[3.5] Consecrated Path Dual Nebuloch Juggernaut - Low Start Cost, With Trade links and PoB Codes

"
nipit wrote:

Why would they change nebuloch? it was redesigned in current patch only.

Yea probably not, but u never know... Time will tell.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Is this build still viable due to stat sticks nerf? :(
"
AtrusNomad wrote:
Is this build still viable due to stat sticks nerf? :(
Let's see what the patch notes say before we draw any conlusions.

edit: Ok so the patch notes got out and here is some stuff affecting this build:

*Items exclusive to the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians now drop less frequently. Uniques exclusive to the Elder's guardians now also drop based on map tier, with some items unable to drop until higher map tiers.

*You can no longer use skills that require a specific weapon if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill. For example, you will no longer be able to use Reave with a dagger and sceptre equipped. This change means that the popular "stat-stick" strategies will no longer work for attacks.
As a result of this change, Ground Slam, Vaal Ground Slam, Shield Charge, Leap Slam, Double Strike, Vaal Double Strike, Reckoning, Ice Crash, Earthquake, Vaal Earthquake, Sunder, Word of Light, Edict of Light, Decree of Light, Commandment of Light, Word of War, Edict of War, Decree of War, Commandment of War, Tectonic Slam, Consecrated Path, Smite, Ancestral Warchief and Vaal Ancestral Warchief are no longer main-hand only.

Last edited by Dkodr on Dec 4, 2018, 7:59:21 PM
I don't think I understand.

The information seems contradictory.

On the one hand, the notes say we can't use a stat stick for attacks.

On the other hand, it says as long as the skill works in both main and off hand (which the notes call out CP specifically as now working in both), we should be good to go for a stat stick.

Can some one baseline this for me? Can we use a Nebuloch in our off hand for the stats or not for this build?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Dec 4, 2018, 8:09:11 PM
I think now u need 2 good rolled phys damage Nebulochs in both hands as they will alternate the attack instead of just using th main hand for the attack and only the global mods from the offhand.
"
I don't think I understand.

The information seems contradictory.

On the one hand, the notes say we can't use a stat stick for attacks.

On the other hand, it says as long as the skill works in both main and off hand (which the notes call out CP specifically as now working in both), we should be good to go for a stat stick.

Can some one baseline this for me? Can we use a Nebuloch in our off hand for the stats or not for this build?

There are two changes.
1) You can no longer hold an invalid weapon in your off-hand in order to force use of your main-hand weapon by an attack.
2) Consecrated Path will now use both weapons. (The "uses main hand only" tag is no longer present.)

Combined, this means that a 2 Nebuloch build now needs both weapons to be rolled properly for attacks, because both weapons will be used to calculate attack damage.

Combined with the drop rate nerf, this makes gearing much more expensive, but I think the build still works.
Does these changes only affect the Betrayal League, or they affect the Standard as well?
I am playing Standard and just curious if I have another 3 months for gearing.
"Items exclusive to the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians now drop less frequently. Uniques exclusive to the Elder's guardians now also drop based on map tier, with some items unable to drop until higher map tiers."

Nebuloch is an elder item, not an Shaper's or Elder's guardians item.

So, it's fine no ?
Hey i am curious about the leveling/playing in the start of the league, how is conc path compareable to sunder without any twink gear availiable? What level would you swap sunder for the conc path during leveling or would you even wait until you acquired some specific gear until you swapped?
"
Nobzou wrote:
"Items exclusive to the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians now drop less frequently. Uniques exclusive to the Elder's guardians now also drop based on map tier, with some items unable to drop until higher map tiers."

Nebuloch is an elder item, not an Shaper's or Elder's guardians item.

So, it's fine no ?
Yea perhaps u are right, I may have read that a little 2 fast. So then the Nebuloch drop rate will stay the same as it was before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info