[3.6] Elementalist - Armageddon Brand - Ignite. Elder/Shaper Viable - Cheap starter

Hello and welcome to the Armageddon Brand Elementalist build with a focus on igniting enemies and watching them burn to death.

I used this as a starter in 3.5 and i cleared all the guardians, Shaper and red Elder with it.
Armageddon brand is recieving some nerfs in 3.6 but from what I can see it should still be perfectly fine as a starter/mapfarmer.


3.6 Setup with MoM instead of Phase acrobatics. https://pastebin.com/cVm25kaZ Armageddon brand is set to lvl 18 to mimic the 3.6 nerf in damage. We are still over 200k Shaper ignite dps!


Shaper Down :https://clips.twitch.tv/AdorableSpeedyFinchFunRun
Red Elder down
T16 Lich Down
Hydra Down
Phoenix Down
Chimera Down
Minotaur Down

200k+ shaper dps (ignite).


Thanks to everyone who has contributed and wished me good luck. Also it makes me really happy when people come into my stream and tell me that they are having a great time with my build!


For questions or input either reply here or visit me when im streaming on https://twitch.tv/seabazz87


How to play with Armageddon Brand
Spoiler

The general idea of the build is to run/dash around and toss out your brand on enemies or close to them. The brand then summons meteors to rain down on them. The enemies get ignited and then the fire spreads. If an enemy who's branded dies, the brand should automatically jump to a nearby enemy and repeat. If you have some brands laying on the ground a screen behind you, just use Brand recall and all the active brands will be teleported to your position, now with increased cooldown recovery speed and increased attachment range.


Path of Bulding link and url to skilltree
Spoiler


My character: https://pastebin.com/cVm25kaZ
Skilltree @ https://tinyurl.com/y5ckjqbk




Equipment & Gem links
Spoiler


Important note We need some strength and dexterity on our gear to be able to max the wanted skill gems.

Weapon
Budget: Rare 2h staff crafted with Shrieking essence of Rage with +2 fire skills
Endgame: The Searing Touch

Armor
Budget: Tabula Rasa
End game: Kaom's Hearth, Glorious Plate. Massive life and a bonus to our fire damage.

Gloves
Fingerless silk gloves for the extra spell damage. 75+ Maximum life and resistances.

Boots
Any rare boots with +20-30 movementspeed, 75+ Maximum life and resistances.

Helm
Any rare helm with 75+ Maximum life and resistances

Rings
1 rare unset ring with +3 to socketed skill gems for Brand Recall
Uniqe unset ring. Malachai's Artifice Summon Lightning Golem to proc Elemental Equilibrium
Amulet
rare amulet with 75+ Maximum life and resistances. and maybe some damage stats


Main spell
Armageddon Brand - Combustion Support - Immolate support - Swift Affliction Support - Deadly Ailments Support - Burning Damage Support

Golems Curse and Aura
Flammability - OPEN SOCKET FOR NOW - Summon Stone Golem - Summon Flame Golem

CWDT
Cast When Damage Taken lvl 1 - Immortal Call lvl 3 - Incrased Duration - Enfeeble

Movement
Flame Dash - Faster Casting Support - Arcane Surge Support lvl 6 - Clarity

Brand Recall



Ascendancy, Pantheon & Bandits
Spoiler


Kill all the bandits for two points!

Endgame Bossing Setup

1- Shaper of Desolation - Helps with Ignite uptime.

2- Beacon of Ruin - This is gonna speed up mapclearing because that the Ailments will spread to nearby enemies (Ignite).

3- Liege of the Primordial - +1 maximum golems and more damage per golem.

4- Elemancer - +1 maximum golems, More damage per Golem summoned. Since we go with Flame Golem, Lightning Golem we get immune to burning and shock.

Feelgood Farming up to T16 setup

1- Shaper of Desolation - Increased chance to give enemies Elemental ailments.

2- Beacon of ruin - Elemental profiliation and increased effect of our Elemental ailments.

3- Paragon of Calamity - Elemental reflect and life leech from our spells.

4- Pendulum of Destruction - Increased area of effect and damage.

Major God: Soul of Lunaris For reduced Physical damage taken.
Minor God: Soul of Gruthkul For reduced Physical damage taken.


Leveling
Spoiler


Leveling PoB Can be found in the regular PoB link. bottom left press default and choose part 1 2 or 3.

Fireball, Frostbolt or any prefered starting skill for the first levels. Arc is fantastic at level 12

Summon Raging spirit, melee splash and minion damage is a strong early 3 link.

Remember to pick up all our needed spells as soon as you get them to start leveling them.
Armageddon Brand @ lvl 28
Combustion @ lvl 8
Deadly Ailments @ lvl 18
Swift Affliction @ lvl 31
Burning Damage @ lvl 31
Immolate @ lvl 38



Last edited by seabazz on Mar 16, 2019, 5:11:16 PM
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2019, 4:02:24 AM
looks interesting
I am really curious about armageddon brand build and I will definitely try this one, give my feedback and keep coming back to this post often.
You're off by quite a bit.

Fireball already has 88% more ignite damage, and near double the base damage. It's going to be nowhere near the damage you have.


Okay, so a level 16 Fireball has slightly higher base damage than a lvl 20 Armageddon brand, but lets use it anyways. God knows the extra gem levels are going to favor Fireball with your +3 staff, but I digress. Now we change your 180% more amulet to 100% to match up the ignite multiplier. the +3 staff might favor AB over fireball this time... You're looking at 300k ignite dps. 200k on a normal boss.
Last edited by ic8789 on Dec 7, 2018, 2:10:09 AM
"
ic8789 wrote:
You're off by quite a bit.

Fireball already has 88% more ignite damage, and near double the base damage. It's going to be nowhere near the damage you have.


Okay, so a level 16 Fireball has slightly higher base damage than a lvl 20 Armageddon brand, but lets use it anyways. God knows the extra gem levels are going to favor Fireball with your +3 staff, but I digress. Now we change your 180% more amulet to 100% to match up the ignite multiplier. the +3 staff might favor AB over fireball this time... You're looking at 300k ignite dps. 200k on a normal boss.


Thanks alot for your input! I'll change the values.
Any update ?
"
Pingouragan wrote:
Any update ?


Currently at work. Will be home in about 5 hours.

So I guess the updates will keep comming during the night (Europe time)

Thanks for showing interest.
Hey,

i might give it a try tonight, the spell description sounds awesome.

But doesnt it lack single target/boss damage? Or is the burning/ignite damage enough in your opinion ?

EDIT: Noob question, the node "Explosive Runes" you mentioned which we should get first IF we get the skill gem relatively early, says "You can Cast an additional Brand", what exactly does that mean? Mobs can burn/ignite twice ?
(and your PoB tree doesnt have this node linked at the moment)
Last edited by Karozlol on Dec 7, 2018, 7:38:48 AM
"
Karozlol wrote:
Hey,

i might give it a try tonight, the spell description sounds awesome.

But doesnt it lack single target/boss damage? Or is the burning/ignite damage enough in your opinion ?

EDIT: Noob question, the node "Explosive Runes" you mentioned which we should get first IF we get the skill gem relatively early, says "You can Cast an additional Brand", what exactly does that mean? Mobs can burn/ignite twice ?
(and your PoB tree doesnt have this node linked at the moment)


My worry is also the singletarget damage. I have not tried an ignite build earlier and it will be a surprise for me aswell tonight. I honestly think it will be allright. If not i'll find a solution for it:)

It's wierd that your pob doesnt show that node. It was shown last night when i checked just before bed. I'm unable to check it now since im at work.

"You can cast an additional brand" means you can throw 1 more of them out. you start with being able to cast 1. In this talent tree we get up to 3. We also spec top left. cant remember name atm (rune something)? Wich enables 2 brands to attach to 1 enemy at the same time.

In my head this will give us some help with single target dps. And I'm really looking forward to try this out tonight.

Have a good one!
"
seabazz wrote:
"
Karozlol wrote:
Hey,

i might give it a try tonight, the spell description sounds awesome.

But doesnt it lack single target/boss damage? Or is the burning/ignite damage enough in your opinion ?

EDIT: Noob question, the node "Explosive Runes" you mentioned which we should get first IF we get the skill gem relatively early, says "You can Cast an additional Brand", what exactly does that mean? Mobs can burn/ignite twice ?
(and your PoB tree doesnt have this node linked at the moment)


My worry is also the singletarget damage. I have not tried an ignite build earlier and it will be a surprise for me aswell tonight. I honestly think it will be allright. If not i'll find a solution for it:)

It's wierd that your pob doesnt show that node. It was shown last night when i checked just before bed. I'm unable to check it now since im at work.

"You can cast an additional brand" means you can throw 1 more of them out. you start with being able to cast 1. In this talent tree we get up to 3. We also spec top left. cant remember name atm (rune something)? Wich enables 2 brands to attach to 1 enemy at the same time.

In my head this will give us some help with single target dps. And I'm really looking forward to try this out tonight.

Have a good one!


So the spell itself is like a singletargeted spell i throw and it jumps to nearby enemies and has a chance to procc a meteor that does aoe i guess, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info