[3.5] Occultist Cold DoT Caster (Cold Snap + Vortex) WIP

TarceCat was arguing, a trickster version of the built might be on par, or even better.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whpuSuTjIL8

What would you have to do different?
"
Bierdeckel2 wrote:
TarceCat was arguing, a trickster version of the built might be on par, or even better.

Trickster would be a better league starter, Tarke is right. But it would be a very different build. What I do not like about Trickster is that his sustain is tied to "on kill" effects, so no real sustain during boss fights. Trickster is awesome for mapping but Occultist is much much better on bosses. Also free Stun/Freeze/Chill immunity from Occultist is very good.

And to answer second part of your question - everything would be different) Trickster starter would have to be Life, not CI, so all the gear needs to be changed, tree has to be changed, etc.
"
OGFire wrote:

check the video of winter orb. You will see that he shot at target they get frozen and 2 seconds later they explode so it's a damage over time effect too

Winter orb shoots projectile that explose doing over time damage

You really need to brush up on PoE mechanics mate. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_over_time
"
Agr1as wrote:
"
Bierdeckel2 wrote:

Trickster would be a better league starter, Tarke is right. But it would be a very different build. What I do not like about Trickster is that his sustain is tied to "on kill" effects, so no real sustain during boss fights. Trickster is awesome for mapping but Occultist is much much better on bosses. Also free Stun/Freeze/Chill immunity from Occultist is very good.

And to answer second part of your question - everything would be different) Trickster starter would have to be Life, not CI, so all the gear needs to be changed, tree has to be changed, etc.

How long do you think it's going to take for you to respec to CI? Moreover, which ascendancy nodes are you thinking of leaving for Uber Lab?
Last edited by cha_siu_bao on Dec 7, 2018, 4:52:13 AM
"
cha_siu_bao wrote:

How long do you think it's going to take for you to respec to CI? Moreover, which ascendancy nodes are you thinking of leaving for Uber Lab?

I will leave Vile Bastion for ULab for sure. And respec to CI depends on luck. I usually go through story mode with whatever I can find and then buy minimal gear before maps.
Hi< ty for build
Can you help me what i should leave on skill tree if im not going to give 100 lvl, can you show tree for 90 lvl

And why you took Spiritual aid and other points for minions
Thanks
"
CMa_ wrote:
Hi< ty for build
Can you help me what i should leave on skill tree if im not going to give 100 lvl, can you show tree for 90 lvl

Thanks

Depends on what do you want more - defense or damage. Spiritual Aid makes any minion damage nodes apply to you and they are pretty powerful generic damage nodes which is very useful.
Any leech or regen possibility ?
"
CMa_ wrote:
Hi< ty for build

Thanks

Thanks, ill try to use this build on HC so i need more defence, what do you advise about 90 lvl on tree?
"
ancientmind wrote:
Any leech or regen possibility ?

We get regen from:
1. Sorrow of the Divine unique flask, which transforms some life regen we have on the tree in to ES regen and also gives Consecrated Ground which gives regen too.
2. Vile Bastion notable in Occultist ascendancy, for every kill in last 4 seconds we regen 1% of max ES.

And it is not like we really need that regen, recharge with Soul Strike and Wicked Ward is amazing enough.

Technically this build can leech, cause both Cold Snap and Vortex do have initial hit, but we build around DoT, and DoT can't leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info