Announcing Private Leagues

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Well that's...quite a surprise. You finally did it.

To not take advantage of the void league feature to make 'easier' options was a mistake imo. I have absolutely no interest in making this game harder. There you go appealing to the niche again.

edit: then again, I get why you couldn't do it. Streamers have the funds to run these leagues, and if they ran 'easier' ones, viewers would most definitely cry 'pay to win', even if said league never went near the competitive ones. Eh, just one angle that proves this is a bad idea.

Oh well, I only have 1 GGGold left anyway.

Funds to run it ? it will cost few hundred points to last a league..that's pocket money..that arent asking for obscure amounts...and youren ot forced to do anything.
They simply adds the option to those who want a more challenging league..be happy that they arent pulling a "blizzard wow" and make the game more easy :)

Pocket money for some, significant money for others. Don't assume the value of GGGold is the same across the board. And since you're kinda new going by your join date, you might want to look up what my title signifies. I'm the last person you need or want to go all WhiteKnightMode on. I was certainly making posts about this planned custom league idea years before you arrived. I was also the first in line to host one, at least back in 2012-13. Things have changed a lot since then, and I believe PoE as it stands now just isn't going to benefit much from this. I'm glad TencentGGG finally did it, but see my signature. It pretty much encapsulates how I feel.

BTW I'm figuring English might not be your first language going by your post, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you're coming across very aggressively. Please show some restraint. I have no interest in your beast -- asleep, awakened or otherwise. Thank you. :)

Commenting on the way i write?.
That's just immature. Stick to the topic, thanks.

You clicked register before i did..doesn't mean you know any more about the game than i do..so please get off your high horse. :)

GGG, you poor thing. Everybody loves you, everybody! But still, you keep getting so much hate after each announcement. And people still loves you after that! And still giving you hate after...
Smile! <3
"
carkasjak wrote:
This pricing scheme is just beyond obscene. No thanks.

^This was my initial reaction. After having had some time to think about it, I'd like to provide some more constructive feedback.

My main concerns are:

Pricing Scheme:
After having spent literally thousands of dollars on this game I don't want to ever pay a "subscription fee" or use points on any kind of consumable mtx(skin transfer). I will only spend money on the game if what I get in return is something permanent(or at least until the game servers inevitably shut down in the distant future). I'd be willing to pay a larger, but ONE-TIME sum to permanently unlock 1 private league slot on my account, allowing me to edit it, start it and end it any time I choose. I don't mind having to pay for additional player slots for the league, though.

Duration of the league:
10 days is really not enough time for me to get anything done. 2 months is better, but still too short. I was hoping to be able to do long term leagues, across multiple temporary leagues, giving me time to do SSF, engage with league mechanics, but not lose my progress when the league ends. Essentially like Standard league, but with the mechanics of whichever league is running at the time, and the ability to complete challenges.

Only "challenge" mods, no fun mods:
I don't understand GGG's obsession with the Standard League economy. It's already broken beyond recognition, so why even bother? When I fantasized about custom leagues in the past I thought we'd have the ability to add multiple FUN league mods to our leagues, like permanent Beyond. You could restrict those to be unable to migrate to the temporary leagues to preserve those economies, and just feed them into Standard league which is silly to care about anyway. Hell, you could even prevent migration altogether, essentially making it a Voided league.

"
Philosophically, it's important to us that Private Leagues don't make the game easier. That's what special events like Flashback, Turmoil and Mayhem are for. We'll continue to run special events like these in the future.

Why is that important? I don't see the harm in allowing players to run customized leagues that have their favorite league mods. Flashback, Turmoil and Mayhem are all too short for me to get anything meaningful done before the leagues end.

In summary, I don't think I'll use private leagues in their current form. A lot of the challenging league mechanics you could just do on a regular league using the honor system with your trusted friends if you wanted to anyway.

This is essentially like paying a fee to enter an esports tournament that has no prizes.
Last edited by carkasjak on Nov 5, 2018, 11:46:30 AM
How do player slots work... unlimited characters per player slot? Play HC, die as many times as you want with your slot?

Are invites on a per-account basis?

Will you have private leagues on mobile?
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
After reading through the comments, I have to retract my previous comment. I think the price is justified. As we can see, not a lot of people agree to the price, which is actually a good thing because fewer people having a private league means more people in all the other league. They're meant for some sort of a challenge or a small private server for whatever purpose that's suited for a niche. I think GGG will implement this regardless of most people 'disagreeing' with it, which for me, makes sense.

Also, this is not a cash grab. It is not for everybody and you don't get any benefits from having a private league other than more * material for masochist kink.

I kinda feel bad because it's a bad timing that is out of control. Who would have thought Activision Blizzard would mess up this badly. Most of the frustrations then carried over to many other fields, related or not.

Other than that, I'm still excited to see what the new league mechanic would be. Hopefully, Delve gets carried over to Standard, it's a really good mechanic.

Cheers.
lol stash tabs are already pay to win so it has always been in the game why u mad now about this
"
morbeis wrote:
"
Rafe13 wrote:

Slow clap for Tencent's GGG.

Slow clap for people who don't realise this was a design goal from the very beginning.

-Morbeis

sure thing! they planned to monetize it from the very beginning - not! this clearly is Tencent's GGG.
all the fanboys who pick on anyone who says they don't like this "innovation" don't understand that it's less about the private leagues and more about having to pay for them.
How nice of you to dedicate time and money on a rather complex feature to, like, 3% or so of your playerbase!
"
dens_poe wrote:
"
morbeis wrote:
"
Rafe13 wrote:

Slow clap for Tencent's GGG.

Slow clap for people who don't realise this was a design goal from the very beginning.

-Morbeis

sure thing! they planned to monetize it from the very beginning - not! this clearly is Tencent's GGG.
all the fanboys who pick on anyone who says they don't like this "innovation" don't understand that it's less about the private leagues and more about having to pay for them.

They did plan to monetize from the very beginning, that's the point.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101126015453/http://pathofexile.com/leagues/

"
Paid Leagues
In addition, we plan to allow guilds or groups of players to pay for the creation of their own league with a choice of game rule modifiers. Only players invited by the people who paid for the league can create characters in these private leagues. This option helps cater towards any groups of players who want to play online together but don’t want their playgroup to have access to items traded from external players.

That clear enough ? That's 8 years old, which i think is pre-Tencent ?

-Morbeis
Well, I don't like it soo much. The problem with this game is the almost "single player" style. I'll be glad if GGG work on multiplayer, but this new mode now is a bit predictable... The standard will be completely empty now and the season league system wouldn't exist anymore.

I'm almost sure that this reply will be ignored or even seen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info