Arc - Are you sure that there isn't a problem GGG ?

The first char is always a race to endgame/currency

the faster you get there first the more you are going to make money early.

Arc and BV are just like risk free choice.
You're not making an appropriate comparison. We are still in the infancy of Betrayal. Players will go to skills that they know can get a character through the campaign and do maps while they get currency for their "real" character. Compare it after about a month instead of the first weekend. I expect we'll have about 5-10 "main" skills, similar to Incursion and Delve.
"
FathomWheel wrote:
You're not making an appropriate comparison. We are still in the infancy of Betrayal. Players will go to skills that they know can get a character through the campaign and do maps while they get currency for their "real" character. Compare it after about a month instead of the first weekend. I expect we'll have about 5-10 "main" skills, similar to Incursion and Delve.

So, if one skill is absolutely dominating the beginning of a league (because it's cheaper, safer, stronger), and only slightly dominating the rest of the league, it's fine ?

Not really
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
FathomWheel wrote:

So, if one skill is absolutely dominating the beginning of a league (because it's cheaper, safer, stronger), and only slightly dominating the rest of the league, it's fine ?

Not really

Personally, I agree. I would like to see more diversity in leveling, but it's not a priority for GGG. I mean how long was Sunder the near universal skill for leveling attack builds.

If it wasn't Arc, it would be Sunder. If it wasn't Sunder, it would be some other skill. At the beginning of the league, people gravitate to skills they know are safe and/or powerful to get to maps and get currency as fast as possible.

My point to OP was he wasn't comparing comparable data. He was comparing data at the end of one league with the start of the next.
Your search is extremely biased.

Your doing a stat draft from the top 100, which are bassicaly pushers and efficiency nuts.

You can't really make conclusions based on that other then arc and bv being efficient early push starters with solid potential to invest in.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
FULL_SYNTEC wrote:
arc was useless one year ago. let it shine until it sink again

this^

Let arc have its time in the sun
I dont see any any key!
After some testing I moved from Templar to Witch and run Zombies with Armageddon Brand. The passive that makes minion damage add to spell damage is damn good, and I never leveled a char this fast.

It is basically: enter a room, cast AB (with lots of cast speed, because it benefits from it alot) and immediately dash off to the next room while everything dies behind you. Auto-targeting of brands make sure you are not going to miss a single mob. For bosses I have my zombie armada that tanks and adds the DPS I am missing otherwise. I will later add Vaal Summon Skeleton so I am back to basically one-shotting bosses, which still leaves one 4-chain for something I have yet to figure out. Thanks to the Witch life drain from elemental damage I have an insane heal on top, and the free resists from the Ascendancy are also a plus.

I want to note that I use no unique or otherwise expensive item so far, so this is definitely working great as a league starter build. So if you tell me that you must Arc, I tell you that you just were too lazy to try any other builds.
Ofc.

Now everyone whining about Arc being broken (Armageddon or other Brands are FAR more broken), so naturally, with the next league, Arc will nerfed to Fireball like levels, a skill noone ever uses at all.

Why not just be quiet, and let people play the game with skills even if they are in one persons opinion "OP".

Nerf everything then, everything can potentially be OP if you invest thousands of chaos into it.

Just let me play my "good" Arc skill on SSF, please. It's not OP, it's just RIGHT.
^
You don't care about balance, you just want to play a broken skill.

"
Boem wrote:
Your search is extremely biased.

Your doing a stat draft from the top 100, which are bassicaly pushers and efficiency nuts.

You can't really make conclusions based on that other then arc and bv being efficient early push starters with solid potential to invest in.

Peace,

-Boem-

I took a sample with the players who know best whag is good and what isn't indeed.
Don't you think that it's uch more meaningful than taking .... <lvl 50 players, for a conversation about balance ?

I don't remember ghe numbers at the very start of last league, but I don't think it was that "bad". That said, that quick conparison I made make little sense, I guess I will remove it as it does not bring much.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Dec 10, 2018, 9:07:08 PM
"
There is obviously a problem somewhere, and arc has been like the most used skill for a while already.

I think there's a far greater design flaw.

Beginning of league--you need cheap builds that can farm easily.
You don't know how dangerous league mechanics will be--you want safe builds with options for defenses

This has been going on for a while. POE has this major issue of 'countless options of builds but in the end they're all the same'. Besides a few archetypes, totem/summoner, trapper, sunder/melee, ranged--really every build is exactly the same. So it plays out to what's the most efficient to clear whatever you want to do. Couple this with the trend of promoting single-player and making any party play cumbersome.

How is party play cumbersome?
There still isn't a way to just buy someone's stuff marked for buyout without having to party up with someone, go fish it out, go fish the money out, and trade in person.
Party play makes bosses have an even higher obnoxious amount of health/there aren't enough mobs in a map to make it worth to work together to speed clear.

Solo play is king. Pick the most efficient way to solo clear, make money, GG. That's how a lot of people play and that's how you end up with basically the highest DPS spell available being used in nearly every build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info