[3.5 no more updates] Poison Scourge Arrow/TS and Barrage Assassin | 1+M Shaper DPS | 6k HP

"
Joysticko wrote:
I'm pretty new still and have a few questions:

1. Why don't you take Dirty Techniques, or Avatar of the Hunt, or Heavy Draw? They seem like damage nodes that are really close by. Is the damage just enough and you don't have to? Would it be overkill?

2. Why is it that Pathfinder is better for Toxic Rain than Assassin? I heard that crit is really good for damage and it seems to me like Assassin is the crit version of DoT so it would make sense for Assassin to be good for Toxic Rain as well but everyone says that's not the case. Is there something I'm missing?

3. Is the amount of crit in the tree enough? PoB suggests ~40% effective crit and I've read some poeple say that u need 70-90% crit... am I missing something again?

1. DMG inc per 1 point spent is not worth taking this nodes
2. Assa is focused more to DMG, Pathfinder to flasks sustain, in some cases the flasks means more damage or surviv, in other cases Assa is better. You can play with both, play whatever playstyle you fancy more ;)
3. ~40% effective crit is enough for most crit builds, obviously the more the merrier but 70-90 crit ranges are must have only for cast on crit builds.
So, I bought a thing....and then I did a thing:

It had despair on hit before I annuled it. I figured meh, if it annuls something good, I'm done for the league, no biggy.

I'm trying to settle on what to do with it. Was thinking Caustic Arrow in the Bow and barrage in a Elder helm w/ Conc Effect or 6L chest. I ( think?) Scourge Arrow is not a option because of the poop weapon damage on my bow. Correct?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Nov 17, 2018, 1:49:24 PM
Your SA poison damage doesnt come from weapon damage but from chaos damage, so Added chaos support gem, flat chaos on amu and rings and it can be on weapon as well. CA or TR wont benefit from the poison damage mod, so you still need to play with added chaos gem to inflict poisons. Just put this bow into PoB and see for yourself what is better ;)
Hey man I love the build and was wandering is this still viable in betrayal. I wanted to play poison build with bow and arrow and general. I have heard that bows will get nerfed. Will that nerf affect clear time and get outdps by other builds out there ?
3.5 update. I won't be updating this guide anymore. Not becouse Quill Rains nerf, but just becouse i dont know if i will want to play SA the same way as in Delve :)

Summary: still playable.
Hey, know you want be updating the guide anymore but just wondering how on POB you manage to get 3 mil dps, I'm only lvl 81 but I am far from being completly under geared, but I am only getting a total dps inc poison of 3.6k? Is it POB or what I am doing?
"
ImmmCanadian wrote:
Hey, know you want be updating the guide anymore but just wondering how on POB you manage to get 3 mil dps, I'm only lvl 81 but I am far from being completly under geared, but I am only getting a total dps inc poison of 3.6k? Is it POB or what I am doing?

propably bad PoB setting. Check in guide how to setup PoB to get real DPS, but keep in mind that its dps when you are standing still and just holding mouse button. if you move, you loose poison statcs etc.
How do you play with tempest as a main bow when spikes travel only half of a screen from pods (without projectile speed from quill rain). I had to put faster projectiles instead of GMP on SA to fix that. Does GMP is vital for this build?
Hi all!

There's something I don't understand. In this build, the Quill Rain's 40% Less Damage mod is not calculated into Poison's Total More field on Calc tab in Path of Building. But if I check my build, it is in the calculations.
Image attached. Upper poison table is the build's table, lower table is mine.
https://imgur.com/a/8TJL59B
Why is this?
Meanwhile I found the answer. My Quill Rain has 40% Less Damage while the build's Quill Rain has 40% Less Weapon Damage in Path of Building. So It's the 3.5 nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info