A plea for official bots

Sorry for the clickbait, but this is what I actually propose :)

Hi all!

Over the years, the cumbersome trade system has probably spawned the most suggestion posts of any issue in POE. It seems obvious to me that many people would like trades to be less annoying, many even advocating for a full AH.

I would like to propose a different solution:

GGG should run bots which trade in currency, maps and crafting materials such as essences and fossils.

As it is , a lot of these trades are already done by bots, so I don't see a big down-side regarding scarcity.
I do see the following advantages:

1. Unofficial bots lose the market if the official GGG bots are easy to recognize.
2. GGG can influence the market by setting the bots' buy/sell levels.
3. Access to these items will be easier than now. It is absolutely pointless to let players suffer through loads of <no answer> <Sorry, am in lab/delve/mession> or <just price fixing, not planning to sell> before getting standardized items such as maps and resonators.
4. Trading for cool uniques and rare items is still a bazaar-like affair.
5. No major changes such as trade masters, AH or whatever need to be programmed.
6. The bots can show off all the cool MTXs.
7. GGG learns more about how bots work and what to do against unofficial ones.

So what do you guys think?

See ya,
SB

/E:
Oops. Should have been more specific: I in no way want money to be involved. I want the bots to trade currency for currency just like x bots in the system do now. Not bots running around gathering stuff, just trade bots using in-game currency.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Last edited by SisterBlister on Oct 17, 2018, 11:47:45 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2018, 7:15:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
you're a blizzard employee?

if yes, your idea of "there already is real money trading for items, why not make it a ingame feature and profit from it" totally worked.

i don't have any real life examples of "doubling the damaging effects of negative influences" having a bad outcome either.

excuse me while i kill myself because in 30 years my life ends anyway.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Oct 17, 2018, 11:01:01 AM
Haha, a valid comment - if the game is designed to be played by bots, why bots should be forbidden?
But maybe, it's better to cure disease, instead of symptoms? Maybe change PoE so it wont be a magnetto for bots?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I wouldn't be against a literal bazaar area where you can plant a stall full of items for sale. To anyone who has played Ragnarok Online, it's a familiar concept. Heck, a lot of games allow for some form of player shops that you cans stock with items and have it keep running while you're offline, usually for a real money cost. Just slap it in the Epilogue, gating it so that you have to beat the storyline before accessing it would be a fair method of keeping bots from flooding it.
This is a buff™
"
vio wrote:
you're a blizzard employee?

if yes, your idea of "there already is real money trading for items, why not make it a ingame feature and profit from it" totally worked.

i don't have any real life examples of "doubling the damaging effects of negative influences" having a bad outcome either.

excuse me while i kill myself because in 30 years my life ends anyway.

Oops. Should have been more specific in my OP: I in no way want money to be involved. I want the bots to trade currency for currency just like x bots in the system do now. Not bots running around gathering stuff, just trade bots.

Better now?
No trade shall be made easier in POE. It has already been decreed.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Well, the reason GGG give for keeping trade cumbersome is to prevent people from getting their idea of BiS items too quickly.
I'm specifically not suggesting trade equipment. Sure spending less time trading for those Ex to get the gear you want is a time saver, but hardly decisive on the way to BiS gear, I'd say.
Shower-thought:

These bots could use hideouts created by supporters. Maybe the results of a HO competition or as an incentive for a higher level supporter pack.
Oh! I`m not the one who thinks all coming to this..
Was suggesting official bots a while ago already.

Glad to see thought evolves.

__
Let players play, let bots farm and shop.
Last edited by DarkJen on Oct 18, 2018, 7:13:15 AM
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
...Let players play, let bots farm and shop.

Hey, thanks for the input. But I disagree with the "let bots farm": Nope, they should be like players who only trade. They must not generate any currency but only sell what they buy from players.

This way, they don't cause any inflation. And if they regularly purge some of their stock, they can even actively fight it.
Obviously they need to be started with some base stock, but that can be purged once they've become "rich" (or generally dealt with through some purge as mentioned above.
I guess the GGG bots all need to be in a guild so they can share stock they've bought from players. Some bots buy, some sell. And they never trade with bots from the same guild :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info