My main account has been hacked

I've tried to reach out to customer support. My account with username ssnodgrass1283 has been stolen. The hacker has changed my email address that I used so I can't log into it. Customer support told me to try and use the lost password tool which I already tried. I need help to get my account back asap. I've used that account since beta and have spent a lot of money and time on it. Please help!
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2018, 11:36:47 PM
You guys really need a better system for support. This email crap is out dated. I contacted support 3 hours ago and had 1 response within 30 minutes which is fine. What I don't like is the fact that In that response it said if you have any more issues please let us know and I responded over 9 times with different proofs that I'm the owner of the account and have yet to have a response 2 hours later. I'm extremely upset right now with how my situation is being handled.
imho there is no "lost password tool". you sure you got that from ggg support?

also, there is just a small support team at ggg handling customer support and accounting.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yes they said try this our "lost password tool" which is simply the lost your password option. It allows you to put in your email address to send you a new password. I tried all my emails that I have and all of them said the email doesn't exist. I also tried logging in with my saved credentials when you log into the game and it also said the email doesn't exist. This tells me someone changed my email address. Sucks because I started this account recovery process about 5 and a half hours ago.
14 hours later and my case hasn't been solved and I haven't heard anything from the customer support team in the past 5 hours. WTF IS GOING ON!
Hi there. I apologise for the delay in response. A member of our Support team will respond to your email as soon as possible.
Well first things first.
To change you account e-mail, then hacker needs access to both your GGG account AND your personal e-mail account. So you have been hacked both places, so I think you should start looking into this first.

Also, i hope you asked GGG to disable your account until this is resolved so the hacker can no longer use it.
However, GGG doesn't do any kinds of restores so you will properly have lost all your gear, currency and MTX's.

Last thing. Every time you send GGG an e-mail your place in the support queue is reset and you are being put in the back of the queue.

Good luck.
Yeah I mean I've been hacked before. I've had thousands of dollars taken out of my bank accounts and have had to tell the banks it was fraud. My paypals been hacked, my bank has been hacked, and now it looks like my poe account has been hacked. When you talk about the email queue if we have a string of emails that have like 20+ messages on them does that count as resetting? I've been using the same string of emails for communication for the past day and a half. What I care about the most right now is being able to use my account to play in private leagues that require an established account. Everything else is whatever to me honestly. With a new account I can't participate in things that I could participate with my account. I need my account back for this reason and this reason only. Thanks for taking time to look into this and give me some information though. I appreciate it.
Just a quick update my case is still unresolved. It has now been over a day and a half. Last email I received that actually helped me was a little over a day ago. Unacceptable imo.
I give up, let the hacker have my account. Bye path of exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info