[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
Vatinas wrote:
"
lghll wrote:
Hello, I played with this build and having fun.

But my character looks so weak in POB.

Can you give me some advice on what's strange?

Even considering passives and gem levels, it looks really weird.

Here's my pob : https://pastebin.com/dzPSAWHp

I really need your advice.

Hi,

I took a look, and there are a few options you forgot to specify.

First, you have to specify the number of virulence stacks, which is almost always 40. Then, you have to tell PoB that there are 9 poisons on the enemy, for the effect of Vile Toxins. Also, you haven't taken Skittering Runes, Gravepact and Spiritual Command yet, which give a decent amount of damage. Then, your support and curse gems aren't lvl 20 yet, and you're still missing two abyss jewels, so it's normal that there's a discrepancy in damage. Also, you need to specify that the enemy has been hit by lightning damage recently, which increases the damage through Elemental Equilibrium.

When you've applied those corrections, let me know if you're more satisfied with the damage; if there's still a huge difference, I'll look further into it :)

On another note, how does the build feel in game? Do you feel like you have enough damage?

I did as you advised, I got convincing result.

For your question, I'm very satisfied with this build.

I played cyclone, ED, ice nova builds in this league. Strong, but not funny.

But I think this build fits me well.

After I cleared all acts, get some my gears, went straight into tier 15 maps.

I was very pleased to see the monsters explode.

I like this build, but I think it's forgotten because there are many better things this season.

Anyway, thanks for introduce me this build!
"
lghll wrote:
I did as you advised, I got convincing result.

For your question, I'm very satisfied with this build.

I played cyclone, ED, ice nova builds in this league. Strong, but not funny.

But I think this build fits me well.

After I cleared all acts, get some my gears, went straight into tier 15 maps.

I was very pleased to see the monsters explode.

I like this build, but I think it's forgotten because there are many better things this season.

Anyway, thanks for introduce me this build!

That's awesome! I'm glad you're having fun :D
What's the new recommended order for the ascendancies? I can tell that the -20% chaos res to nearby enemies would be nice, I just don't know if it's what I should grab first, or if it's more of a last pick thing.
I would say that Void Beacon is definitely the last ascendancy you should pick up. Either go Vile Bastion if you want to go CI earlier, or Profane Bloom for the sweet sweet explosions.

I've been really enjoying the build so far. Started this league pretty late and haven't regretted this one as my starter. Have been rocking through the atlas pretty easily and saving up currency to rework my gear if I decide to go for the endgame bosses. Very nice guide.
Last edited by Kianto on Jul 12, 2019, 9:17:14 PM
"
Kianto wrote:
I would say that Void Beacon is definitely the last ascendancy you should pick up. Either go Vile Bastion if you want to go CI earlier, or Profane Bloom for the sweet sweet explosions.

I've been really enjoying the build so far. Started this league pretty late and haven't regretted this one as my starter. Have been rocking through the atlas pretty easily and saving up currency to rework my gear if I decide to go for the endgame bosses. Very nice guide.

Indeed, I would go Vile Bastion first, then Profane Bloom, then Malediction, and last Void Beacon :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the build! Thank you for the kind words, it's always nice to receive positive feedback ^_^
I just want to say that I absolutely love this build! I was using a similar build and just not enjoying it as much (it also used 4 auras, which was not so fun). I pretty much used up all my refund points to switch to yours and absolutely love it. I have more energy shield, I'm doing the same damage, and I feel like I am not as squishy.

I am going to get my RoA to level 20 so I can 20% quality it and then keep it low level. I'm looking forward to not having to spend so much mana with it.

Thank you for this build and making me enjoy my Occultist again! This is the third character I've gotten to maps period (and the second on league) and I've just been having such a blast! :D

"
Kianto wrote:
or Profane Bloom for the sweet sweet explosions.

Oh man, those explosions are amazing. It is so, so satisfying to see a giant group of enemies just pop before your eyes!
Last edited by Sirielia on Jul 14, 2019, 2:01:10 AM
"
Sirielia wrote:
I just want to say that I absolutely love this build! I was using a similar build and just not enjoying it as much (it also used 4 auras, which was not so fun). I pretty much used up all my refund points to switch to yours and absolutely love it. I have more energy shield, I'm doing the same damage, and I feel like I am not as squishy.

I am going to get my RoA to level 20 so I can 20% quality it and then keep it low level. I'm looking forward to not having to spend so much mana with it.

Thank you for this build and making me enjoy my Occultist again! This is the third character I've gotten to maps period (and the second on league) and I've just been having such a blast! :D

"
Kianto wrote:
or Profane Bloom for the sweet sweet explosions.

Oh man, those explosions are amazing. It is so, so satisfying to see a giant group of enemies just pop before your eyes!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I appreciate it, really ^_^ I'm glad you're having a blast! Thank you so much <3
Love the build, and it's going VERY well for me. If anybody could comment on what I could do for improvements no matter the price it would be super appreciated!
Last edited by ContinentlOp on Jul 27, 2019, 6:43:41 AM
Starting this character on Hard Core never played CI before any changes you would make or any suggestions also if you have some spare time could you update the pob leveling trees. only finish tree is updated to 3.7 anyway ill let you no how i get on also why added fire gem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info