Quality Reduced Mana

I have a 11% Reduced Mana at lvl 15 and also have a normal Reduced Mana at lvl 15.
The problem is that i tried changing them (and re casting my auras) and i have the same mana reserved with both (like the 5 extra porcent from the Quality one is not there)
Is this normal, a bug, or what?
IGN: Laloo1990
Quality doesnt affect mana reserved by auras.
IGN: Cyanyx
Oh.. didnt know that, ty :)
IGN: Laloo1990
"
Qmabyte wrote:

Wrong. Quality Reduced Mana doesn't affect auras that reserve %, but it affects auras that reserve a specific amount of mana.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
Qmabyte wrote:

Wrong. Quality Reduced Mana doesn't affect auras that reserve %, but it affects auras that reserve a specific amount of mana.

Grace lvl 17, 192 mana reserved.

lvl 17 0% reduced mana (74%multip+0%reductionFromQ) -> 142 reserved. (192*.74 = 142.08)
lvl 15 11% reduced mana (76%multip+5%reductionFromQ) -> 145 reserved. (192*.76 = 145.92)

Thus I conclude you wrong, quality reduce mana does NOT reduce mana reservation of Grace which probably means it doesn't reduce mana reservation of any auras.
"
viikinki wrote:
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
Qmabyte wrote:

Grace lvl 17, 192 mana reserved.

lvl 17 0% reduced mana (74%multip+0%reductionFromQ) -> 142 reserved. (192*.74 = 142.08)
lvl 15 11% reduced mana (76%multip+5%reductionFromQ) -> 145 reserved. (192*.76 = 145.92)

Thus I conclude you wrong, quality reduce mana does NOT reduce mana reservation of Grace which probably means it doesn't reduce mana reservation of any auras.

Isnt what should happen be more like lvl 20 20% reduced mana (71%multip+10%reductionFromQ) -> 117.12 reserved. (192*.61 = 117.12)

Speaking optimally of course regarding gem, im just trying to understand if this is intentional or should be fixed by Dev's.
"
Qmabyte wrote:
This is correct.
The quality stat on the "Reduced Mana" support gem is reduced mana cost. Auras have a mana reserve, and are affected by reduced mana reserved, but not a cost, so are not affected by modifiers specific to costs.

reduced mana cost specifically applies to skills with mana costs, not with reserved mana.

The was talk at some point of possibly adding reduced mana reserved to the quality of this gem, but I do not know if that is planned to go ahead or was rejected for balance or other reasons. This will not necessarily happen.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Qmabyte wrote:
This is correct.
The quality stat on the "Reduced Mana" support gem is reduced mana cost. Auras have a mana reserve, and are affected by reduced mana reserved, but not a cost, so are not affected by modifiers specific to costs.

reduced mana cost specifically applies to skills with mana costs, not with reserved mana.

The was talk at some point of possibly adding reduced mana reserved to the quality of this gem, but I do not know if that is planned to go ahead or was rejected for balance or other reasons. This will not necessarily happen.

Well that answers my support ticket.

That should be placed on the Gem information because there goes 18 GCP.

Edit:

Since I like proving people wrong:

This is what I sent support.

"
linkstatic wrote:
"
Qmabyte wrote:

Total Mana:

Passives that will reserve Mana cost:
10% Mana Reserved

Auras being used:
Grace(18), Hatred(18), Determination(17)
Reduced Mana Gem:
Quality 18% Level 18
9% Reduced Mana Cost (From Quality)
Mana Cost Multiplier 73%

Quality 0% Level 18
0% Reduced Mana Cost (From Quality)
Mana Cost Multiplier 73%

Scenario 1 - All three auras are active with no Reduced Mana Gem linked with the gems.
Mana Reserve: 688
Grace: 180
Hatred: 27%
Determination: 36%

Scenario 2 - All three auras are active with regular Reduced Mana Gem linked with the gems.
Mana Reserved: 502
Grace: 131
Hatred: 19%
Determination: 27%

Scenario 3 - All three auras are active with QUALITY Reduced Mana Gem linked with the gems.
Mana Reserved: 502
Grace: 131
Hatred: 19%
Determination: 27%

Process of collecting this information:
Follow procedure to follow scenario.
Input (or remove) Reduced Mana Gem into 4L helmet with the three aura gems.
Collect costs of Auras and total Mana Reserved with all three active.
Record data, rinse and repeat until all scenarios are complete.
Last edited by mrmisterwaa on Mar 11, 2013, 12:40:33 PM
"
mrmisterwaa wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Qmabyte wrote:

Well, percentage reservation isn't a set cost while a gem with a set amount costs something. GGG are very specific with their wordings :P
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
linkstatic: I don't know if it was intentional, but your post is quoting me as saying something I did not say. Please edit your post, as this will confuse people.

The quote you attribute to me is not my own, and is wrong. A mana reserve is never a cost. A mana cost is never a reserve. Percentage or flat has nothing to do with it. Mana can be reserved either as a flat amount or a percentage, and neither is a cost, so are not affected by modifiers specific to costs. They are affected by modifiers to mana reserved.
Mana costs could also technically be a flat amount or a percentage (although we don't currently use percentage costs for anything, so this can't happen in-game currently). Both cases are/would be costs, not reserves, and as such would be affected by mana cost modifiers, but not modifiers to mana reserved.

"
mrmisterwaa wrote:
The stat the gem gains from quality is specifically reduced mana cost. An aura does not have a mana cost to reduce, and thus no modifiers that say they affect mana costs will affect auras.
Similarly, modifiers that say they apply to reservations will never apply to skills with costs.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 11, 2013, 5:06:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info