[3.5] Winter orb Totem Hierophant. SSF friendly Uber elder down! Leveling trees ready.

"
paralyzer002 wrote:
Hey Dude!

Like your build, but have some questions about it.
Which gems should is use in which slots?
(in weapons, boots, gloves and helmet)
I a beginner, so dont get this POB thing.
I got almost all the items from your build.

Hope you can help me a bit! :)

The 2 important setups are:
Winter Orb totems in body armour
Ice spear in gloves.

If you want to check out all exact setups click on my name and then look at the charakter. There you can see all my exact setups.
Clawbased supp + carry guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2116480
Molten strike brightbeak nonsense guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2067539
Hey there, thanks for the build idea! By now my wonder is why don't more people get double totem setups, the Multiple Totems support definitely opens a lot of possibilities. Definitely gonna try something with Flame Surge and an igniting spell next season ^^

Little suggestion though, I think people would appreciate if you posted a non-PoB passive tree. Not everyone has PoB at hand, and it's impossible for mobile users to check on character passive tree. Had to wait half of the day to get a preview of the tree.

What would you think about also using Multiple Totems on our primary (Winter Orb) setup? That would sweetly raise our number of totems without sacrificing Freeze status (compared to Elemental Focus) or range (Concentrated Effect), while still increasing DPS (Increased AoE) and avoiding Hypothermia for those who don't like it
"
Ryat wrote:
Hey there, thanks for the build idea! By now my wonder is why don't more people get double totem setups, the Multiple Totems support definitely opens a lot of possibilities. Definitely gonna try something with Flame Surge and an igniting spell next season ^^

Little suggestion though, I think people would appreciate if you posted a non-PoB passive tree. Not everyone has PoB at hand, and it's impossible for mobile users to check on character passive tree. Had to wait half of the day to get a preview of the tree.

What would you think about also using Multiple Totems on our primary (Winter Orb) setup? That would sweetly raise our number of totems without sacrificing Freeze status (compared to Elemental Focus) or range (Concentrated Effect), while still increasing DPS (Increased AoE) and avoiding Hypothermia for those who don't like it

I appreciate that you like the idea of 2 setups.
I might put additional trees in my future guides, thanks for the suggestion.
With "Winter Orb - Spell Totem - GMP - Controlled Destruction - Cold Pen - Inc AoE" The setup should be fine. I only swap in ele focus for uber elder.
Puting multiple totems in your main setup does help with convienience and smoothness of the build without +1 totem shield but the 2nd setup is alot more dmg.
I see. I tried fiddling with PoB and indeed the damage is much lower, and there's actually worse. Something I didn't know, but having two Multiple Totems supports on two different setups doesn't actually give you +2 maximum totems for each setups. So having the support on both Winter Orb and Ice Spear doesn't let you go 5/2 totems, you can only do either 5/0 or 3/2.
Not sure if Ice spear is worth it. I would much rather use Arctic Breath with bonechill etc to further buff my winter orb damage (both chill and chill field). It too is a projectile and scales with the same stuff as Winter Orb. vs most mobs you get close to 30% chill effectiveness (if you focus a little on it on the tree) meaning a nice 30% more modifier on cold damage dealt to the target (cold damage taken incresed by chill effect is calculated after all the other stuff so it is effectively a more modifier)+ another 30% if the target is standing on the chill fields from the breath (since they shoot many projectiles --> many fields with dying breath, this is not an issue). Vs shaper and uber elder it is reduced by quite a bit but you should still get about 10% more modifier.

Rain of splinters reduces damage by too much which isn't worth the 2 extra projectiles. A damage jewel is waaay better.

Also I noticed you have very little totem survivability which is bad vs the higher bosses. Since totems need to channel and stay alive to hit 10 stages I recommend a spire of stone jewel to make totems immune to stun and have lots of extra life. Very useful vs syndicate too.
Last edited by arknath on Jan 12, 2019, 9:43:08 PM
"
arknath wrote:
Not sure if Ice spear is worth it. I would much rather use Arctic Breath with bonechill etc to further buff my winter orb damage (both chill and chill field). It too is a projectile and scales with the same stuff as Winter Orb. vs most mobs you get close to 30% chill effectiveness (if you focus a little on it on the tree) meaning a nice 30% more modifier on cold damage dealt to the target (cold damage taken incresed by chill effect is calculated after all the other stuff so it is effectively a more modifier)+ another 30% if the target is standing on the chill fields from the breath (since they shoot many projectiles --> many fields with dying breath, this is not an issue). Vs shaper and uber elder it is reduced by quite a bit but you should still get about 10% more modifier.

Rain of splinters reduces damage by too much which isn't worth the 2 extra projectiles. A damage jewel is waaay better.

Also I noticed you have very little totem survivability which is bad vs the higher bosses. Since totems need to channel and stay alive to hit 10 stages I recommend a spire of stone jewel to make totems immune to stun and have lots of extra life. Very useful vs syndicate too.

Interesting suggestion indeed. Didn't even think about the jew arctic breath. Thought it only realy is good for dot but never looked into it.
I would check out all the stuff but i currently don't realy play the charakter anymore. Might reconsider some stuff on my next totem char and test around with your ideas. Thanks for the reply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info