(3.6) Katmos’s bosskiller necromantic agoniser guide (videos attached)

Well Herald of Agony is a really FUN skill to use, but there aren't many builds that can actually use it effectively :O How'd you get started on this build anyway, normal necro that ended up going into agony, or 'let's murder things with agony crawler'?
You start with normal necro, for example, zombies. You must have a main weapon capable of dealing fast hits, just to get used to poisoning enemies (like, swords for lacerate, bows for barrage, etc, it depends if you can have access to any of those skills from another character, from trading or otherwise). Keep leveling up the required gems in off-hand weapons. If you can't poison, don't worry, just play a regular necromancer.
Once you have the necessary level, equip Herald of Agony.
Just at the end of act 10, before the Kitava fight, trade for 5-linked items. Once you get into yellow maps, get 6 links.
Last edited by katmos on May 30, 2019, 12:17:01 AM
Hey guys, I ran HoA as my league starter and it was a blast. Time to move to a new build now, so I'm selling a bunch of pretty gg gear for it (uber elder down in under 2 minutes deathless).

Hit me up in-game if interested: FrontPorchStep

Those ones look expensive, you know?
A couple of exalted orbs for every item?
I could run all red maps (guardians excluded) with gear worth under 2 ex.
Last edited by katmos on Jan 20, 2019, 1:54:41 PM
Hooray, more than 22 000 views.
I'm very pleased that a lot of people read this build, and I would like to thank them for spending their time. I hope that the ideas of this build will take them to the heart of the Atlas!
Last edited by katmos on Feb 20, 2019, 4:41:51 PM
"
Uratoh wrote:
Well Herald of Agony is a really FUN skill to use, but there aren't many builds that can actually use it effectively :O How'd you get started on this build anyway, normal necro that ended up going into agony, or 'let's murder things with agony crawler'?

I can make 10 different builds if i wanted to . the Hoag rings are op Af and you can use 2 to stack them..
next ill be putting the agony crawler in the diadem just to see how much mana reserve i can reduce
The key to avoiding nerfs is to play the skills as the devs imagined them and in order to play cheap, you need to be off-meta.
For next league, I've planned a build that can do 3 million dps for 2-3 exalted worth of gear and has approx. 9000 effective hp. (totally different than the present one, though)
Until then, I'm glad this guild inspired a lot of people into playing Agony crawler.
This build on my opinion has a flaw, when you get to the end levels boss (like innocence, kitava and so on) you dont have corpse to rising spectre and zombie) you have just agony and the Golem and with this build can be difficult fighting the end level boss
Last edited by KyoKun71 on May 18, 2019, 11:08:32 AM
You don't need to endlessly summon your flesh wall minions (as they are supposed to sacrifice themselves to keep you safe). Summon them in map/your hideout, and then let them soak up the damage of the boss until the agony crawler actually manages to finish up that boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info