{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

If your using holy relic theres no point of having a taunt jewel right?

Which is more important?
@ JamDrum:
"
JamDrum wrote:
Hi. Love the guide, but I have a question. How important is it that the weapon I use be a claw? Right now I can't find any affordable claws or even one-handed swords with +1 to level of socketed gems and maim, but there are a few maces within my price range. Should I just go with a mace? Right now I'm using the claw unique The Scourge. Thanks.

Any one-handed melee weapon is fine. We go with claw because flat life (and mana w/ Gemini) gained on hit is the best implicit for us, and base attack speed is solid.

@ Vexorr:
"
Vexorr wrote:
If your using holy relic theres no point of having a taunt jewel right?

Which is more important?

It's local to the gem. From page 42:
"
Hercanic wrote:
"
How is chance to Taunt supposed to work with Holy Relic active?
Are they 2 different things?
It only affects the Holy Relic itself. Raging Spirits and Agony Crawler have it too.

It would say, "Your Minions Cannot Taunt" if it applied to all minions.

@ Cherub_Ultima:
"
Cherub_Ultima wrote:
Hi there
First I have to say thank you for this amazing build, it's really fun to play and the guide looks just amazing.
I'm at lvl 90 right now and can do T14 maps without problems (didn't found higher maps so far).
But I have a problem with syndicate in high maps, get one shotted nearly every time I encounter Fortification on a T12+ map.
Could you please look over my gear (and maybe skilltree as well) and tell me how to improve my build?

You have no movement speed on your boots. This hurts your ability to dodge and move around with your illusion quickly.

Your Cold Resistance is 59%. I see you're using Commander of Darkness to make up the difference. Since you are not using Generosity on Hatred (so you can benefit from CoD) and have not taken EE (so Charged Dash doesn't buff enemy cold resistance due to Hatred applying to you; your ring also adds cold damage; your weapon and gloves add cold/fire to attacks), you're losing quite a bit of damage. Slower clear means harder Syndicate fights.

On that note, without either GMP or Faster Projectiles, the coverage of your Spectres and Phantasms is very restricted. Since you're not using Projectile Weakness, your Spectres and Agony Crawler do not have Pierce.

It That Fled deals a lot of Physical Spell Damage, so more Physical Damage Reduction would help, such as from a Granite/Basalt Flask, Chaos Golem, and/or Endurance Charges. The Grave Intentions cluster would give another 2% with Flesh Binder. +1 Zombies can be crafted on helmet and body armor, too.

Tora, another player-killer Syndicate boss, deals a lot of Physical and Chaos Damage, too. You can counter the Chaos Damage with more Chaos Resistance on gear, an Amethyst Flask, and the Arakaali and Shakari Pantheon gods.

You shouldn't need Practical Application on the passive tree. You've got 22 DEX on your amulet and 71 STR on your belt. You only need 155 DEX (159 w/ lvl21 Crawler) and STR can go as low as 111. Anything over 111 is just for Shield Charge's level. You're at 186 DEX and 217 STR.

I strongly doubt the stun protection of Practical Application applies to Cast While Channeling, since it's the gem that's casting rather than You. I could be wrong, but, even if so, stun isn't such a huge deal for us to spend 2 points on a bit of chance.

You want the Devotion and Herbalism life clusters before jewel sockets. You'll also get 20 DEX and 30 STR from them. You can drop the Cataclysm Solace jewel.

Why did you take the Projectile Damage jewel socket next to Acrobatics when the one south to it is the same amount of points, gives you DEX, and brings you closer to Herbalism?

A weapon without so many support affixes would save you those three points of reduced reservation, which could then become a jewel socket or 300 life in life nodes.

Your 1976 flat life is pretty good. You could get another 100+ on a better helmet and 100+ with a better ring, gloves, and belt. 200 flat life would boost your total life by ~600.

Your 182% life is low for wearing Belly of the Beast (only 133% from tree). This is mainly because you haven't taken Devotion and Herbalism. 40% additional life will boost your total life by ~800.

You can easily raise your life by another 1k, and 7k total life is within reach. This will help quite a bit.

A Quartz Flask would be better than a Jade Flask, as it stacks additively with Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. Dodge is like Elemental Resistances. Each point becomes worth more protection the closer you get to 100%. Also note that Evasion does not protect against Spells, unlike Spell Dodge.
Last edited by Hercanic on Dec 31, 2018, 3:09:11 PM
Hi Hercanic, can you please have a quick look at my gear and let me know if I am going wrong anywhere with items / gems.

Also, I have been putting some additional points into life as I occasionally get stomped by Syndicate (only thing giving me problems really). Not sure if I should focus on more life or chaos resist or go down Grave Intentions (+2 zombies).

Thanks!

Last edited by Hastur8 on Dec 31, 2018, 5:37:43 PM
I haven't found room for Porjectile Weakness, how much is that affecting me, my helm adds 40% dmg to spectres.

I have desecrate lvl 20 on a 1h swap. My spectres seem to never die, almost never. THe only time i lose them is if i mess up and move my chest piece or something. So for lvl 83 spetres, I can just open a t16 map, cast desecrate a few times and summon my frost sentinels and solar guard?

I managed to solo all the t16 bosses last night, that was awesome, minimal deaths.
Last edited by Chicosuave on Dec 31, 2018, 6:48:23 PM
"
Chicosuave wrote:
I haven't found room for Porjectile Weakness, how much is that affecting me

Projectile Weakness is both a massive offensive and defensive buff.

Offensive -- A cursed mob takes increased damage from the projectiles your spectres and phantasms cast. The projectiles pierce so that all enemies in the pack take damage. This makes the whole pack go splodey at the same time.

Defensive -- A cursed mob has a 25-44% chance to be knocked back. Your Ball Lightning does projectile damage. Lots and lots of little bursts every second. So rather than attacking you, it is going to be knocked back. I consider Projectile Weakness a better curse than Temporal Chains for clearing.

The curse allows a playstyle where you shield charge or phase into a pack and immediately kick off your ball lightning. If your minions do enough damage, they will explode the pack before any of them get a hit on you.
Thanks for a great guide! This is a work of art. Easily the most fun I've had over the years playing poe (since the start of beta). Getting used to charged dash is gonna be a challenge but I will try and follow your advice... or die tryin
You've been an amazing help!

Any chance you could take a look at my gear? I'm clearing things fine so far but always love pushing a build further.

Any suggestion on item upgrades to get?

I know my flask are junk, and I could get a higher empower and better helm with +3

In search of a new claw as well with the better implicit. Didn't realize the faceted fossils were like an ex each x.x

And of course still leveling my gems as well. Most are already 20% so figured I'd level them myself.

Also I think I read in your guide before but can't find it that you can go flesh binder or puppet master? Which do you prefer and why?

Do I need more minion resist on my jewels? I looked on POB and when I select the frost spectre in there it says it already has 75% res to everything.

EDIT:
Also does this claw work? It has adds cold dmg bu no sure if it applies to my lightning ball.
Last edited by Vexorr on Jan 2, 2019, 9:42:22 AM
I forgot to level an extra gem of my main gems to level 20. So I prefer not to vendor 1 prismcutter + level 20 as that would require me to re-level them to 20.

I was thinking about raising the quality to 20% by just spamming 20 prisms on it.

Which gem should I raise to 20% quality first?
Having a great time with this build, its all coming together nicely after your help. Just killed the main T15 map bosses no problem. Only died twice between all 5 maps. My zombies die a lot but thats because I cant find a claw that gives life on hit, maim, and +1 to socketed jewels. I am not totally sure of the priority. Should I make +1 to socketed gems a priority over one of the other two? It does seem my ability to survive has increased since getting the health on hit gloves. My first instinct is the Life on hit and maim > +1 to socketed gems. I do have a lvl 2 empower on my weapon w/ the zombie gem. Currently at 6000 HP and all resistances are maxed.

Things next on my shopping list
Replace 6 link rare chest piece with belly of the beast
Get boots with +1 spectre
Change out some jewels
Get better gloves.

GREAT BUILD
"
Vexorr wrote:
You've been an amazing help!

Any chance you could take a look at my gear? I'm clearing things fine so far but always love pushing a build further.

Any suggestion on item upgrades to get?

I know my flask are junk, and I could get a higher empower and better helm with +3

In search of a new claw as well with the better implicit. Didn't realize the faceted fossils were like an ex each x.x

And of course still leveling my gems as well. Most are already 20% so figured I'd level them myself.

Also I think I read in your guide before but can't find it that you can go flesh binder or puppet master? Which do you prefer and why?

Do I need more minion resist on my jewels? I looked on POB and when I select the frost spectre in there it says it already has 75% res to everything.

EDIT:
Also does this claw work? It has adds cold dmg bu no sure if it applies to my lightning ball.

How did you find that claw ?? I cant ever find one. How much did it cost yoU??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info