700 DPS Chaos-Ele-Phys Axe (5x tier 1 mods) - Need advice on what I can do with it

Tala moana,

so today I was crafting Shaped Fleshrippers in Standard. Then I got this:

That is the weirdest combination of Tier 1 mods I have seen so far.
And I dont know what to do with it.

Like if there is any builds that this fits in that also dont burn my PC.
Or if anybody would actually be interested in something like that.

Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Nov 15, 2018, 6:14:53 PM
sell it to demi, he'll claim that it's #1 chaos fleshripper, rip you off, and
3-4 guys will get mirror service from him regardless what mods the item has.

win-win.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Thanks for the tip.

Actually I am not very interested in keeping things in stashes.
So if there was no build I can use it in, I am happy to find someone who likes to keep things in stashes.

Just do not know how to find/contact someone like that.
Shall I just put the item up for sale - for like 1 ex maybe or shall I contact someone directly?

Do not even know when I should feel ripped off.
Like it is definitely a unique set of mods - kind of a unique unique with the downside being the low damage in many scenarios.
Probably would also be a cool theorycrafting challenge to find a/THE build for that.

But I really cannot think of anything where this is at least one of the better items for. That is why I really do not know how to "price" that.
make a build with best unique 2H axe in the game with perfect items, free your imagination those items should be as good as they can get.(use path of building for making such build simulations)

then make a build with this axe, using also perfect items.

both builds should have 7k+ life. so consider that too.

compare both, if yours is slightly better(dpswise, survivability and utilities), congrats your axe is worth slightly more than that unique axe.

If your axe is significantlyy better, then compare it with the best mirrored 2H axe in the game and find the price range from that comparison.

This is how we do. Experienced players know what numbers builds can reach with different weapons. We asses an item's value from doing such numerical comparisons.

so, in short, compare it with an unique item item most familiar to your item, if yours is better then check rolls, see how many T1's you have and compare it to mmirror service weapons.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Nov 4, 2018, 4:20:12 PM
Thanks for your answer again.

Actually I can not think of any build that utilizes all those damage types.

The crit implicit + cold + lightning is nice for shock, freeze and chill,
but youre still "losing" a great portion of the damage to chaos/phys.

For example every flask is better when dealing less different kinds (phys, ele, cold) of damage and there is almost nothing that is better the more kinds of damage you do to compensate for that. There is just no:

-Gain % of your generic damage as Extra ... (because the damage calc engine of poe is not capable of that)

-Damage penetrates Armour + Ele Res + Chaos Res

-Deal % more generic damage per damage type dealing at least % of your damage

Which is why I do not think you can value the item the way you suggested (or if I would do that it is pretty clear that there is always a better, under 1 ex weapon, so I could just reroll the base).
As I mentioned I think the "value" might be that it is really unique and "looks cool" due to all the tier 1s. But from there on I do not have any idea of what to do with something like that.
"
Actually I can not think of any build that utilizes all those damage types.

That's true. That's the problem with chaos damage weapons. There is no good damage scaling utilities in the game yet for that type of weapon. I wanted you to admit / figure out this from your experiences.

I'd keep it in my stash. Getting currency even from simple farming is easy nowadays.
Last edited by Rupenus on Nov 4, 2018, 6:31:27 PM
Thanks for that explanation.

As I said I am not a fan of keeping things in stashes.
So do you think I should reroll it and use it at least as a crafting base or shall I try selling it to someone else?
axe nodes aren't close to elemental damage% passives on tree, same for penetration. Axe passives do not increase melee damage done with axes overall but only phys damage with axes. i doubt anyone would ever be intersted in this axe. It deals also split damage, bosses has 40% chaos resistance and there is no chaos damage penetration in the game. There are no passives which buffs both lghtning damage and chaos damage at the same time either. Be surprised if you can sell this for 10c. Even that sounds like a miracle to me.
Last edited by Rupenus on Nov 4, 2018, 10:25:18 PM
Thanks you very much for all that information, sir.

Due to the issue with the axe nodes I also think that the only way of scaling the damage at least somewhat ok-ish with passives is via projectile damage (spectral throw), crit multi or jewels.
That's so awesome you really should do something with it.

How about taking Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command and scaling minion damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info