[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
EggY0lky wrote:
I plan on trying this set up. What one hander do you suggest? Is a mace a must or wand is also a good choice?
Is arc your only damage spell? It's fine even for single targets? Because my current set up is using tremor rod and I still need ball lightning for single targets.

I don't look at the weapon type, just that it has the stats I want on it. Let's breakdown my scepter that I picked up for 50c like 2 weeks ago:

+1 to Lightning: Upgrades 21 Arc to 22 for an additional 14-76 Lightning and 1% shock effect. Also does +1 to Herald of Thunder, Skitter, and Wrath (no impact at 22/23).. so adds a little bit more damage from the first 2.
56% spell damage - Okay, could be higher.
39% crit chance to spells - Good stat, bad roll. Crafted crit to spells is higher.
27% crit multi - Can go higher, equivalent to crafted crit multi.
4-111 Lightning to spells craft - Good.
The shaped supports don't matter to me, just mainly focusing on the 5 above.

Pretty much the only way I'll get better is to multimod something like +1 Lightning and Lightning/non-chaos as extra chaos. I basically had a search open for weeks and if I saw anything within budget, popped it into PoB and saw if it was a damage increase. The only stuff I saw that were an increase cost minimum 2-3 ex. Pretty much have given up on weapon upgrade this league, good enough for me. Might look again at some point just to see whats out there.. sitting on like 8 ex again and just got my first Hunter's Orb last night (5 ex?).

I want to test out 6L Tremor and an ES shield instead of Prism, but the way I built my gear relies entirely on Prism for the 37 all res and 30 dex. Might not touch it until I'm done with the league and just throwing away currency.

Yes, Arc is my only damage. Conductivity on Ring replaced my Storm Brand curse set-up and the VD on my CWDT is just for ES leech, not damage. All my other stuff is auras, Golem, Vaal RF/ARC for burst, and Vaal Discipline for situational ES regen. I don't like linking other people's content, but you can find plenty of videos of low life Arc mines in action and I can attest to damage increase and tankiness. I would be at 95 if I would stop goofing off at 90% exp :P. And it seems like LL is the natural choice for most higher end miners unless they switch to something else that is tankier.

Here is my LL PoB for those that are considering switching and understand the exalts it will cost to switch. I understand that not every mob is going to get the -9 res, not every mob is going to get full shocked, etc. Don't care, comparing it only to my own PoB with the same configurations, not to others. I do leave Vaal RF off though because I only use it for boss nuke.

https://pastebin.com/b6qhNALG
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

If you do, you can add an Enlighten 3 (30c) to reduce their mana reserved too giving you more mana for mines. If you only have enough mana for 15 mines, you're missing out a good chunk of boss nuke damage. 6 mines plus the Blastchain aura effect of more damage per mine in chain.

Gonna do that, what should i sacrifice ? stone golem or precision? Stone golem can lure attention away from me when i need to escape.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Just going by what was in your PoB when I checked. It said you only had 63 lightning res for some reason. Just checked again and now it said you only have 68 cold res.. so whatever the case, just make sure you are staying at 75+ res.
it must be a bug cause my resistances are all capped when i look on ''c''

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

No idea what you're talking about for Desecrate. Volatile Dead and Desecrate are auto-casted when you take damage thanks to CWDT. If you can cast it, then gem levels are off.

thats extremely strange as it didnt work on my 4 link, maybe its because the level was too high for CWDT? right now i replaced it with conductivity which actually worked. But after realizing that desecrate was supposed to cast automaticly, which one do you think is better between desecrate and conductivity?
"
Njaku wrote:
thats extremely strange as it didnt work on my 4 link, maybe its because the level was too high for CWDT? right now i replaced it with conductivity which actually worked. But after realizing that desecrate was supposed to cast automaticly, which one do you think is better between desecrate and conductivity?

Drop Inc Duration on Flame Dash, put Golem there, then you can leave Precision.
Speaking of Flame Dash, your Arcane Surge is too high. At 20 with Faster Casting, Arcane Surge should only be level 7. Vendor it with a GCP and level back to 7 and then stop there. Then Arcane Surge procs with every cast of Flame Dash vs every like 15 at level 20.

Pretty much up to you. Conductivity means more damage. Desecrate means corpses on bosses that don't have corpses so you can make use of VD leech. If you need more damage, use Conductivity.. otherwise use Desecrate for additional sustain.
Could anyone look at my character (KubaTorbus) and help me picking the right stuff to upgrade/change? I'm feeling kinda lost with all the setups different people have, I was semi-following the guide since the league start and now I'm not sure which way would be best for me to commit to. Thanks in advance <3
Thanks for answering
Yeah I already did look at your char at PoB, pretty much a few times my effective DPS.
I'll be on the lookout for a reasonable Shavronne's 6-L then and farm more currencies on the way. Just got a tranquility Chayula for 40C yesterday.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

"
WangJianWei wrote:
LL ES looks to have better damage for sure with all the extra auras.

Kaom's > 6L Loreweave this league, metas can be complete jerks and do really high damage with the right mods.

I am extremely biased, but yes LL Mines is very worth it. You lose dodge and the higher end gear can be fairly expensive, but you gain massive damage, block, chaos res, and high ES which means high ES regen. With fairly expensive gear, I'm at 9.6k ES and that equates to over 1k ES regen when I've detonated 10 mines recently, even more when recharge is active.

I don't know your experience with ES gear, but this was my first actual ES and it has been quite fun for me learning what qualifies as good ES gear. I switched and only had less than 7k ES and have been steadily improving since. Not following a guide, just adlibbing the whole thing and it has been working so far.

Get very comfortable with PoB and basically have 2 layouts, the HP variant you are using currently and then your switched over LL variant. You're welcome to copy my passive tree and adjust to fit your needs, but I recommend using your own gear and import it in so you can get an accurate picture of your ES before switching. And then when you find potential upgrades, copy the item in and see if it is an actual upgrade.

5 ex feels fairly low compared to how much I invested, but starter ES gear prices may have come down since? 6L Shav's is at like 2.5-3 ex and Tranquility Chayula is about an ex (less if you get Tranquility later).
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

I don't look at the weapon type, just that it has the stats I want on it. Let's breakdown my scepter that I picked up for 50c like 2 weeks ago:

+1 to Lightning: Upgrades 21 Arc to 22 for an additional 14-76 Lightning and 1% shock effect. Also does +1 to Herald of Thunder, Skitter, and Wrath (no impact at 22/23).. so adds a little bit more damage from the first 2.
56% spell damage - Okay, could be higher.
39% crit chance to spells - Good stat, bad roll. Crafted crit to spells is higher.
27% crit multi - Can go higher, equivalent to crafted crit multi.
4-111 Lightning to spells craft - Good.
The shaped supports don't matter to me, just mainly focusing on the 5 above.

Pretty much the only way I'll get better is to multimod something like +1 Lightning and Lightning/non-chaos as extra chaos. I basically had a search open for weeks and if I saw anything within budget, popped it into PoB and saw if it was a damage increase. The only stuff I saw that were an increase cost minimum 2-3 ex. Pretty much have given up on weapon upgrade this league, good enough for me. Might look again at some point just to see whats out there.. sitting on like 8 ex again and just got my first Hunter's Orb last night (5 ex?).

I want to test out 6L Tremor and an ES shield instead of Prism, but the way I built my gear relies entirely on Prism for the 37 all res and 30 dex. Might not touch it until I'm done with the league and just throwing away currency.

Yes, Arc is my only damage. Conductivity on Ring replaced my Storm Brand curse set-up and the VD on my CWDT is just for ES leech, not damage. All my other stuff is auras, Golem, Vaal RF/ARC for burst, and Vaal Discipline for situational ES regen. I don't like linking other people's content, but you can find plenty of videos of low life Arc mines in action and I can attest to damage increase and tankiness. I would be at 95 if I would stop goofing off at 90% exp :P. And it seems like LL is the natural choice for most higher end miners unless they switch to something else that is tankier.

Here is my LL PoB for those that are considering switching and understand the exalts it will cost to switch. I understand that not every mob is going to get the -9 res, not every mob is going to get full shocked, etc. Don't care, comparing it only to my own PoB with the same configurations, not to others. I do leave Vaal RF off though because I only use it for boss nuke.

https://pastebin.com/b6qhNALG

Thank you so much for the detailed reply.
May I ask how long does it usually take you to kill a boss with arc? I got excited when I saw your build because I've been meaning to do a toon with shield and looks like I don't have to try a completely new one.
"
cancelcnx wrote:
Could anyone look at my character (KubaTorbus) and help me picking the right stuff to upgrade/change? I'm feeling kinda lost with all the setups different people have, I was semi-following the guide since the league start and now I'm not sure which way would be best for me to commit to. Thanks in advance <3

I'd recommend switching to either Arc/BL only Tremor + Kaom's or if you have several exalts, LL Arc Mines. Both will be much tankier and the Atlas changes and metamorphs will require a bit more eHP in end-game.

Going to assume you will swap to Tremor + Kaom's as it is much cheaper than LL switch:
Try Minefield instead of Charged Mines in helm until you can swap to Tremor + Kaom's.
Different variations to go with Tremor, but usually something like 21 Vaal Arc (Vaal is powerful for Legion and gives Lucky Arc buff which is good for bosses), Minefield, Trap & DMG, Controlled Destruction, Inspiration/Added Light, Hypothermia, or some other combination. Don't remember the Ball set-up offhand, but I think it uses Added Lightning and Slower Proj as a higher priority.
Eventually better wands. Blight Spire has flat lightning to attacks, not to spells. Right wand is worse than that. My weapon is probably expensive to compare with, but putting 2 of them on your char added like 15-20% damage.
Replace Essence Worm with a rare ring with life, res, and dmg as needed. Look into a good Conductivity on hit ring if you can afford it. Going to need like 36 STR too if using Kaom's and leaving all other gear the same (or use Passives if too expensive). New auras will then be Skitterbots, Precision 1, and low level Clarity as needed.

Last change is passives from my own preferences:
Remove Mystic Bulwark and 2 points for Ancient Iridescence jewel past Pain Attunement, path 3 INT near Throatseeker to Prodigal. Then remove 3 points from that jewel to Deep Wisdom, 2 unneeded mana between Prodigal and Mystic, and the 1 for MoM. 6 points to play with, 9 if you take out 3 for Arcane Will. From there, take all but 1 of the missed HP nodes, 3 for Crackling speed, and a 30 STR + Sanctity for Kaom's if needed. 93 gets the last 5% HP and should put you over 6k HP depending on the rare ring life. With Sanctity that is 700+ life regen/sec with 10 mines detonated recently. You lose quite a bit of mana, MoM, and like 5-10% damage from the passive change, but gain a huge chunk of HP to better scale the Kaom's and life on gear with 152% inc life. You'll also have like 760 mana unreserved, so can change auras as desired. Higher Clarity, add Herald, do something with Enlighten 3 and Wrath/Zealotry, etc.

"
EggY0lky wrote:
May I ask how long does it usually take you to kill a boss with arc? I got excited when I saw your build because I've been meaning to do a toon with shield and looks like I don't have to try a completely new one.

Varies completely on map mods and metamorph mod parts. I've 1-shot several T16 metamorphs, and I've had to use like 3+ full sets of mines on some of the more juiced metamorphs. I should probably consider swapping in a High-Impact just for Conquerors, but not needed for rest of the content so far.
Hi,
have question,
1. if i use Arc with Elemental Focus and The Three Dragons helmet freez will don't apply?
2.Anyone can check and say what to change? I see low dmg again Sirus. Lose battle at last form ;(.
Last edited by maatii93 on Jan 22, 2020, 4:59:49 PM
"
maatii93 wrote:
Hi,
have question,
1. if i use Arc with Elemental Focus and The Three Dragons helmet freez will don't apply?
2.Anyone can check and say what to change? I see low dmg again Sirus. Lose battle at last form ;(.

Yes, Elemental Focus will block Three Dragons. One or the other, not both. I'd probably save/sell the Awakened Elemental Focus and just use Minefield.
Honestly not sure how Three Dragons works on Sirus as I figured he would be freeze immune. Maybe an Arc Damage enchant, Life, and - res helmet for bosses? Or could get a 21% Crown for more life and a bit less damage, but have to re-do some gear for res.

Lab enchant on boots. 120% crit chance adds like 8% damage to your DPS.
Better jewels. Foe Joe is basically life and throwing speed, not real damage.
Heavily overcapped on cold res, not sure which slot would be easier to upgrade and lose cold res. But will lose the all res when upgrading jewels.

Only other thing I can offer for the build is maybe a passive shuffle, but won't be a massive change. With Crown, you'd have like 6500 HP. Extra life, mana, similar DPS and swapping annoint to Counterweight gives you more damage. Could also try a different single target skill just for Sirus like Ball Lightning or Ice Spears?

After some of the changes:
https://pastebin.com/et2W52Vt

You may also consider low life Arc Mines, but will require some investment. I can help you with that if you want to make the change:
https://pastebin.com/T1TqD1Yz
Spoiler
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
cancelcnx wrote:

I'd recommend switching to either Arc/BL only Tremor + Kaom's or if you have several exalts, LL Arc Mines. Both will be much tankier and the Atlas changes and metamorphs will require a bit more eHP in end-game.

Going to assume you will swap to Tremor + Kaom's as it is much cheaper than LL switch:
Try Minefield instead of Charged Mines in helm until you can swap to Tremor + Kaom's.
Different variations to go with Tremor, but usually something like 21 Vaal Arc (Vaal is powerful for Legion and gives Lucky Arc buff which is good for bosses), Minefield, Trap & DMG, Controlled Destruction, Inspiration/Added Light, Hypothermia, or some other combination. Don't remember the Ball set-up offhand, but I think it uses Added Lightning and Slower Proj as a higher priority.
Eventually better wands. Blight Spire has flat lightning to attacks, not to spells. Right wand is worse than that. My weapon is probably expensive to compare with, but putting 2 of them on your char added like 15-20% damage.
Replace Essence Worm with a rare ring with life, res, and dmg as needed. Look into a good Conductivity on hit ring if you can afford it. Going to need like 36 STR too if using Kaom's and leaving all other gear the same (or use Passives if too expensive). New auras will then be Skitterbots, Precision 1, and low level Clarity as needed.

Last change is passives from my own preferences:
Remove Mystic Bulwark and 2 points for Ancient Iridescence jewel past Pain Attunement, path 3 INT near Throatseeker to Prodigal. Then remove 3 points from that jewel to Deep Wisdom, 2 unneeded mana between Prodigal and Mystic, and the 1 for MoM. 6 points to play with, 9 if you take out 3 for Arcane Will. From there, take all but 1 of the missed HP nodes, 3 for Crackling speed, and a 30 STR + Sanctity for Kaom's if needed. 93 gets the last 5% HP and should put you over 6k HP depending on the rare ring life. With Sanctity that is 700+ life regen/sec with 10 mines detonated recently. You lose quite a bit of mana, MoM, and like 5-10% damage from the passive change, but gain a huge chunk of HP to better scale the Kaom's and life on gear with 152% inc life. You'll also have like 760 mana unreserved, so can change auras as desired. Higher Clarity, add Herald, do something with Enlighten 3 and Wrath/Zealotry, etc.

"
EggY0lky wrote:

Varies completely on map mods and metamorph mod parts. I've 1-shot several T16 metamorphs, and I've had to use like 3+ full sets of mines on some of the more juiced metamorphs. I should probably consider swapping in a High-Impact just for Conquerors, but not needed for rest of the content so far.

Hey man, if I was to try to make the switch to an ES build, where should I begin? I’m kinda overwhelmed and discouraged at the moment because I spent a lot of time getting to this point only to realize it’s not going to cut it. Trying to optimize time spent and actually get somewhere and cut out the Kaoms/Tremor step. I can clear most tier 16s easy but I’ve been dying to some metamorphs and guardians like Minotaur and the like so it’s obvious something needs to be changed. Also I am on Xbox so certain things are nearly unobtainable like awakened supports don’t really exist and purchasing helmets with specific enchants just can’t be done.
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info