Discipline

"

Mana cost increased by 40. Energy Shield granted significantly reduced.

It has been reduced because mobs are nerfed but there is a huge indirect problem with that.

One of its use was with Eldritch battery and Arctic Armour.

The more Discipline is nerfed, the harder it is to use arctic armour.
Arctic Armour was hard to use even before the nerf.
Double-posting is pointless and mildly annoying.
"
manaa3 wrote:
"

Mana cost increased by 40. Energy Shield granted significantly reduced.

It has been reduced because mobs are nerfed but there is a huge indirect problem with that.

One of its use was with Eldritch battery and Arctic Armour.

The more Discipline is nerfed, the harder it is to use arctic armour.
Arctic Armour was hard to use even before the nerf.

Still, discipline is a good way to bump ES, and every ES-user should use this aura.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Mandatory skill for any ES user imho. The price:enrgy shield gain also improves quite a bit when you level it up.
At the moment I got 1.8k ES with it while having about 1.3 without so it does give a substantial gain.
With the new update. The mana reserve of this skill became 60%, in which after turning Discipline and Clarity aura on, my mana is only left with 26. The mana reserve is too high to make it a worthy skill, it's now just a skill that reserve mana for no reason.
"
DragoonsAN wrote:
With the new update. The mana reserve of this skill became 60%, in which after turning Discipline and Clarity aura on, my mana is only left with 26. The mana reserve is too high to make it a worthy skill, it's now just a skill that reserve mana for no reason.

how much now give ES ?
IGN: Aqur
"
"
DragoonsAN wrote:

how much now give ES ?

315 ES at level 20.

Reserve 60% mana (42% with lvl20 reduced mana) for 325 ES? Really? REALLY?
Better just delete this aura from the game! It's absolutely worthless now.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
303 on 19 lvl. After spending 6 points near shadow-tree area and having 19 lvl reduced mana gem I still can't use 3rd aura, even if it is purity. Also, sacryfying only 2 points in energy shield, to get 34% increased aura effects haven't tradeoff. I had to respec many points and somehow find the solution.

In summary I've lost the ability to use purity (so elemental weakness curse on maps is a pain from now), lost 300 ES (I have to have few points in reduced reservation to be able to cast totem with summon skeletons - but still have to take out minion resitance support) and get some increased DPS because of adding some DPS nodes near my tree. FOr me it's a not good deal.

I think, that the way of changing auras is too oafish - inreasing the mana cost by 50% doesn't mean that increasing the aura effect by also 50% is perfectly logical. I could use 4 auras, now I can use 2, both improved by 50 % (hatred and discipline). Even in this simple math I have now 2 auras valuable 1,5 'old aura' equals 3 auras. So I'm nerfed.
IGN: Pozarta_Babcia, Dekadencja
How does the math work out with the new Discipline & EB? Does it reserve 60% out of your pre-Discipline total or post-Discipline total?
before the release, with eb+inner force you will get free mana casting discipline.
now, apparently, this combo is impossible to achieve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info