For Those Who Are Considerably More Experienced ....

Mana problems - can use rallying cry, also gives a bit of extra damage
I guess you are talking about your Reign__Of__Death Deadeye?

Well I don´t know where to start. The easiest way is looking for similar builds on the forum (character section) and get an inspiration there about the tree and gear.

Just in short …

- You have taken too many minor damage nodes and ignored life nodes

- You should have minimum of 4-4.5k+ life on the current level (5k++ better) and 75 all elemental resistances (can pass chaos for now).

- Rangers (archers) are usually build around high evasion and dodge than armor.

Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics are too good passives to pass them.

- I haven´t noticed any source of life leech and mana leech tu sustain life and mana.

- Your gear should be replaced rather sooner or later.

You should get better weapon as fast as possible. The weapon you´re using is meant for specific balista build.
You are in the trade league so it shouldn´t be a problem.

You should be looking for gear with both good life and resistances
Boots should have movement speed (20-30), rings/amulets some damage besides life/res

Flasks are also important in this game.

Players usually wear 1-2 life flask with instant recovery and some utility or specific unique flasks (anti bleed and anti freeze flask are must have).
"
Rakiii wrote:
I guess you are talking about your Reign__Of__Death Deadeye?

Well I don´t know where to start. The easiest way is looking for similar builds on the forum (character section) and get an inspiration there about the tree and gear.

Just in short …

- You have taken too many minor damage nodes and ignored life nodes

- You should have minimum of 4-4.5k+ life on the current level (5k++ better) and 75 all elemental resistances (can pass chaos for now).

- Rangers (archers) are usually build around high evasion and dodge than armor.

Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics are too good passives to pass them.

- I haven´t noticed any source of life leech and mana leech tu sustain life and mana.

- Your gear should be replaced rather sooner or later.

You should get better weapon as fast as possible. The weapon you´re using is meant for specific balista build.
You are in the trade league so it shouldn´t be a problem.

You should be looking for gear with both good life and resistances
Boots should have movement speed (20-30), rings/amulets some damage besides life/res

Flasks are also important in this game.

Players usually wear 1-2 life flask with instant recovery and some utility or specific unique flasks (anti bleed and anti freeze flask are must have).

The Life Nodes are my next targets. I didn't take the Leeches, as I too Life Gain on Hit (which works great with RoA) I know it's a bit unconventional for a Ranger to go armor, but I found that to be a bit better than strict evasion. Tried that with a Rogue and just didn't get very far.

I honestly HATE trading, plus I don't have much c built up (getting VERY few drops this league! :( ) And NO Ex at all! :(

I keep trying to roll better gear, (astral Plate & Glorious Plate, plus Titan Boots/Gauntlets), but nothing come better than what I have.
"

I keep trying to roll better gear, (astral Plate & Glorious Plate, plus Titan Boots/Gauntlets), but nothing come better than what I have.

Thats fine as long as you do understand what you are doing.

Rolling strength based items means you´ll have a harder time to roll the right socket colors for dex builds.
Its not impossible but expensive if you dont know about workarounds to make it happen. You could easily waste a few hundred chromatics on rolling 4 offcolors on an astral plate - if 4 offcolors is good enough for your build.
Might as well be 5 or 6 offcolors and thats going to be a nightmare.

Just saying :)
Last edited by Orbaal on Oct 23, 2018, 9:22:21 AM
"
Orbaal wrote:
"

Rolling strength based items means you´ll have a harder time to roll the right socket colors for dex builds.
Its not impossible but expensive if you dont know about workarounds to make it happen. You could easily waste a few hundred chromatics on rolling 4 offcolors on an astral plate - if 4 offcolors is good enough for your build.

Yes, I know about off colors - and I actually had success on the new helmet - yeah, cost me about 100 Chroms, lol :)

I didn't go with the evasion armor (even though I have some good uniques for it), because you still, basically, get 1-shotted when you're hit - more often that otherwise I mean ;)
"
Orbaal wrote:
"

Yes, I know about off colors - and I actually had success on the new helmet - yeah, cost me about 100 Chroms, lol :)

I didn't go with the evasion armor (even though I have some good uniques for it), because you still, basically, get 1-shotted when you're hit - more often that otherwise I mean ;)
Im sorry, but this is not a build at all. It looks like some random combination of random items, gems and passives..

It is basically what Rakii said. Follow his advice and you should improve by a lot

Insufficient HP and uncapped ele resists (this is the must even for glass cannons)

low damage caused by inappropriate weapon, incompatible and inefficient support gems. you should choose your main skill and support it properly. other slots should be mainly for utility skills and buffs. (for example, blink arrow should be linked with faster attacks and ideally also with faster projectiles).. and pleas, get a real weapon.

Recovery: why to waste a support gem slot on life on hit when you can get leech for just few points.. similarly, why to waste two (!!!) flask slots for mana flasks when one point in mana leech is all you should need.. etc

mitigation and hit avoidance are non-existent. Armour is a bad choice for Bows unless you play at close range. And you also have only tiny little bit of it. Also, no amount of it can compensate for low HP. You probably dont realize how armor works. It works well against small hits, but it is weak against big ones. And you fight at distance. Trash mobs should die before being able to hit you with their small hits.. Go with evasion, dodge and movement speed (so you can kite effectively).

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 23, 2018, 12:19:01 PM
I don't trade, so my weapons and armor are what I get (VERY poor experiences trying to trade - too many a-holes out there - also, as I mentioned, I have pathetically few c/e).

I have a shorter bow that chains, and has faster attacks (plus some other attributes), but I haven't put that to 6 sockets yet, as I don't have the resources. The quiver is the best I have found.

Well, I have Doomfletch & Roth's Reach as alternative bows (though I have to wait until I have enough resources to make them 6s, let alone 6l) and Drillneck & Hyrri's Bite as alternate quivers. I also have Bronn's Lithe & Carcass Jack as alternate armor. Helmets, gauntlets, & boots have been CRAP so far (all VERY low level, and not very good uniques at that :( )

I do ha The Sorrow Of The Divine flask (Consecrated Ground & Zealot's Oath) - no idea how effective that will be .....

I'll have to roll for some more immediate life flasks.

Do you actually ever SEE the effects of CWDT? I have it paired with Enfeeble & Haste, and I've never seen either of them activate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info