Puncture

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2024, 5:06:19 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
puncture <-- dosent work with 2hand sword
HARDCORE ONLY ~ ONE LIFE IS ENOUGH

"
flucser wrote:
puncture <-- dosent work with 2hand sword

What he said.....:(
So pumped when i payed for it.
I've updated the description so it's clear it doesn't work with two-handed swords.
Seems 2H sword users kind of get the shaft. You can't use Sweep, Ground Slam, and now Puncture. It's a Cleaving world for them I guess.
Am I missing something with this skill?

Why would you want to hit one target with no additional initial damage only to get ~1 additional hit worth of damage if you let the target chase you for five seconds?
"
promenad wrote:
Am I missing something with this skill?

Why would you want to hit one target with no additional initial damage only to get ~1 additional hit worth of damage if you let the target chase you for five seconds?

The skill still does your normal weapon damage. "based on how much damage was taken in the initial hit". So they get hit once, and also take that damage over 5 seconds (which does scale up as you level it, not sure what high levels would be) if moving. Initial hit could crit as well which would be higher bleed damage.
"
unsmith wrote:
Seems 2H sword users kind of get the shaft. You can't use Sweep, Ground Slam, and now Puncture. It's a Cleaving world for them I guess.

They can use leap slam.
Also, I suggest you make a duelist right now and leap slam with a 2h sword.
You can thank me later. :)
I have a question about the functionality of this gem. Is the bleeding damage calculated based on the total damage the skill does when it is used or based on the damage the target receives when hit by the skill?

This is a relevant distinction because if it is calculated the first way, a smart player would attach a multiple projectiles gem to this, greatly increasing the bleeding damage.

If it is calculated the second way, armor would mitigate the bleeding damage and that doesn't seem logical. If you've already been punctured, that implies your armor has failed and should not have any affect on the damage you suffer from a freely bleeding wound.

Edit: Also, the % of bleeding damage for this skill seems to be somewhat low. Unless the DOT % increases at a greater increment at higher gem levels (like poison arrow's DOT does), this gem doesn't feel like it is worth the mana cost to use, IMO.
Last edited by Shadowstorm on Mar 23, 2012, 3:24:59 AM
"
Shadowstorm wrote:
Is the bleeding damage calculated based on the total damage the skill does when it is used or based on the damage the target receives when hit by the skill?

Reading the description it says 'Initial Hit' which leads me to believe it is what damage the target actually takes. So you'd get more out of this ability if you had supports to raise its damage but splitting it wouldn't help on each individual targets damage taken.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info