Hatred

"So for Hatred I should receive 3x projectile damage bonus and 2x elemental bonus."
Damage bonuses never apply to the same value twice.
Hatred is Projectile Cold Fire Physical Damage. It is not Projectile Cold Projectile Physical Projectile Fire Damage, that's nonsense.

Damage Based On and Conversion are calculated prior to any Damage multipliers. Increased and Reduced are supposed to stack additively; by the way you hoped it worked two sources of Increased Damage would stack multiplicatively.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 4, 2013, 4:17:48 PM
I was thinking that there was a step created for the damage calculation at each conversion. The way you explain it make it simple and clear.
We can resume conversion by simply saying:

-Damage conversion advantage is adding damage type to the source.

The source of damage will only accept new types of damage while going through many conversions, nothing else.
So increased elemental damage bonus apply only one time with the Cold to fire conversion.

Now I understand that:
1. Cold to Fire is not worth a gem slot.
2. Avatar of Fire is really not that good.
3. Projectile damage is good in the case you have a skill with damage steps from different type, like poison arrow.
Last edited by Exo666 on Dec 4, 2013, 6:59:33 PM
Description is confusing / misleading / wrong.

"You and nearby allies add x% of your Physical Damage as Cold Damage"

The word "your" should be dropped. It sounds like my allies do x% of *my* physical damage, not their own.
Your so right man. I wouldve click on like if I could.
Last edited by Exo666 on Dec 13, 2013, 4:17:33 PM
"
false_modesty wrote:

The word "your" should be dropped. It sounds like my allies do x% of *my* physical damage, not their own.

Wait, it's NOT based on my personal physical damage? O.O

Guess you learn something new every day. Yeah, that description could really use a change.
"
Exo666 wrote:

Now I understand that:
1. Cold to Fire is not worth a gem slot.

Correct! It is the most useless support ever. Every other gem (crit dmg, burining dmg, added fire dmg, faster attacks, crit chance, fire pen, phys proj dmg...) is better for a burning build

"
Exo666 wrote:

2. Avatar of Fire is really not that good.

Wrong, if u want to do a burning build with weapons (Infernal blow or burning arrow) AoF is a must have! (except you are using that pure fire dmg 2H unique sword)

"
Exo666 wrote:

3. Projectile damage is good in the case you have a skill with damage steps from different type, like poison arrow.

Dunno what you want to say.

"Increased Projectile dmg" simply is a normal "increased" modifier wich works with all kinds of dmg the projectile does.
All "increased" modifiers are the same (except fire dmg - it also boosts burning dmg after the changes some patches ago) they just have to match.

So e.g. it doesnt matter if you pick increased projectile dmg or increased phys dmg with bows while using poison arrow - but bow phys dmg nodes usually are higher than projectile dmg nodes...
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 8, 2014, 6:56:57 AM
"
false_modesty wrote:

The description is correct. Unfortunately, it's also ambiguous, because English doesn't distinguish between the singular and plural forms of "your". The skill is using the plural, but you're interpreting it in the singular. We've yet to find an alternative that removes the ambiguity while still being correct.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
false_modesty wrote:

The description is correct. Unfortunately, it's also ambiguous, because English doesn't distinguish between the singular and plural forms of "your". The skill is using the plural, but you're interpreting it in the singular. We've yet to find an alternative that removes the ambiguity while still being correct.

Why not use the word "Their" instead. Granted it's not really correct either but the ambiguity is much less. It would be hard to mistake it as an either "Your Physical" or "Allie's Physical" possessively
"you and nearby allies deal %# extra cold damage from physical" is that ok wording? something tells me its too big to fit.
"You and nearby allies gains X% increased physical damage as Cold."
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info