[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

This any good for bleed bow builds in general?
I'm playing a split arrow / puncture bleed gladiator as alt (main is Vortex / Cold Snap trickster) and it's really fun and satisfying to blow up packs with 1 or 2 split arrow hits. It clears a LOT faster than my Vortex char.
However, this does feel a lot squishier than my trickster. I'm at 5k life and not the best gear since it's my alt but I wonder what would be the fastest way to increase survivability. I mainly die in the delirium encounters which slow you and nuke you if you run into the wrong spot but still... for a gladiator it feels a bit too squishy. Or... is it just a matter of... offence is the best defense? I know that when I really focus on everything and keep moving very fast there are hardly any mobs touching me but for the rare occasions that you bump into a tough mob it's usually back to my hideout and try again.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm playing a split arrow / puncture bleed gladiator as alt (main is Vortex / Cold Snap trickster) and it's really fun and satisfying to blow up packs with 1 or 2 split arrow hits. It clears a LOT faster than my Vortex char.
However, this does feel a lot squishier than my trickster. I'm at 5k life and not the best gear since it's my alt but I wonder what would be the fastest way to increase survivability. I mainly die in the delirium encounters which slow you and nuke you if you run into the wrong spot but still... for a gladiator it feels a bit too squishy. Or... is it just a matter of... offence is the best defense? I know that when I really focus on everything and keep moving very fast there are hardly any mobs touching me but for the rare occasions that you bump into a tough mob it's usually back to my hideout and try again.

Yes, this really is a sort of offence is the best defense type of build. The only defensive layer is the dodge chance and life pool (really requires 6k+ life to start tanking stuff). Anything else requires you to position yourself correctly and manually dodge the attacks.
Bow #2 turned out to be better than the first try - now I‘m going for absolute high-end with the next craft:

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

I've got the IR/left side/split build and what I've done is "more offence" and "okay defence":

Assailum (which is useless 95% of the time BUT the real boss encounters are better I believe (Sirius, minotaur etc) because delirious bosses are literally crowded with other mobs and it's totally useless, at least Im not going to stand knee deep in shit at that moment.

6L Lioneye ARMOR, which gives me usually 1shot clears that are utterly satisfying ("7link" is usually good for red map bosses too). I do have to get res on my gear and/or passives though and can't have %life armor mod/craft. Still I have 15k armor, WITHOUT flasks that's roughly 65% mitigation or so.

I use Rumi as armor char for bit block but might change to dodge flask, I have spell dodge enchant on boots as well.

Chaos res is yet another nuisance, I got 40% (70% dot res) and it feels good enough, albeit 85% with the juwel might be a thing to shoot for as well...

ign PhysicalActivity
"
wildjesus wrote:

I've got the IR/left side/split build and what I've done is "more offence" and "okay defence":

Assailum (which is useless 95% of the time BUT the real boss encounters are better I believe (Sirius, minotaur etc) because delirious bosses are literally crowded with other mobs and it's totally useless, at least Im not going to stand knee deep in shit at that moment.

6L Lioneye ARMOR, which gives me usually 1shot clears that are utterly satisfying ("7link" is usually good for red map bosses too). I do have to get res on my gear and/or passives though and can't have %life armor mod/craft. Still I have 15k armor, WITHOUT flasks that's roughly 65% mitigation or so.

I use Rumi as armor char for bit block but might change to dodge flask, I have spell dodge enchant on boots as well.

Chaos res is yet another nuisance, I got 40% (70% dot res) and it feels good enough, albeit 85% with the juwel might be a thing to shoot for as well...

This league you can hit 90% res. There is a small cluster jewel passive that gives +3% max and you can get +2% on your quiver. 90% chaos res is nothing to scoff at for an end game set up. I also have an additional 25%phys as chaos from chest and helm. Makes for a very tanky character.

First of all - it's great build and i relay enjoyed by game play.
But maybe somebody can give some hints how to improve damage?https://pastebin.com/WC82arym

thank you in advance
Could someone explain "(40-30)% less Minimum Physical Attack Damage" to me? From what I understand "Minimum Physical Attack Damage" is the lower end of the range of "Physical Attack Damage". As even the minimum is still a positive number, I assume that a belt having 30% less is the best to have right?
"
TheOne320 wrote:
Could someone explain "(40-30)% less Minimum Physical Attack Damage" to me? From what I understand "Minimum Physical Attack Damage" is the lower end of the range of "Physical Attack Damage". As even the minimum is still a positive number, I assume that a belt having 30% less is the best to have right?

Yes, you want a roll closer to 30 for the less min physical attack damage affix on ryslatha's coil. With a smaller number you're decreasing your min attack by less, if that makes sense.

Attack catalysts also modify these affixes on ryslatha's coil so throw 20 of those on after you get a good roll. It'll make the min roll larger but it also makes the max roll larger as well so it's worth it.
Damn it sucks to see this thread this dead...
As much as I love this character, im not really sure what else to do with it without changing the entire setup so im considering that.

Has anyone really min/maxed this build this league?
The build that was supposed to be next didnt work out and ive sold of most of the gear for a healthy profit..

I have a boss killer char and just want the fastest mapper I can find.
This cleared faster than the coc ice nova thing i tried with nearly a mirrors worth of gear on so im wondering if theres a tankier super min/max version anyone has done. Would really like to farm some super juiced maps which this char just isnt quite tough enough for.

I suppose the only other obvious option is just to throw a HH on this bad boy and call it a day?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info