[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
Sinnerrr wrote:
What can i do here ?

The "can have 3 crafted modifiers" mod along with the +100+% increased physical damage prefix. The other mod? Dunno.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
Last edited by Noble_Seiken on Nov 13, 2020, 6:57:46 PM
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
What can i do here ?

please tell me you bought that and didnt spend an awakener orb making it.
without flat phys or a high phys% roll prefix it can't be a good bleed bow.
remember the crafted flat phys and phys% are only equal to tier 4 with average rolls.

you can make it work with multimod + flat phys + phys % but it is far from ideal.

"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Swapped over to a mix of ev/armor from IR, as i found to be dieing a lot. Don't think i was as much previously. Though ev/phys reduction ins't all that high unless flasks are up, around 25% each.

i would suggest investing in a vuln on hit ring, that will free up 2 gem slots and let you get more defenses. I personally stopped using IR a long time ago, i felt as though i was just unable to fight properly when molten shell dropped off.

a big part of what let me drop IR was replica farruls for permanent max endurance stacks. with flasks 64% evade, 90% (capped) phys reduction, without flasks 56% evade, 49% phys reduc. only issue with farruls is you need an unset ring to put the aspect of the cat suffix on and an less duration gem into (i bought one with life+res+flatphys & an open prefix and suffix for elreon's + aspect)

my defensive links:

i have a 19/20 vaal MS in weapon swap that i will switch in when it hits 20, needs to be that level so CWDT doesnt activate it. CWDT can activate normal molten shell while vaal is active, removing the vaal buff which is obviously bad.

ring:
Last edited by Sillabaa on Nov 15, 2020, 2:57:57 AM
Ah nice, do guard skills share cooldowns? I am using steelskin on self cast right now. I thought about molten shell, but i don't have the armor to make it worth it over steelskin. I sold a watchers eye & transcendent jewel yesterday, so i have some currency to dig into aspect of the cat. Why is the reduced duration important?
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on Nov 14, 2020, 9:53:26 AM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Ah nice, do guard skills share cooldowns? I am using steelskin on self cast right now. I thought about molten shell, but i don't have the armor to make it worth it over steelskin. I sold a watchers eye & transcendent jewel yesterday, so i have some currency to dig into aspect of the cat. Why is the reduced duration important?

all guard skills share cooldowns but vaal version does not share nor put the others on cd. the reason i use these + a high leveled cwdt + steel is they are for different situations.

steelskin CWDT is for damage I dont anticipate, and has certainly saved me a number of times.

i use vaal MS for damage i anticipate, it only absorbs 35% but has a large buffer and very long duration. I pop flasks then Vaal MS just as boss phases start like for shaper after the maze, gives me a nice 20s buffer of a few thousand hp from the first damage i take in 18 or so seconds, usually only takes a few seconds for most bosses but things dont always go to plan. steelskin can kick in while vaal MS is up, it will remove the molten shell and replace it with steelskin 2k buffer, so my effective buffer to burst damage is quite high against bosses with this combination. i found that boss/blob burst damage was the most common cause of deaths and while grinding at 95+ i was tired of dying for obvious reasons.

i always prefer immortal call over steelskin for builds with high life regen but this build isn't really that so I go with the buffer. also with my endurance charge refresh from farruls being ~6 seconds, if immortal call occured 1s after the refresh, i would be without charges for 2 seconds which would make my resists way under cap. i may overcap resists so i dont rely on charges in future and switch to IC but that can wait till i hit 98 and can play about a bit.

dont spend money on aspect without already having farruls. you get aspect because of farruls. less duration is important so the aspects cycle before the charges drop off, giving you 100% charge uptime.

Last edited by Sillabaa on Nov 14, 2020, 12:39:03 PM
Looking for some advice on what to do with this bow. Haven't seen much about usefulness of Fire an Additional Arrow but know I lack the flat and % phys. Is this worth multi-modding both or just a reroll?

Hi, I'm currently looking for a (budget) chill tanky build to run contracts and grand heists.
How does this one perform in lvl 83 heists in regards to survivability and speed?
How much currency am I supposed to invest just to run those? (Don't care about 1-shotting bosses etc.)
What are the most important items that I should go for?

All of the above is regarding heists, not other content; if I see that I like the playstyle I'll fully upgrade the gear.

Thanks

p.m. I've seen you have you have a CA build, maybe that one is better for this purpose?
Last edited by Uyuhk on Nov 16, 2020, 12:18:34 PM
"
Looking for some advice on what to do with this bow. Haven't seen much about usefulness of Fire an Additional Arrow but know I lack the flat and % phys. Is this worth multi-modding both or just a reroll?

fire +1/2 arrow lets you fish for higher dmg rolls on puncture twice/three times as fast, it does not give more than 1% dps increase on AVERAGE, but youll get a high dps bleed earlier. only the highest dps bleed on an enemy deals damage at any point in time, check wiki bleed mechanics if you dont understand this.

its a meh bow because of lacking the mods you already mentioned, but if its your only/best bow then its worth crafting both at the cost of a few ex that you wont get a better bow for at least 4-5x that much in the current market. remember a max roll crafted stat is mid-roll tier 4. so a bow with t1 flat phys and elder bleed mod will do a LOT more dmg when multicrafted.

"
Uyuhk wrote:
Hi, I'm currently looking for a (budget) chill tanky build to run contracts and grand heists.
How does this one perform in lvl 83 heists in regards to survivability and speed?
How much currency am I supposed to invest just to run those? (Don't care about 1-shotting bosses etc.)
What are the most important items that I should go for?

All of the above is regarding heists, not other content; if I see that I like the playstyle I'll fully upgrade the gear.

Thanks

p.m. I've seen you have you have a CA build, maybe that one is better for this purpose?

bleed bow is not a build i would call tanky. it doesn't have enough defensive layers. check out any MoM build or big ES build maybe. I run heists on my carrion golem alt for ease and safety. heisting on bleedbow is just stressful lol
Last edited by Sillabaa on Nov 16, 2020, 12:47:09 PM
Thanks
Thank you to DankawSL for making this detailed guide. I had initially overlooked it because I was looking for a split arrow build. I ultimately decided to use SA as a personal preference. This has been a blast to play when I was able to invest in some of the min/max upgrades. I don't think I'd league start with it personally but that's just because I'm more of a minion (riding the golem bandwagon) guy. This build is very satisfying for mapping. As for bossing, I would need to practice this much more to tackle anything beyond a t16 conqueror and I have my other build to do that content anyway. I appreciate your thorough work to share the joy of this build with others.
I also want to thank Sillabaa. Your comments, insights, experience, and suggestions helped me to enhance the build even more. The poe.ninja leaderboards don't seem to be alligned with some of your strategy but roughly copying your build has taken my experience to a new level. Since I don't really boss with my patchwork version I am a big fan of your decision to switch away from Assailum. 2-4 quick puncture pot shots usually take down the boss rather quickly and I'm free to dodge, dip, and skedaddle as needed.
I have some questions about your current state.
Is it mostly designed with endgame bosses in mind? I see you're stacking a good amount of flat chaos resist (rather than exposure therapy). Is that intended to deal with Sirus and/or delirium maps?
I hadn't tried divergent clarity because you seemed unsure about it in a previous post. I see you're using it now and combining it with a mod that further reduces non-channeling skill mana cost (which I didn't even know was an option, but I'm not that well versed with watcher's eyes) I see you also picked up the life and mana leech node on the right side. I can't see how you allocated your cluster jewel points but I imagine you're still taking the fuel the fight notable on your large cluster on the left. In addition to these things you crafted the mana reduction twice. Is all of this necessary to consistently get the divergent clarity bonus? That seems like a significant investment. Is that choice primarily for bossing?
I was surprised to see the adjustment with intuitive leap for those couple extra notables and passive refunds on the connecting branches nearby. Was that choice aimed at gaining more damage instead of investing more in the usual life passives?
Currently I am currently quite content with mapping and delving with the version I'm using. The min/max monkey on my back makes me wonder if I should get a second compound injury/wasting affliction cluster or try to get a neck similar to yours (unfortunately my resists are a house of cards atm). I was just curious about your perspective since you clearly have spent a lot of time playing the build.
I apologize if I am asking too many questions or rambling but you two have really inspired me to learn more about this build. Thank you for all your help.
I know most builds are, but is this hh compatible or is coil that important to the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info