Quality Reduced Mana

"
Qmabyte wrote:
Quality doesnt affect mana reserved by auras.
This is correct.
The quality stat on the "Reduced Mana" support gem is reduced mana cost. Auras have a mana reserve, and are affected by reduced mana reserved, but not a cost, so are not affected by modifiers specific to costs.

reduced mana cost specifically applies to skills with mana costs, not with reserved mana.

The was talk at some point of possibly adding reduced mana reserved to the quality of this gem, but I do not know if that is planned to go ahead or was rejected for balance or other reasons. This will not necessarily happen.
linkstatic: I don't know if it was intentional, but your post is quoting me as saying something I did not say. Please edit your post, as this will confuse people.

The quote you attribute to me is not my own, and is wrong. A mana reserve is never a cost. A mana cost is never a reserve. Percentage or flat has nothing to do with it. Mana can be reserved either as a flat amount or a percentage, and neither is a cost, so are not affected by modifiers specific to costs. They are affected by modifiers to mana reserved.
Mana costs could also technically be a flat amount or a percentage (although we don't currently use percentage costs for anything, so this can't happen in-game currently). Both cases are/would be costs, not reserves, and as such would be affected by mana cost modifiers, but not modifiers to mana reserved.

"
mrmisterwaa wrote:
That should be placed on the Gem information because there goes 18 GCP.
The stat the gem gains from quality is specifically reduced mana cost. An aura does not have a mana cost to reduce, and thus no modifiers that say they affect mana costs will affect auras.
Similarly, modifiers that say they apply to reservations will never apply to skills with costs.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 11, 2013, 5:06:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info