Any computer pros here?

Just a friendly reminder to not use batteries forcefully harvested by some cheap dude that got damaged in the process from a laptop for vaping.

Safe your face and pay 7,95 euros more for a newly isolated one.
Things can go boom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
Just a friendly reminder to not use batteries forcefully harvested by some cheap dude that got damaged in the process from a laptop for vaping.

Safe your face and pay 7,95 euros more for a newly isolated one.
Things can go boom.

Very true - I'm gonna be buying two pairs of 18650s to replace my original two sets shortly.

Batteries are definitely not the thing you want to skimp on given that you're essentially shorting batteries next to your face.
Yep, totally over league play.
Uh , yeah,

forgot to mention:
saved 2500 Euros on cigarettes per year just to blow 14 Euros up on expenses.
Feels like washing condom buisness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Nov 10, 2018, 12:30:22 PM
When I first started vaping I was definitely spending more than when I smoked.

Thankfully rolling my own non fancy coils has reduced things to most of the cost being juice, with the occasional splurge on mod and accessories. I do think its funny that the recurring juice cost wasn't as intimidating as the hardware, as I'm well in a few hundred spent on juice by now, at least 3-5 times what I initially spent on the setup.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
Yeah if that's the case I'd definitely go that route.

Also, to potentially improve battery life, I'd suggest trying to charge it more frequently - not to the point of charging it a minute between uses, but more along the lines of letting it charge a bit after use when there's some down time before the next time you need it.

The old nickel batteries got people into the habit of using until drained and then not using until fully charged again.

With the lithium ion, you basically want to avoid draining it too far (charge it before its too low to use) and charge it more frequently.

When I was researching batteries, the graphs about lifespan showed that the heavier the drain on the battery the shorter it would function at full capacity.

When you start paying over $2,000 for a Lithium Ion battery, and have to buy a couple hundred at that price each year, you don't mess around with them. Run them down to about 15-25% then charge them fully.

The ideal situation is running a battery down to 20% and then swapping it for a fully charged battery that has had time to cool down after charging -but circumstances and devices don't always make that possible.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

When you start paying over $2,000 for a Lithium Ion battery, and have to buy a couple hundred at that price each year, you don't mess around with them. Run them down to about 15-25% then charge them fully.

The ideal situation is running a battery down to 20% and then swapping it for a fully charged battery that has had time to cool down after charging -but circumstances and devices don't always make that possible.

I gotta ask, what application necessitates that type of investment?

I'm guessing something industrial?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info