[3.6] The Shimmeron Killer | Lightning Trickster | Everything explodes | Budget friendly

Yes, it does work very well with Arc for farming. Actually, before the current setup, I've used Lightning Tendrils + CwChannelling + Arc, and that is tons of funs against mobs : Zip Zip Zip BOOOM !
But Arc is very clumsy against bosses. Doesn't do much damage, unless it strikes other targets before.
So I've also tried LT + CwC + Ball Lightning. It's better but quite slow. I was dying a lot.

Now that they have reworked Storm Burst, it does the same thing as channelled Ball Lightning, but faster and more versatile (the same way as Soulrend is now a better version of a Contagion+Essence Drain setup). So it's better for bosses.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Some updates :
I've made some improvement to the first post. More details about Shimmeron degen and my current weapons.

I'm currently searching for simple ways to boost the DPS.

I've bought those boots with Aspect of the Spider on them :

(80c)

Spider gives slightly less DPS than Zealotry but it reserves only 25% of mana (50% for Zealotry). So if you also use Wrath aura, no need to get "reduced reserved mana" nodes.

Now, I prefer to self-cast Wave of Conviction instead of totem.
I also use Vaal Righteous Fire against bosses and Syndicate.
I've tried RF for farming : huge boost to DPS to be sure, but lot of degen !

If you're using a Sceptre, you can try Smite : gives you a nice lightning boost for 4sec (base duration). It is an attack, so you may want to add Accuracy / AoE to get better chances of hitting, as well as Inc Duration.

- I wanted to use the EE mechanics, since it is a huge boost (+ ~30% in my setup) but with Wrath aura, all my attacks and spells get added lightning damage, so there is currently no way to hit the enemy with only fire or cold dmg. I've thought about Vigilante Strike + Added Fire/cold dmg to proc EE + getting the Fortify boost at the same time. If you do not have any lightning dmg added to attacks, you may want to try it.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on May 6, 2019, 2:36:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info