Lost ark people.

ya half of the problem in the world is people judging other cultures and others standards by their own.

western markets do not like p2w but eastern markets do. we say its bad. they probably say our games are bad because they don't feature them.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
These games will typically seem free to play but the drop rates, crafting success rates and exp rates will be so fucking painfully low that to play the game 'properly' you simply need to pay. It's fucking atrocious but it still happens. And I'm willing to bet Lost Ark will have some form of this.

"Don't you guys have money?"

I even question why friends of mine pay 60$+ for new games that they will play around 30 hours max, before they dump another 90$ in for add-ons.

Or why do we have to buy a crazy new rig every 2 or 3 years to play games "like they are supposed to play?" Loading times painfully low? - Well get a SSD.

Atrocious? I dont know. You want that better gaming experience right? Whatever constitutes that? Just blends right in with how this world works nowadays. Coming from the old days where you would pick up a CD at the store it is kind of hard to adapt.

Back then I would count as a nerd of some sort. Nowaday the market is properly intergrated into the corporate system. Especially the mobile sector where people can make millions with a "shitty" minigame seems super crazy to me.

A lot of old-timers find themself on the other side of the fence. From underground and progressive to very conservative and: "You remember ....? Those wehre they days."

I find it very conclusive when so called nostalgic "veterans" complain about how corporations take their "culture" (whatever that means) from them.

Getting old....
Well yeah that happens a lot to me...

You were responding to the post of mustard and probably answered more to the second phrase.

"
These games will typically seem free to play but the drop rates, crafting success rates and exp rates will be so fucking painfully low that to play the game 'properly' you simply need to pay. It's fucking atrocious but it still happens. And I'm willing to bet Lost Ark will have some form of this.

I extracted that you have a problem with how f2p is interpreted by certain publishers. You even find it "atrocious" what corresponds with the first part of mustards post.

What i wanted to say is that f2p is something like a floating signifier. Then i was taking the extreme stance of: you need a rig to play path of exile. And if you wan to skip the "painfully slow" loading times you need to invest into a SSD. That's fine because in our interpretation of f2p those costs are already taken into account. For others p2w items in f2p games are taken into account.

It is very contingent and newer non-eurocentric interpretations are alienating older players (from the west).
I didn't voice an oppinion about f2p except that it is a contigent and floating signifier. I was taking the stance of a advocatus diaboli to illustrate my point.

Personally as i have been socialiced with similar games as you we probably have a immense overlap in our definition.

I was just trying to deconstruct your seemingly objective definition of f2p
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Fair enough. Do you think you succeeded? :)

If my goal would have been to persuade you - well, your question was merely rethorical in nature.

Let's say i just responded to your post and everybody can judge my "sucess" for him or herself ;)
"

and they thought this game would match poe.
omg im rolling my ass off laughing at this game's graphics.
this game looks worse than diablo immortal :D

''ggg should do something about lost ark. its gonna steal the playerbase''

hahaha i pity the playerbase of games like these..
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info