Hatred

I just tested this with a friend, my Hatred aura used HIS weapon damage to calculate how much Cold damage he gets. This isn't a huge deal, but a lot of things in PoE are meant to be read and interpreted literally, so the tooltip could use a little revising just to be 100% clear in my opinion.
New question...would Minions with support gems like Minion Damage and Melee Physical Damage increase how much Cold damage they're receiving from my Hatred aura? The same goes for passive nodes like +15% Minion Damage, etc.
Less confusing wording would be 'x% of their Physical'.

Anyways; both Minion Damage (source doesn't matter; it's the same stat) and Melee Physical improve their Physical damage, and as such also increase the damage bonus from Hatred.
"
I read through all the pages of this thread and didn't see what I'm curious about. The gem says the following:

"
You and nearby allies add 20% of your physical damage as cold damage.

So my question relates more to Hatred and its interaction with Minions. I had always assumed Hatred was going based off the damage Minions did, but after reading the actual skill, are minions getting extra Cold damage depending on my weapon?
they get the benefit of the aura, which is to add 20% of whatever physical damage they deal as cold damage.
"Your" is used in the plural here, not the singular.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
I read through all the pages of this thread and didn't see what I'm curious about. The gem says the following:

"
You and nearby allies add 20% of your physical damage as cold damage.

So my question relates more to Hatred and its interaction with Minions. I had always assumed Hatred was going based off the damage Minions did, but after reading the actual skill, are minions getting extra Cold damage depending on my weapon?
they get the benefit of the aura, which is to add 20% of whatever physical damage they deal as cold damage.
"Your" is used in the plural here, not the singular.
Thus language failure here.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I notice that if this is equipped in your Main Hand Weapon Slot's weapon Gem Socket and you upgrade the weapons quality, the Hatred Gem deactivates.

Not sure if the grammar in that sentence is correct.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 19, 2013, 5:21:14 AM
When an item's stats change, it is momentarily unequipped. This means you won't have the Hatred gem equipped for a fraction of a second, deactivating the Aura.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
When an item's stats change, it is momentarily unequipped. This means you won't have the Hatred gem equipped for a fraction of a second, deactivating the Aura.

Yeah I figured as much.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Will hatred damage be influenced by inner force passive, granting 30% more added damage to my skills?
IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Auras apply Buffs, IF makes Buffs stronger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info