying around and the levels to make use of it. It is certainly neat! It gives ES regen and ManaRegen and AOE-Area, skill duration and curse effectivness. Lots of good stuff, really.

But for 30EX? Not really worth it unless you are maxed out everywhere else and have the dosh/just find one yourself. I think a good shavs corruption will net more bang for the buck - as well as a lv 21/20 Essence Drain and a lv 4 Empower.
Would just like to say thanks for the build ;D
Having taken several chars to late 80's I've never managed to comfortably do t15 onwards but tonight I did my first ever shaper, it was a bit steady due to not knowing really where I was going on the mappy stage bit, but I managed to kill him with only 2 deaths, both due to a slow start on my flame dash to dodge the slams, either way I'm uber happy for my first attempt ;D
And to top it off I stumbled across fenumus yesterday so I have that waiting for me when I find a worthy ring =)
Not sure where to go from here though, currently levelling up 3 empowers hoping to land lucky hitting a lvl4.

My only query is that my damage in pob is seriously lower than yours, like half, even after I lower the level of your gems to compensate for the shavs corruption,would you be able to point out any glaring mistakes?
My char is public viewable so you should be able to see everything

Thanks again ;D
"
lukeyp87 wrote:
Would just like to say thanks for the build ;D
Having taken several chars to late 80's I've never managed to comfortably do t15 onwards but tonight I did my first ever shaper, it was a bit steady due to not knowing really where I was going on the mappy stage bit, but I managed to kill him with only 2 deaths, both due to a slow start on my flame dash to dodge the slams, either way I'm uber happy for my first attempt ;D
And to top it off I stumbled across fenumus yesterday so I have that waiting for me when I find a worthy ring =)
Not sure where to go from here though, currently levelling up 3 empowers hoping to land lucky hitting a lvl4.

My only query is that my damage in pob is seriously lower than yours, like half, even after I lower the level of your gems to compensate for the shavs corruption,would you be able to point out any glaring mistakes?
My char is public viewable so you should be able to see everything

Thanks again ;D

You propably forgot the wither? :)
Will this guide be updated with 3.6 info once it comes out? The new auras seem particularly interesting
"
GokzhuL wrote:
Will this guide be updated with 3.6 info once it comes out? The new auras seem particularly interesting

No idea yet! I need to know more about the new auras, the spell reworks and the new support gems etc. Maybe this build needs to be rebuilt; maybe it can stay the same! :)

I'll make an update about it either way.
Close enough, I forgot to change the stacks side of the wither :)

And yes, the dot aura looks very interesting ;D
Could you please give me a pointer toward some item upgrades(lv95 occultist in my chars)? Im looking to get some upgrades, I have the +2 corrupted shavs in mind but not the currency to do it. What about other items?

"
Could you please give me a pointer toward some item upgrades(lv95 occultist in my chars)? Im looking to get some upgrades, I have the +2 corrupted shavs in mind but not the currency to do it. What about other items?

Hey o/

Uhm, I have an updated PoB posted in the OP I think? It uses Aul's (either Disc version or Purity of Lightning one) to get one aura for free and thus make room for an Aspect of the Spider. Thats 15% More Damage.

Other then that you could corrupt your weapon for 'increased Area' - Your shield once you run Aul for +2 to Aura gems (and put disc in it for more ES) and - Yeah, I guess a corrupted Shavs.

I also currently run an Watcher's Eye that gives me the faster recharge and stuff and also makes me immune to being Frozen while affected by Purity of Ice. That way I could switch out the DreamFragments for an better ring.

Another really big Damage Boost is a level 21/20 Essence Drain and a Level 4 Empower.
hey man! i've ran essence drain for 2-3 seasons now and i'm considering it doing next one too but I had a few questions for you from just scouting out all the current essence drain guides up and yours is the only one that I havent tried yet.

Firstly, how big is blight for damage? this season i ran into the issue of being basically unable to kill any true end game and just immediately being one hit even with 10-12k es at times and i contribute some of it to just taking way too long to kill certain bosses/exiles.

secondly, is this build viable on a trickster instead? I did a rough spread of a talent tree for it and it felt a lot smoother, you can get just about every important talent by level 80(including the free ones being used) and have about 20 left to play with for whatever you want, additionally you have a lot more natural faster cast rate which just feels better, especially early in the season when you're just spamming maps as fast as you can. while I understand you lose a ton of survivability from not being occultist, you get a ton of damage from trickster. (also having vile bastion when I used chayulas felt really wasteful)

third and lastly, have you tried out soulrend yet? the new chaos leech spell that has a ton of aoe on it yet? I was just curious if it'll basiaclly replace ED in future chaos builds since from watching videos it just looks a ton better for both map clear speed and sustain, although it's possible it's single target damage may be lower I haven't tried it myself yet.

Thx for any answers & take care!

oh quick edit!: where is your chaos resistance coming from in your gear? I don't actually see any outside of the ascendancy talents, and do you think the weapon you use is better than breath of the council?
Last edited by zzat7 on Feb 27, 2019, 9:26:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info