Righteous Fire/BV! (No Uniques Needed|Relaxing Play|Easy to Gear|Anyone Can Play|All Content)[3.5]

Hey dude first of all thanks for the nice build! It's pretty fun all at all but I am struggeling with a few things in semi late game..

My first question is how do you deal with the attributes? I followed your tree and equipment suggestions and got to a point where I am always lacking of something. For example now I can't level up my BV to lvl 19 because I don't have enough dex (I already equiped a fluid motion jewel but it still isn't enough).

Second question is how do you go into boss fights like Elder or Aziri where you can't cast the vaal versions of BV and RF? I feel like I die pretty fast when standing next to the boss to hit him with BV.

Third question: is there an amount of life regen per second you can recommend to reach at late game? I am now an 1k per sec with golem standing around in hideout..

Thanks again for the build and your effort to help with all the questions asked here! :)
Craft extra dex and int on your jewelry at the crafting bench in your hideout. Thats what i did xD
"
Hey dude first of all thanks for the nice build! It's pretty fun all at all but I am struggeling with a few things in semi late game..

My first question is how do you deal with the attributes? I followed your tree and equipment suggestions and got to a point where I am always lacking of something. For example now I can't level up my BV to lvl 19 because I don't have enough dex (I already equiped a fluid motion jewel but it still isn't enough).

Second question is how do you go into boss fights like Elder or Aziri where you can't cast the vaal versions of BV and RF? I feel like I die pretty fast when standing next to the boss to hit him with BV.

Third question: is there an amount of life regen per second you can recommend to reach at late game? I am now an 1k per sec with golem standing around in hideout..

Thanks again for the build and your effort to help with all the questions asked here! :)

I'm not the creator of the build, but here are my thoughts:

1) What I did was to get the two +30 dex nodes that this build is near (around Combat Stamina and Elemental Overload). That's a +60 plus. The rest (around 50 dex) I got on one single item (it's pretty easy to get that amount of dex in one item alone, so you don't have to manage 6+ items, each one containing +10 dex, which is a pain in the ass when you switch one). + Atributes in items is also cheap. Jewels don't give you a high flat amount. It's better to use them for life, damage and some resistance.

2) Have not fought those yet (still in early maps) but I'd suggest you to focus on life on the tree and on your gear. The more life you have, the more dmg your RF does. Switching auras and gems might also do the trick (like Vitality instead of Herald of Ash or Flammability instead of Enfeeble, just to name a couple). Flasks also make a huge difference, so make sure you have some that give +res or max res for the duration aganist the element type of the boss. Another thing is to take your time. It's general knowledge, but it's better to kill the boss in 10 mins than try to do it in 2 and die. Just back off, wait for your regen to do the work and go back to punch those ass***** in the face. Or rather, burn and cut them. Getting life on the passive tree is also an option.

3) The amount is: as much as you possibly can. RF burns for around 12% of your life per second (assuming your fire resist is at max), so you have to have 12% life regen JUST to sustain it. But, if you want your life to go up after the mobs and bosses hit you, you need more than 12%. Generally, flat amounts of life regen are better early/mid game, when your health is lower. The more HP you have, tough, the more you benefit from % life regen. Boot enchantment for 2% life and mana regen is VERY good for this build if you can run Uber Lab consistently until you get it. Panicked flasks (heal applied instantly) or catalysed (+ recovery rate) are good for those more tense moments.

Hope that helps.
Can this shit be usefull ? =)
I will respond to all the posts when my power returns. Another wind storm, another power outage.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Blacksheep1775. Funny meeting you hear on the Chieftain side ;)

"
I'm so glad I found this build of yours. I started another RF build on SSF that I didn't realize actually NEEDED uniques to function. I didn't know until it was level 71 and I switched from Scorching Ray+Firestorm so I shelved it and went back to your lovely Slow Mo Zombies build that I used last league as well. The plan was to use the witch to farm the gear for the RF build, but when I found this page I switched my tree and skills around and suddenly I could maintain RF! I still have to gear him up and sort out the rest of the skills, but man... so much better!

I just wanted to thank you for your builds, they've been helping me learn the higher end content that I haven't been able to reach with the more complicated builds because I have trouble focusing on too many skills and flasks.

Thanks again!
I'm really glad it's been helpful. The game is sooooo much more fun when you don't need specific pieces of gear. You are very kind to have taken the time to write again with such kind words. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy either build and as usual, please ask whatever you like. Thanks again :)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Dec 21, 2018, 3:29:10 AM
Hey battleboibasty,

"
You're welcome! I glad you're enjoying it.

"
Ya, the sucky thing about this build is being so low on Dex. I currently have 84 Dex in my amulet and 38 in my gloves. You can also use the +30 Dex nodes on the tree until get a sweet amulet to help out. Most if your dex will likely be on your amulet. While leveling though, you can craft small amounts of attributes for really cheap too.

"
So personally, with this build, I play on console and I don't have enough buttons to use the Vaal of either skill. So I just use RF, BV, and SR. I'll turn RF on so that I can always deal damage to whatever is close, even if I'm running around to escape stuff. I cast BV whenever I feel safe but I don't ever care if I'm at full casts or not. I cast until I panic or need to move, then come back when it's safe. I don't bother with SR until I'm now I'll be casting BV for a second or two.

But I escape and run around lots. BV does do lots of damage, but because it's close range (with no AOE bonus :( ), I just have to pick my moment for dealing damage.

I have no problem turning RF off for these battles too. Especially new battles. It's nice to have the life regen while you get used to battles with predetermined stages.

Was that too vague? Or did it help?

"
With no items or scenarios affecting our character at all, and our full skill tree and level 20 gems activated, PoB says we should be at 1195 life regen per second without RF and 435 with RF on. I currently/still have no gear that really gives good life regen bonuses and am quite happy with the life regen I'm getting. So honestly, as vague as it sounds (sorry to be vague again), just the higher the better. As long has you have your resists and as high health as you can get, I'd pick more life regen over any other mod.

"
You're welcome. I'm glad it's helpful.

If I didn't answer something or you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Annnnnd

"
daiverok wrote:
Can this shit be usefull ? =)
Yes. Yes it can. :)

Annnnnd

Heyo.
I think if i have some uniq flasks (at least 3) i can deal with freeze and bleed on next two.
But what about poison\curses\etc ?
PS step up a bit in lvling, game goes smoother.
But still feels strange. But i understand clearly that i really really far from good offset gear jewels and etc.
This looks so interesting! Always wanted to play both RF and BV. Anxious to try it out!

Question: Looks like it relies heavily on endurance charges. How are you generating them? I only see the one ascendency node giving only 20% chance. That doesn't seem like very much! What about during long end game boss fights?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info