[3.6 UPDATED] Sidefx Frost Blades CHAMPION varient (strongest by far) Great League starter!

Edit* wrong post sorry
Last edited by Ringcycle on Jan 8, 2019, 5:36:51 AM
"
RobertTwins wrote:
What pantheons should I run with this? Cant find in guide or im blind.

Nothing super specific more of a What feels you need. Damage reduction ect.
"
__MaX__ wrote:
Hey guys, just a little update for the tweaks I've made on the build.

First, I did not go for BoB since I'm bored as hell of this armour... every frakin' melee build is using it. So... I'm still on a 5L at the moment, but Daresso is insanely good. I haven't played a Frostblades setup as much resilient as this one.

You get the endurance charges (which are a real plus for survivability) and also you get onslaught each time you get hit.

I've changed the blood magic to a reduced mana since I do not like blood magic at all (I'm dashing like crazy, and I prefer to be out of mana than life).

I've also changed the Orb of storm setup to a ball lightning with a CWDT. Pretty efficient when mapping.

It means you are on :
- Onslaught
- Blood rage
- 3x every type of charge (endurance, power, frenzy)
- Vaal haste (when you have it up of course)

A really big burst of damage when everything is up. I doesn't take in account the fact that I've succeeded to flatten my rez for Wise Oak, and the crit' lucky potion.

At the moment, I'm mapping really efficiently T10-12, and I've done a few T13 and T14 without much trouble.

I'm pretty stunned by my actual life pool (~4680) which doesn't reflect at all the fact that I almost don't die.

Also, on the skill tree, i've removed the Elemental Focus node and the Elemental damage node just before it. Replaced them by Weapon Artistry, Attack speed and planning on getting Aspect of the Lynx. It is indeed a DPS boost and a really tiny bonus to life and leech.

Disclaimer : I've played, created, and used several frostblades builds. I know the gameplay, I know how to move and position myself. So, choosing this kind of armour or setup doesn't mean you will be immortal or survive everything. Don't forget to move and look at the mobs and what they throw at you :)

+1 this post. Good job :)
why not link culling to ancestral warchief/golem instead of melee physical?
Can you offer some help on my build, I tried going to your twitch a few times now and wasnt able to get a reply from you :(

https://pastebin.com/fCNMvGEj

MY DPS on here is depressing compared to yours. I'd love to know how to increase it, I'll also give your update a go as well!

I know I need Atziri's flask and a better claw... but still I am like 1/5 of your dps

I can do T15 without any issue, but Shaper touches in ways that are fairly inappropriate.
Last edited by FallenDreams117 on Jan 9, 2019, 7:47:04 PM
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
RobertTwins wrote:

thanks i just winged it and works fine, I have a new problem though. Im running the enlightened lvl 4 with the HoP and HoI and Hatred, and its still using up all my mana, i cant activate all 3. Im following your build right now too. Do i need mana on an item?

Edit: I also have more max mana than you do in your videos, so i dont understand the problem actually.

Edit2.0: Found it, the ring workaround was causing increased mana reservation. Hope my blindness saves someone else from same issue when they get to this point.
Last edited by RobertTwins on Jan 10, 2019, 11:02:57 AM
"
RobertTwins wrote:
"
Sidefx06 wrote:
"
RobertTwins wrote:

thanks i just winged it and works fine, I have a new problem though. Im running the enlightened lvl 4 with the HoP and HoI and Hatred, and its still using up all my mana, i cant activate all 3. Im following your build right now too. Do i need mana on an item?

Edit: I also have more max mana than you do in your videos, so i dont understand the problem actually.

Edit2.0: Found it, the ring workaround was causing increased mana reservation. Hope my blindness saves someone else from same issue when they get to this point.

Well according to PoB ur current set up allows you to reserve all 3, Hatred HoI and HoP with 77 mana left. (12%) also can you play FB without Ancestral call or Multi haha, Interesting take on how to fit in the chest. I just dont think losing 110 dps on a weapon to not gain a massive more amount of hp is worth it.
"
Can you offer some help on my build, I tried going to your twitch a few times now and wasnt able to get a reply from you :(

https://pastebin.com/fCNMvGEj

MY DPS on here is depressing compared to yours. I'd love to know how to increase it, I'll also give your update a go as well!

I know I need Atziri's flask and a better claw... but still I am like 1/5 of your dps

I can do T15 without any issue, but Shaper touches in ways that are fairly inappropriate.

Well, just from a quick look, You can only reserve your 2 heralds due to lack of mana, without Enlighten 4 and Wyrm ring, also in poB you never checked have frenzy charges,the amount of cold pen you have, enemy is chilled ect. So atm with my tweak im showing you have 420k then if you add a diamond flask you have 100k more. Hope this helps a little.
"
Sidefx06 wrote:

Well according to PoB ur current set up allows you to reserve all 3, Hatred HoI and HoP with 77 mana left. (12%) also can you play FB without Ancestral call or Multi haha, Interesting take on how to fit in the chest. I just dont think losing 110 dps on a weapon to not gain a massive more amount of hp is worth it.

Yeah figured it out. I can have all 3 now. I also do use multistrike, its on my weapon. For ancestral call i just swap ruthless out for it when mapping, and ruthless for bosses. I lost a bit of dmg without hypothermia, but im pathing up on the tree for more Claws of the Falcon node, which will bring my dps back up to around where yours is i think. I really like having Kaom's heart too for the extra 500 HP.

Mainly changed this build around just because i found this weapon

Wanted to build around it and Kaoms heart.

Next i want to get a ring with assassins mark curse on it to get me the power charges i lost when removing orb of storms but so far im doing well with this build. Was able to do all the guardians, havent tried shaper or uber elder yet though but it feels comfortable.
@Sidefx Thanks ;]

@Skunkroyale you could indeed.

@RobertTwins wow ! Is that your drop or did you buy it ? If you bought it, I would be curious to know the price of a monster like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info