[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Hello,

It's my second league (the other one was last year) and if you would like to give me a gear check, it'll be helpful :).

Spoiler

I have ~20-30c I can use for upgrades. What's your feedbacks?
"
emaster wrote:

I use "15% chance to recover 10% of your mana when using a skill while affected by Clarity" Watcher's eye to help with mana sustain. As I read - it has chance to proc when you place your mines and then separate chance to proc for each mine when detonating. In that case, each place-detonate will have about 40% chance to recover 10% of mana (1 proc for place and 2 for detonate of 2 mines), which in my case is 250 mana. And it feels indeed the case, since I don't have mana problems at all, even in boss fights. I'm always at full mana unless I've taken a serious hit. Of course it takes a jewel slot which might have been taken by some other watcher's eye, like "penetrates X resistances while affected by Wrath" but it feels worth it (plus Wrath eyes are pretty expensive).

As for Minefield - I think you are loosing about 16% of dps by using it instead of Controlled Destruction (you place 4 mines instead of 2, but they all make 36% less damage, so overall Minefield gives 28% more damage over Controlled Destruction 44%). Of course if that's worth additional regen of not can only be decided by you.

I forgot about that watcher's eye mod :) I sit now at 10ex+ also my dagger and shield are worth few ex i think so lets say tremor rod 3,5 ex and clarity+wrath increased lightning damage around 7 ex i think it may works realy nice

"
Gammatora wrote:
Hello,

It's my second league (the other one was last year) and if you would like to give me a gear check, it'll be helpful :).

Spoiler

Dont upgrade now save more currency get yourself additional mine helmet than loreweave and at the end better shield and weapon or tremor rod. Also remember to have resistances overcapped all time long.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll work towards the +1 mine helmet.
I don't know if exist a prize for the best made guide in PoE, but, if it is, you deserve the first place.
Really a great guide, easy to follow, full of hints and walktrough.
Thank you a lot.
Hi I am new to trap build and have some questions, I read through the guide and skim through some pages and still confused

1) the guide states getting innervate support on a helm is good (with place additional mine + remote mine), however, innervate does not support mine, please explain
2) when i get a pseudo 5L on the helm, should i use GC/lightning spire on helm or 6L chest
3) what is the advantage/disadvantage of GC vs lightning spire

thx
Leveling this build, atm lvl 71, still have to kill Kitava but going extremly smoothly sincle lvl 60 and on.

My current gear:

Spoiler

+ Clear Mind 55% Spell damage on the tree

Any idea what i should be on a lookout for next?
1) Any tip on getting 5L blue 1L green loreweave? Is it just spamming "at least 1 green" which is the off-color?

2) Standing in head out with just wrath activated, my arc damage is 10967 per hit (Arc, Remote Mine, Mine Field, Increased Critical, Lightning Penetration, Added Cold Damage). I know level 21 arc is a big big increase but just curious what is everyone else's damage like for end game one hand and shield. I am trying to see how far do I need to go.

3) I think Watcher's Eye with 8-10% more damage taken in mana is HUGE for this build, 40% MOM is really OP.

4) A lot of hardcore leaders use Atziri's Foible which is a huge mana / regen improvement. I was dying because of mana issues and this in conjunction with Lavianga really took care of it.

5) Other than Loreweave what are some of the luxury items we can work toward? I already got Loreweave thanks! I plan on saving for level 21 arc next.
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 26, 2018, 8:59:24 PM
"
hitmantb wrote:
1) Any tip on getting 5L blue 1L green loreweave? Is it just spamming "at least 1 green" which is the off-color?

2) Standing in head out with just wrath activated, my arc damage is 10967 per hit (Arc, Remote Mine, Mine Field, Increased Critical, Lightning Penetration, Added Cold Damage). I know level 21 arc is a big big increase but just curious what is everyone else's damage like for end game one hand and shield. I am trying to see how far do I need to go.

3) I think Watcher's Eye with 8-10% more damage taken in mana is HUGE for this build, 40% MOM is really OP.

4) A lot of hardcore leaders use Atziri's Foible which is a huge mana / regen improvement. I was dying because of mana issues and this in conjunction with Lavianga really took care of it.

5) Other than Loreweave what are some of the luxury items we can work toward? I already got Loreweave thanks! I plan on saving for level 21 arc next.

1.Spam at least one green usualy around 10-20 tries needed to have it
2.Dont even check yet :) Currently testig Tremor Rod
3.Well probably it is awesome didnt had chance to try it i just bought chance to recover mana when affected by clarity and increased lightning damage when affected by wrath and it works realy nice
4.As i mentioned before chance to recover mana when affected by clarity solve almost all mana problems except those realy big hits + im using dream fragments it also helps a lot
5. I think mark of shaper and elder essence worm also "+ to gems" tremor rod or loreweave, helmet with arc chain additional time enchant it all boost your dps to sky but most of it take some survivability from you. Also some realy sick one hand weapons and shield may be also good.
I have a pair of these gloves that dropped while I was farming on another character. What do you suggest I use them for? I feel like they might be a good fit for a trap build, but I've never played trap/mines before. Suggestions?

"
Gammatora wrote:
Hello,

Spoiler

I got my helm for 3c, spent another 15 fusings on the crafting bench for 4S(it was originally 1S) and linking it. Getting the colors right took about 10 chromatics.

Keep an eye out for bargains and you can get a great helm.

Last edited by jhneoh on Dec 27, 2018, 3:21:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info