[3.4] Noodle's STOP! Toxic Rain / Withering Touch Pathfinder

I am doing something similar with Much different items, getting the same numbers PoB wise with more life pool. Found a build for this new skill posted off the forums site and tweaked it. I Like the idea of rain of arrows instead of Tr again on totem. I think the original build i was following was focusing on pod explosion damage but while fiddling i found the DoT damage much more satisfying and seemingly more powerful. Also I managed to fit in 31% chaos resist thru lucky item grabs. If you dont mind taking a look at my PoB I'd love some feedback/improvement suggestions.

Also, i understand i am using a trickster build instead of ranger. I am mainly posting here because this is the first guide ive found focusing on the DoT part of the dmg.

my PB: https://pastebin.com/vUzfsgHd
Last edited by eradicon on Oct 26, 2018, 12:15:30 AM
Quick question about the build, how is mana maintained? Is it all done using Clarity and the hybrid flask or am I missing something?

I saw that someone had suggested dropping the "Doedre's" ring and using a +curse amulet along with "Thief's Torment", but is this really necessary?

--edit

Turns out that once I got my end-game gear, I have had no mana problems :)

It is a little tight if I reserve space for Blasphemy and 'Arctic Armour', but it is doable and most of the time I just do without 'Arctic Armour
Last edited by Skua99 on Oct 26, 2018, 11:00:42 PM
This build worked out great for me. I'm still gonna push to 100 for a few more skill points but this is pretty much where I'm stopping.

Not sure how to link my Jewels. :)
So I got lucky and got a farrul's fur from a key so I decided to add a twist to your build. Aspect of the cat makes it run pretty smooth. Here is my current getup.
"
Sporko wrote:
So I got lucky and got a farrul's fur from a key so I decided to add a twist to your build. Aspect of the cat makes it run pretty smooth. Here is my current getup.

Nice! It was something I looked into while theorycrafting but it's so pricey. Lucky!!
I followed your build pretty closely and it’s super powerful and fast. I’ve experimented and modified it slightly to fit my tastes as I made her an orb/doctor farmer. With about 40% quantity gear and a Biscos on I was farming up to tier 7-8 maps, usually deathless.

I just 6 linked my Atziris evasion armor and swapped the temp chains with enfeeble. Now I’m able to farm tier 12 and lower with all mana issues completely resolved; honestly I could drop clarity. When I put actual gear on her I can do tier 16 maps and have my choice of random buffs or defensive perks.

In a perfect world I’d run 3 curses and use temp chains, enfeeble, and witchfire. I may pickup those boots and do just that. A couple of nice jewels and upgraded quality gems and I got my forever farmer. Found 1 doctor and 5 exalts so far and I’m just now using a drop filter. I’m gonna really see what she can do here in a few weeks.
Although enfeeble is fine with yellow maps, IMO temp chains is better for red maps and deep delving. This build has absolutely no problems with clear speed - farming red maps in a minute or two - but it somewhat lacks defences, and the temp chains curse is really important there. I am using a slightly modified version of the build, with Potency of Will node for more QoL. If you want, check my character MuchoMurkaCZ.

BTW, I finally managed to get to delve lvl 300 and to kill Shaper deathlessly on Saturday. Thx Noodle, and stroke your cat for me :)
- TroubiCZ
Last edited by trouba on Nov 12, 2018, 2:48:00 AM
Why Rain of Arrows on the totem instead of another Toxic Rain?
I am using this build in Hardcore Delve and it's working great. Not a fan of the ranger but it is a nice change from Marauder or Templar.

My question: you are using Quill Rain and for me that is a major dps decrease from Infractem. Why is that? What am I missing here? :)
AD MAJOREM SATHANAS GLORIAM!!!
"
you can't get Chocolate Rain out of your head

Thanks you son of a b!tch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info