Consecrated Path

Would it be possible for us to get information about the base radius of the slam? As far as I know it is not available anywhere.
my feedback:

cons:

- Yet another phy to x conversion melee skill. Why are we forced to choose elemental conversion when playing melee? The skill would have been better off with pure phy and let players decide if they want to go the elem route or not. When you do that, you make bleed and poison useless and those 2 are the staple of melee dot builds.

-this is yet another fire conversion skill. Personal choice here but I am tired of fire skills.

- I don t like the skill require no targeting at all. you can just click randomly around a monster and it will teleport to it. That is dumbing down the gameplay, good for kiddies and console players but not good for normal human users with normal hand to eye coordination. Stop the dumbing down of skill targeting please.

Pros:

- fun to play, a better improved flicker strike. I don t have nausea using it like flicker and it does not require charges which is great.

- AOE included in the skill help for spreading elemental dots and freezes (since the skill decided bleed was not a thing for melee) and is good for pack clearing.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 13, 2019, 2:05:42 PM
^ Totally agree about elemental conversion, even if its often the optimal choice to scale elemental with melee we've seen it so much of it, just more blandness.

I remember when it's name was announced with even a description (that didn't, and still doesn't mention fire) out I was thinking of herald of purity and all this themed stuff maybe it'd be a regular physical gem then nope its conversion.
Was even excited since it allowed use with unarmed.
Hey GGG,

I love the changes to Leap Slam and Shield Charge. The screen movement is SO smooth. I was wondering if Consecrated Path was going to get the same treatment? It seems to move like the above skills used to, not how the improved skills currently move. Think that's a possibility?

Thanks for your time.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Truhls wrote:
if i teleport past mobs it seem there is more of a chance the skill just plain misses in general.

This.

It misses so much. And the mob doesn't take any damages even if it's in the circle.

I even tried Resolute Technique to see if I would it more consistently but that doesn't work and it seems worst with the new changes to targeting in 3.7
Why doesnt it just create consecrated ground everytime you hit? It has so little compared to other OP skill, creating consecrated ground even if you dont teleport shouldnt be an issue.
Currently playing Consecrated Path on a level 76 Chieftain in HCSSF Metamorph league. Played CP when it came out with a similar staff build in SC.

Skill doesn't seem to miss like it used to the first time I played it. Used Resolute Technique both times. I played both as "league starters" to test SSF viability. Leveling with Consecrated Path starts off pretty bad with its slow attack speed if you're not clearing packs of mobs in 1 shot.

I used Faster Attacks Support, Rage Support, and Blood Rage early on for speed while leveling and switched out the supports once my character had good attack speed on its own.

I used Shockwave Support both times as it is quite a large DPS boost if using a mace, scepter, or staff.

--

My biggest gripe with Consecrated Path was it's teleport. Going by the description on the skill gem, it will only create consecrated ground when it teleports; which is all good and would be too strong otherwise. However, the distance at which mobs need to be from your character in order to teleport felt extremely bad. It seems to be better now when running Blood Aquaducts. Further testing with helm enchants would be needed to comment on those. Base teleport distance is fine.

My strategy for bossing with Consecrated Path is to hit it a few times and either run or Leap Slam away to dodge an attack, then teleport back in to gain the consecrated ground.

--

The skill is quite bright and limits MTX combos when trying to come up with themes for characters. Using Kitava's X blast attack as a MTX for the slam and consecrated ground would be a cool idea and let us have a demonic themed character.
Last edited by Phantatsy on Jan 13, 2020, 6:41:57 PM
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U DUAL WIELD??

U ALTERNATE WEAPON? U HIT ONLY WITH MAIN? WITH BOTH?

WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SECOND WEAPON CANT BE USED WITH THE SKILL ITSELF?? IT WONT ALTERNATE OR USE BOTH ANYMORE??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info