๐Ÿ‘‘[3.4] Trickster ๐Ÿ‘‘ MoM Caustic Arrow & Toxic Rain ๐Ÿ‘‘ 600+ Depth ๐Ÿ‘‘ Uber Elder Down ๐Ÿ‘‘EZ Budget ๐Ÿ‘‘

"
sheisa wrote:
With patch notes out for 3.5, is the build good without Quill Rain? Or Quill Rain still a good option?

Yeah good to know that, is 40% less damage with quill rain.
I'm not sure if it's still good with quill rain...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Toxic Rain Trickster still viable. You just need to stack attack speed to make up for the quill rain attack speed loss. I had to run a lightning golem plus bow and quiver that increases attack speed/projectile as replacement. With blood rage, the attack speed is close to Quill Rain. I might even pick up the attack speed node beside the hp nodes near scion to add even more attack speed.

Edit: Made a new trickster in standard to test, you can link faster attacks to toxic rain when you dont have the gear yet. Working out for me and has been smooth so far.
Last edited by Absol9 on Dec 6, 2018, 7:54:34 AM
"
sheisa wrote:
With patch notes out for 3.5, is the build good without Quill Rain? Or Quill Rain still a good option?

Toxic Rain is still viable with Quill Rain, but you'll want a pretty different passive tree. There's a total of 52% "non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier" on the tree now. If you take it all, Quill Rain will do .6 * 1.52 = .912, or 91.2% of its previous damage. So it's nerfed, but not tremendously.

The problem is OP's passive tree doesn't go near most of the nodes that now have chaos DoT multi. This is an old passive tree from a different chaos build (Death's Oath) that ends up hitting most of the nodes you'd want for that:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAYCAQSzBx4I9A5ID6sRLREvEZYTbRQJFr8YVhhqGYoajxzcIvQkiyaIJpUo-isKLJwvbzLRM6M1kjpYOuE8BTy2PV9Bh0VHRZ1JE0lPSVFN405tUlNSr1NSVUtVxlgHWrlcQF3yYeJn_Gh0aPJqQ2qMbAttGXC7dZ52gngvfIN85X_GgLOCx4PbhMWFMofLieCLDo8aj0aP-pFHkx-TJ5TxlS6XLZf0muCboZu1nDKhL6IAotmjo6XEplenCKebrJiw2LTRtUi3MLc-uJO7TbyqvOq-isBmwzrIDMgUzxXYvdkT2jvaYt1f5ljoWutj6-7sGO988B_w1fJF9W_22vfX-ej7Cf4K_o8=

Honestly, I'm a little confused by OP's tree anyway. It looks like it's got a lot of bow phys dmg scaling, which is maybe (?) good with a +3 bow, but definitely not with Quill Rain. I may be missing something, but going up toward Witch instead of down toward Ranger seemed generally better to me before, and almost essential now with the new DoT multi passives.

edit: OK, it looks like in 3.4 the "damage with ailments" on ranger nodes was turned into "damage over time", which makes more sense than trying to scale phys. Still, I stand by my statement that you're going to want the DoT multi nodes from the top of the tree now.
Last edited by procproc on Dec 6, 2018, 3:31:30 PM
Incredibly new here, Would the exact tree posted by procproc work with how the rest of the build is set up? if I were to follow that with this build would it work better or should I find a different build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info