0.9.7 Patch Notes

'increased difficulty' lol oh my, i was in the church ruins level 2, had a room full of blue archers, my templar got annihilated before he entered the archway.

This is on Cruel difficulty, good times. :)
There is a Voice acting during character creation on the boat Pretty much a bit of story spoiler it's nice to see a voice acting in the game being slowly implemented to the game.
"
deMoxE wrote:
"
eriz wrote:
"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
i was looking forward to this update but it is failure it is a total failure

I agree, the game is not even enjoyable anymore. I don't understand why GGG felt the need to "fix" something that wasn't broken. 90% damage reduction and getting 3 shotted in chaos with 3 ppl in the group.... seems legit. Done playing this until they fix the mob damage scaling with multiple players in the instance. Not enjoyable at all.

Cry, game was too easy, chaos was easy for certain builds and out of reach for other builds, Now people need to use their brains to actually play in most challenging places in the game.

That "chaos too hard" thing really creeps me when I here it, 95% of chaos playing was 1 guy killing 5 guys leeching for easy exp and huge drops. I would ever say I would ban those guys they only think about getting rich ASAP 0 testing or help not even one post on forum.

Game is hard? That is how it should be. Also why softcore players throw that garbage here... I mean I just saw level 66 witch died in HC, completly mannered guy died by bug and he wasn't even 5% as much pissed as you are.

I don't mean to offend anyone here it's just how I see this things. Get real this game need to be challenging I'm playing 3 weeks for now and I have already near godlike stuff all I found is worth like 100 exalts ... So Yes I think increasing difficulity Is great choice and great way of test for players. I'm sure they will addjust it later because there will be HUGE amount of cry from casual players coming out soon or now or even it is already coming :) It's just the game and people should understand that higher diffiulity levels are made for more challenge and they must be hard. Quitting the game just because you can't farm chaos with full leech party only mean that you are scrub who only think about his own stash in game and nothing more than that (again no offense here).

There's a difference between make the game harder and making the game unfair. Some of the changes are simply unfair and some of the things that were unfair before have not been fixed yet. The fact that even with maximum defensive options that a goatman could 1 shot you in Chaos was ridiculous.
Every rare mob basically one shots me now, even with good defensive options and half my fucking DPS gone.
Garrison - Closed beta Elemental Cleave DW Duelist
Sounds good :D

Again, great patch !
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
allbusiness wrote:

There's a difference between make the game harder and making the game unfair. Some of the changes are simply unfair and some of the things that were unfair before have not been fixed yet. The fact that even with maximum defensive options that a goatman could 1 shot you in Chaos was ridiculous.

exactly..
92% dr, 60% block, 1400 life and all full resistances = 1 shot in chaos (solo play ofc) i mean i'm lvl 75 char fighting lvl 60 mobs..
sorry guys ur well ment attempt to balance FS ended up in a spectacular fail.
even the former godly armour wich is crap now (compared to what is possible) grants me 92% dr. but my dmg dealt dropped well over 50%. and u cant equip this char much better dmg wise. gear is top notch..
big funkiller this patch.. FS dagger ranger is dead now in the current state of the game! u have to build this dmg dealer as a tank to even survive..
and the lag folks with 300 ppl loged in is just ridiculous...

the whole frenzy charge system sucks. u need to spend shitloads of wasted points to reach them with very little benefit. mandatory before, useless now. not exactly my understanding of a well executed balance patch..

anyways..there's some nice things in this patch and fancy eye candy on the website. too bad it broke frenzy charge builds completly. (dont forget that u forced every ranger build to go charges before)

there's lot of work to do guys. keep it up..
(speaking just about dagger ranger or any frenzy charge related builds)

"
el_puno wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

exactly..
92% dr, 60% block, 1400 life and all full resistances = 1 shot in chaos (solo play ofc) i mean i'm lvl 75 char fighting lvl 60 mobs..
even the former godly armour wich is crap now (compared to what is possible) grants me 92% dr. but my dmg dealt dropped well over 50%. and u cant equip this char much better dmg wise. gear is top notch..
big funkiller this patch.. FS dagger ranger is dead now in the current state of the game! u have to build this dmg dealer as a tank to even survive..

the whole frenzy charge system sucks. u need to spend shitloads of wasted points to reach them with very little benefit. mandatory before, useless now. not exactly my understanding of a well executed balance patch..

anyways..there's some nice things in this patch and fancy eye candy on the website. too bad it broke frenzy charge builds completly. (dont forget that u forced every ranger build to go charges before)

No one seems to think of the possiblity that they broke some elements on purpose to balance in future patches. I'm not saying that is what is happening, I just think it's a possiblity.
Next great patch! Gogo GGG! :)
"
Epicurwin wrote:
"
el_puno wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

exactly..

No one seems to think of the possiblity that they broke some elements on purpose to balance in future patches. I'm not saying that is what is happening, I just think it's a possiblity.

well i hope so of course.. but as a matter of fact at the moment its broken...
and this had to be said! u cant expect ppl to be happy when u break a whole bunch of builds without alternatives. i'm worried that some basic and fundamental things in this game still not working right. just look at the massive armour changes in this patch. look at the charge system. thats no minior changes. not long ago we had a big overhouwl of the armour system. they wanted to avoid rediculous high defensiv numbers witch is exactly what we have now again.. whats next? looks confusing to me tbh.

i just lean back now and see whats happening in the future. i'm sure they fix it but critique should be allowed and is neccessary...

"
XaMaNTeX wrote:
I'm playing 3 weeks for now and I have already near godlike stuff all I found is worth like 100 exalts ... .

Sadly this quote negates your entire statment...Might I add i agree with it all... I enjoy the game , I've leeched one lvl from 59-60 so i can wear 60 gear, and started grinding again. But you don't seem to realize... that an arpg's goal is to get the best gear to make the game easier. When you say you have godly gear your GG and it SHOULD NOT BE HARD. If its hard for someone with godly gear it will be impossible for someone with mediocre gear like 70% of the player base. I've been playing since 9.3 and I have yet to get one godly drop of any item worth more then even 1 exalted.
Last edited by eldragon0 on Mar 19, 2012, 1:54:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info