Some of you seem to hate maps, why?

'Hate' is rather strong word. I do dislike constant checking of whether said map can be run with my current character and rerolls, because it halts the actual gameplay (a.k.a. killing waves of mobs and looting stuff). More specifically the system in place halts constantly actual playing with all the nonsense stuff of observing elder/shaper influence, sextanting, orbing maps.

You can say 'we don't have to do that', but once you have a stronger character near mid 90 lvl, nobody wants to run tier 4 map with no influence mechanics. Maps is designed to gate content which players otherwise clear easily by limiting map drops, limiting shaper/elder influence and so on.

For example, if I wanted to farm harbinger stuff in SSF, I need to do chaos recipe first over and over to pay 6 chaos for Zana harbinger mod -which is actually better than ever. To do that I basically have to run low lvl maps over and over for chaos recipe to work.

I don't even dare to suggest any improvement to current system. Usual response from GGG seems to be just gating content even more severely for SSF players, so it's better to just stay quiet.

I can't imagine frustrations of those people, who actually trade maps. Luckilly if you are SSF you don't have to lose your peace of mind.
Last edited by vmt80 on Sep 14, 2018, 6:40:29 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Now what would really make mapping interesting in delve is if they gave maps a new implicit called "sulphite node count".

Imagine if a strand map had 1-2 sulphite node count

Then imagine if a cells had 2-5 sulphite node count

There could also be a map affix "of the underground", that would give you extra sulphate piles. (tho I guess that would have no point in Std)

I have hundreds of orbs I have no use for and would gladly spend them to get more delving out of mapping.

I was contemplating this, but i am against it.

It would end up being another mandatory roll for this league and give a lot of bad player experience. It would be "maze" pack size all over again.

It works a lot better if it's an implicit modifier with a fixed value per map and then let it randomize between those value's.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Trading for maps is cancer, I agree. I love playing 8 mode maps however.
I don't hate maps. It's just that in Delve there are no league mechanics in maps, wich makes it abit stale. Also high level mapping is just not very rewarding at all.
Thats actually a fairly good point. Usually new league mechanics are presented in maps, now we got nothing. Haha cant believe I am missing incursions.
I don't hate maps. I hate the RNG associated with getting high-tier maps. The new zana mods make it more tolerable, but it's still a major source of frustration when you do 10 T8+ maps and the highest drop you get is a T5.
My only issue with maps is that, on SSF, sustaining maps higher than tier 9-10 is often a pain and drains out a big chunk of my hard earned currency.

It is frustrating when you run several maps in a row withtout having a single drop.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Sep 14, 2018, 7:52:42 AM
I am not fan of preparing maps:

1) choose map - ok step
2) chisel - + clicks
3) alch - + clicks
4) occasional chaos spam - + clicks
5) vaal - + clicks
6) put into map tab with another boosts - another tone of clicks
7) finally start map - somehow ok step

Maps itself are ok, there could be more mobs though.

I am enjoying other improvements like invite to party etc. - less micromanagement is the right way how to make PoE much better experience and make players stay longer inside game.

Maybe they will make shortcuts for maps? Like alt + F1 = Chisel map when mouse is over, alt + F2 = alch, alt + F3 = chaos, .. F4 = vaal. Thigs like that would make me personally stay longer in game. I quite many time only due.. again make map? Exit..

Or there could be wizard - u press middle mouse button - wizard appears with all stuff what can be done to maps - chisel, alch, chaos, vall, choose zana mod, add atziri map as bonus ... and last option would be start map instead of putting into device. User friendly, much faster and much less micromanagement.
Last edited by Rexeos on Sep 14, 2018, 7:59:27 AM
Since legacy, map drops were reduced by a large amount. GGG does not understand that not everyone is a no life person.

If I run a single T10 map, then a T11 should drop, with additional maps being a bonus. This is how map drops should work, you always get a higher tier, with potential bonus drops.

But the way it works right now is that you play 10 maps, to find a higher one and this suxx. Right now I am stuck at Tier4...

If you play SSF, then maps just suck these days.
I don't hate maps either but...

There comes a point in league when I want to play more than in 5-10 minute bursts (I know I'm a slow poke). Having to finish map, roll another , and go back in is disruptive to immersion. Even rolling up a bunch of maps means I have to sit in my HO and roll up a bunch of maps. That means I am "forced" to make the decisions of running the more efficient layouts vs less, do I want those mods or re-roll, etc...

At that point I end up liking Zana 8's better even if the level is lower than my map tab. This is one instance where I don't really want to have to choose. Throw something at me and make me deal with it rather than making me choose between what is "best" and what is challenging. It creates an unavoidable internal conflict which diminishes the fun.

That is one reason why I'd like an optional endgame story line play through of some fashion. Not going to detail ideas here, not the right place.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info