Toxic Rain

I'm currently playing a pathfinder with toxic rain. I've reached 10 projectiles and 224% increased area of effect which makes the skill feel amazing.

However, since radius' are rounded down, it's important to know the exact radius value in order to reach the next AoE breakpoint.

Would it be possible to release the exact radius for toxic rain's pod and toxic rain's radius (where the pods can appear)?

My closest guess after a lot of testing is the following:
Toxic rain radius: 15 + 3 * # Projectiles
Toxic rain pod radius: 18 * SQRT(1 + % Inc AoE)

Edit: Toxic rain pod radius was confirmed to 18
Last edited by SpiritKinay on Jul 16, 2020, 10:59:27 AM
"
SpiritKinay wrote:
I'm currently playing a pathfinder with toxic rain. I've reached 10 projectiles and 224% increased area of effect which makes the skill feel amazing.

However, since radius' are rounded down, it's important to know the exact radius value in order to reach the next AoE breakpoint.

Would it be possible to release the exact radius for toxic rain's pod and toxic rain's radius (where the pods can appear)?

My closest guess after a lot of testing is the following:
Toxic rain radius: 15 + 3 * # Projectiles
Toxic rain pod radius: 18 * SQRT(1 + % Inc AoE)

Edit: Toxic rain pod radius was confirmed to 18

Could anyone help confirm these numbers? I cannot find the source of the edit, and I am trying to confirm some of the various calculators out there for the skill, so I can pick one perfect for my own needs.
Hiya!
Posting this in 3.17 Archnemesis league, where Toxic Rain damage at lvl 20 has been reduced from 285 to 238.1 (That's a 16.5% decrease) in damage. Now I played Toxic Rain since 3.12 Heist league, where I got my hands on a +1 Arrow alternative quality skillgem, and loved it ever since. So much so, I even have multiple MTX for it...

My current character (I made multiple this league because HC is cruel) is

Rakushi_ToxicSlave
Gear highlights / worth mentioning:
+1 Chaos Skill amulett
+3 Hunter Bow with T1 Chaos DoT Multi and T3 Chaos damage
T1 ChaosDotMulti Quiver
LVL 4 Empower (Becomes lvl 7 in my bow)
LVL 2 Awakened Void Manipulation (Becomes LVL 5 and thus gives +1)
LVL 21 Toxic Rain
LVL 22 Malevolence due to Viridi's Veil
Perfect Large and Medium Cluster Jewels.

The upgrades I am working towards is double DoT multi hunter quiver and Malevolence DoT Damage Watcher's eye.

This all totals to a lvl 30 Toxic Rain, in case you're curious

Playing with Toxic Rain troughout the campaign felt smooth and enjoyable, and mapping towards better gear (Quill Rain 6L into red maps for a long time) made me believe that the nerf of Toxic Rain was fairly justifyable.

The only issue I have left with it is Toxic rain's ramp up time. Right now my pods on the ground last about 2.8 seconds before popping. And most hasted / faster bosses just.. flat out ignore it.

Things I tried / use to keep bosses locked in place so I can deal optimal damage more consistently

Ballistae Totems with Toxic Rain and withering touch (Total 5 totems) that have chance to taunt due to cluster jewels (20%).

Vaal blight for temporary 80% reduced movement speed (Felt sluggish to use)

Decoy Totem (Felth sluggish to use).

I feel like, with quite the severe nerf of damage in Toxic Rain, you could give it a bit of its utility back, so it doesn't feel like you're doing 10% of your optimal damage against speeddemons? Thanks for reading!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info