Worth the time yet?

"
"
filix wrote:

... and that the game is by far the best arpg

Very true to the best of my knowledge

"
filix wrote:
and has this ultra potential to be one of the most played games on console ...

Very unlikely to be true to the best of my knowledge. This is a niche game, and if you enjoy the niche, the game shines. But if it is not your niche, then there is just too much crap/misery to fight through to ever learn to love it (before bailing). With its steep and apparently endless learning curve, and so many gotcha's, I do not see this game ever gaining wide popularity. Too many players just chase the latest PVP craze and have little appetite for a game like POE that demands a material commitment/investment of time and effort.

Well yeah its probably not casual enough for the masses, and yeah with every new league its not getting easier for new players.
"
Do y’all have a good starter build for Xbox for the league tomorrow?

Blade Vortex, Arc Totem/Traps (or Enkis Arc Witch) or Skeleton/Zombie-Necromancer. Always starting with one of These, farming through T10 Maps and then start a new char with a unique build. Something, I havent played yet.

I have made a "tweak" of the Necromancer-Builds from this forum with cheap items and play it at the start of every Season. As far as could I read, nothing changed, which means it will be still viable and very relaxed to play.

"
xPeleusx wrote:
I gave up on the trading system for xbox, folks are over pricing stuff that do not need to be so high.

Item is listed for 2 Ex -> I put 2 Ex in the System
Offer rejected, he is asking for 5 Ex.

Other item: Its listed for 5 Chaos, I put 5 Chaos in it -> Offer rejected. He wants 2 Ex now.

Next item: Listed in PoE.Trade for 1 Alch, on the Xbox for 2 Chaos. I put in 2 Chaos -> Offer rejected. "Put some coins in it!"

I have no Problem with overpriced items and spending more time to farm currency, but waiting hours until player answer to your offer and demanding more than they wanted before, just kill this system.
"
Sencja wrote:
"
xPeleusx wrote:
I gave up on the trading system for xbox, folks are over pricing stuff that do not need to be so high.

Item is listed for 2 Ex -> I put 2 Ex in the System
Offer rejected, he is asking for 5 Ex.

Other item: Its listed for 5 Chaos, I put 5 Chaos in it -> Offer rejected. He wants 2 Ex now.

Next item: Listed in PoE.Trade for 1 Alch, on the Xbox for 2 Chaos. I put in 2 Chaos -> Offer rejected. "Put some coins in it!"

I have no Problem with overpriced items and spending more time to farm currency, but waiting hours until player answer to your offer and demanding more than they wanted before, just kill this system.

Yep this pretty much sums my experience with trading in the game.

Items are only worth what people are will to pay for them.

Currently, the Tabula Rasa is going for 15C or more. In Betrayal so you can expect that to be 50c or more on xbox.

You can farm the damn thing in Blood Aquaducts takes a little bit but you can do it.

"
xPeleusx wrote:

Currently, the Tabula Rasa is going for 15C or more. In Betrayal so you can expect that to be 50c or more on xbox.

I bought it two seasons before for 15c, on PC you'll get it for 8-10c. The Baron Costs 3-5c on PC and you can buy it for 8-10c on Xbox. It cost more but its not that bad. Especially with higher drop rates for currency. I had 3 ex after the 5th day of the last season on Xbox while I have found 3 ex in my whole life on PC.

The only thing which is missing is an auto-accept option for offers. I would prefer paying 2c more for each item only to get it immediately with a fixed price. Too bad, GGG dont wanna have something like that.

Well and of course some better sort option for the Marketplace. It just kills a huge amount of time to scroll over the whole pages and once you have found a nice item for a good price, its already sold, because it appeared for you on site 20 while it was on site 1 for another dude, who could send his bit much earlier.
Last edited by Sencja on Dec 10, 2018, 9:26:57 AM
"
Sencja wrote:
"
xPeleusx wrote:

I bought it two seasons before for 15c, on PC you'll get it for 8-10c. The Baron Costs 3-5c on PC and you can buy it for 8-10c on Xbox. It cost more but its not that bad. Especially with higher drop rates for currency. I had 3 ex after the 5th day of the last season on Xbox while I have found 3 ex in my whole life on PC.

The only thing which is missing is an auto-accept option for offers. I would prefer paying 2c more for each item only to get it immediately with a fixed price. Too bad, GGG dont wanna have something like that.

Well and of course some better sort option for the Marketplace. It just kills a huge amount of time to scroll over the whole pages and once you have found a nice item for a good price, its already sold, because it appeared for you on site 20 while it was on site 1 for another dude, who could send his bit much earlier.

Pft I never was able to get a Baron folks always asking too much when I was looking for it.

And yeah the Marketplace function of items being on different pages for folks compared to someone else and also compared to when you last looked an hour ago is a problem.
"
xPeleusx wrote:

Pft I never was able to get a Baron folks always asking too much when I was looking for it.

Depends if you focus on levelling fast to start farming currency pretty early or levelling less effective (that's me!) and checking the market for good deals in the first hours.

I think it was last Season, were I bought The Baron for 10 Alch und Bones of Ullr for 2c and 1vaal. Since both items are the only ones I really need until Level 75, I didnt had big problems to complete my build.

I mean, I also got a Jewel for 1c which is worth 10-15c on PoE.Trade. But I had to check all jewels of that kind over and over again, spending at least 45 minutes in total for it. A normal player farms the difference of currency, while I was just spending my time on clicking through the marketplace.
Ha that's part of me going to SSF

I want to play the game. I do not want to be in the menus looking at items for hours.

This league there will be a lot of crafted items you can make on your own so there will not be much need for the trade board beyond certain required uniques and or some high end crafted items.

My goal this league is to finally do Uber Lab by my self (no help from anyone) beat Atziri again by myself.

After that, it is the guardians and Elder and Shaper.

Well, that's the difference. Both parts making the game in my opinion. I am playing the whole night until I get too tired to play anymore, turn my TV on for an hour to calm down and scroll through the marketplace, looking for good deals before I go to bed.

Once I woke up, I am drinking my coffee, eating a little bit and scrolling again through the marketplace. Continue playing until I get hungry, throwing stuff into the cooking pot, scrolling through the marketplace until it smells like good food and then … yeah, this are my first days of every poe season. And I love it this way.

None other game can give me this feeling and this kind of fun every three months. And for the thread opener: That's why the game is worth my time every season. :)
Last edited by Sencja on Dec 10, 2018, 12:06:19 PM
The last update to reduce the resolution was really helpful with the freeze and lag issues.
The new text filter for the market helps A LOT with the search.
All the leagues were fully implemented on Xbox and issues reported are solved really quickly

What game are are you playing ? the game works really nice...
"
bimbobaggings wrote:
What exactly are your issues with the game right now?

Communication is non-existent but can you blame them? All they see on the suggestion and gameplay forums is complaining, complaining, complaining...

I have over 40 days of playtime clocked on Xbox and probably had less than 10 crashes over the whole duration. Game runs very smooth on Xbox one x performance mode and everything else will come with time.

If the promised features haven't arrived yet, it's because they ran into issues, not because they don't give a fuck. PC is their main source of income so it's understanding that only a fraction of the team works on the console version.

I seriously doubt there is anything malicious going on here, some of you guys are just impatient.

IF this were the case, all GGG would have to do is be transparent! I know, crazy concept!

If you simply say "hey, we are working on features and improvements, but ran into some issues. We're shooting for XXX time frame" and then keep everyone updated, the bitching would taper down exponentially.

Everyone is pissed because communication with the xbox community is non-existent compared to PC. Xbox gets no QOL updates, nothing but new leagues and MTX's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info