[3.5]Winter Orb Occultist - The undying Winterstorm(everything down)

"
tsunamikun wrote:
initial post updated with knowledge gained the last week.
Updated the gear section and made the damage conversation and gem links clearer.

Have you tried doing a crit version or with power-charges?

just curious thx <3
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:
initial post updated with knowledge gained the last week.
Updated the gear section and made the damage conversation and gem links clearer.

Have you tried doing a crit version or with power-charges?

just curious thx <3

i thought about it, but i would need to completly change my gear and lot's of points in the passive tree without really much gain. to get even to the same dps you would need quite good critgear and you would loose either defense or flat elemental damage.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:

i thought about it, but i would need to completly change my gear and lot's of points in the passive tree without really much gain. to get even to the same dps you would need quite good critgear and you would loose either defense or flat elemental damage.

How would you go about using a rare helmet? like a hubris circlet with -9 cold res...

Which herald would you drop? since without that unique mask, i find it impossible to fit 3 heralds with my mana :o I tried and without the mask I end up with just 30 un-reserved mana, not enough for smooth playing/casting.

You're welcome to take a peek at my character if you will :) " Wizzertricks "
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
tsunamikun wrote:

How would you go about using a rare helmet? like a hubris circlet with -9 cold res...

Which herald would you drop? since without that unique mask, i find it impossible to fit 3 heralds with my mana :o I tried and without the mask I end up with just 30 un-reserved mana, not enough for smooth playing/casting.

You're welcome to take a peek at my character if you will :) " Wizzertricks "

If you're playing my spec the delvemod - chaos res is actually a lot stronger then - frost res. even - fire res is stronger. but yes, a helmet with 300 ES+ and the delve mod would be awesome. Even stronger would be a shaper helmet with + cold dmg to spells. but well, you need to be rich for that.

To still use three herald you would have to get charisma Node. Which is doable. This would also solve the dex problem. But you may loose a little bit of damage.

The weakest herald is herald of thunder. but you may need it for the curse. after that it's hard to say. but i think herald of fire is a little bit weaker.
Hey, there. Can this build do HC? Wanna try it on there. Thanks in advance. :)
Notice for 3.6

Development manifesto brings huge nerfs (and some buffs) to this specc.

It seems with the change to nonchaos damgage as extra chaos system the cold to fire conversation support will be weaker (as we need to focus on one element now) and hypothermia will again be stronger.

Winter Orb itself will also be nerfed in raw damage

But on another point it seems spell nodes will get some love as well as we're getting spell leech on tree which opens up a curse slot. Stay tuned!
Last edited by tsunamikun on Mar 5, 2019, 7:56:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info