[3.6] HoA Champion Summoner - Enfeeble & Temp Chains - Uber Elder Viable

Intro:

This is my take on the Herald of Agony skill. This build focuses purely on it's minion.
We are going to use fast attacking bow skills to keep Virulence stacks maxed. This way we can get a huge amount of Life gain on hit per second.

Videos:
T16 Maze of the Minotaur
Uber Elder
Shaper

Why Champion and not Necromancer or Pathfinder?
The Herald of Agony minion doesnt really benefit from the Necromancer bonuses. That Ascendancy is mainly for skills like Zombies, SRS, Spectres, Skeletons and Animate Weapons.

The Pathfinder node that slows down losing Virulence is useless. We are going to have max stacks most of the time without it.

Here is a list of defensive layers we have as Champion:
-Temporal Chains and Enfeeble
-Stun immunity
-Fortify
-Blind
-4000 life gain on hit per second against Shaper/Elder
-6% reduced damage taken
-Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics

Gear:

Required items:

Quill Rain has basically everything we want from a bow.
Very high attack speed for enough Virulence stacks, Mana gain on hit (enough to use both bow skills) and projectile speed.

Coming Calamity to increase the Herald levels and so we dont need to worry about mana reservation when choosing support gems.

Windshriek are a better choice to increase the Curse limit than Doedre's Damning, because the ring has almost no other useful stats.

Gluttony for a free level 30 Poacher's Mark.
The removal of armour and energy shield doesnt matter much, we focus on evasion and dodge.

To get two 5-link bow skills you need to use rare Elder gloves that have a Poison Support mod.

Rare items:

You want to look for rare items that give you life and resitances.
Use only Evasion base items because the belt makes Armour and ES useless.
As your rare quiver base you want Sharktooth Arrow Quivers.

Skill Gems:

Rain of Arrows:
This is used to apply Virulence stacks and a curse.
You can either use Enfeeble or Temporal Chains in here.
Use a Blind Support if you cant get it on one of the jewels, the other options can be Knockback, Maim or Enhance.
Use this setup or the Barrage setup in the gloves to get two 5-links with Poison Support.

Rain of Arrows
Curse On Hit
Enfeeble/Temporal Chains
Blind/Knockback/Maim/Enhance
(Poison)

Barrage:
This will be your single target skill.
You keep your Virulence and Wither stacks maxed and you will get a huge amount of Life gain on Hit per second with this, around 4000 against Shaper.
Use this setup or the Rain of Arrows setup in the gloves to get two 5-links with Poison Support.
If you have an Unset ring for your Blink Arrow, you can use this in the 6-link bow with a Lesser Multiple Projectiles, to increase your life gain per second.

Barrage
Life Gain on Hit
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Withering Touch
(Poison)

Herald of Agony:
Pierce is mandatory.
Minion Damage, Damage on Full Life and Empower are highest dps supports.
Minion Speed for clear speed.

Herald of Agony
Minion Damage
Minion Speed
Damage on Full Life
Pierce
Empower

Temporal Chains/Enfeeble + Convocation:
The defensive curse we use as an aura. Im using Temporal Chains at the moment, but Enfeeble can be used too.
Enhance lowers the cooldown of Convocation.

Temporal Chains/Enfeeble
Blasphemy
Enhance
Convocation

Phase Run + Immortal Call:
Phase Run to go fast between packs.
Immortal Call for when something actually manages to hit you through your dodge, evasion, blind and curses.

Phase Run
Increased Duration
Immortal Call Level 1
Cast When Damage Taken Level 1

Utility:
To get over ledges.

Blink Arrow

Passive Tree:

Can be found here:Level 90
Path of Building link: https://pastebin.com/uqECzzFz

Jewels:

The best jewel mod you can get is "Minions have #% increased attack speed" of Abyss jewels, because this also affects you when you have the "Spiritual Command" node on the tree.
Other stats you want are life, blind on hit and minion blind on hit.

Flasks:

I recommend these

My last one right now is this because of delves

Bandits:

Kill all.

Pantheon:

Soul of Lunaris:
Movement speed, dodge, phys damage reduction and projectile avoidance.

Soul of Garukhan:
Movement speed and evasion.

Map Mods:

You can run every single map mod with this build.

Outro:

Feel free to give feedback!

And make sure to check out my other build guides:
[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

Last edited by Clooney_is_best_Batman on Mar 8, 2019, 12:54:43 AM
Last bumped on May 5, 2019, 9:45:23 AM
Thanks for this build, having a blast with it. Couple of questions:

Any thoughts on using a cwdt + convocation setup? I've found that the agony crawler often doesn't follow me as closely as I'd like...

Would using a perseverance belt be an idea? You lose some life and resists, but in return you get perma-onslaught. Which allows you to use a different flask.

Speaking of which, what affixes do you use for your flasks? I have immune to bleeding, poison, freeze and curses atm

What about pantheon? Going with Arakaali atm, for minor I'm thinking Ralakesh.

Both necromancer and pathfinder are better for herald of agony and prof can be found on ladder:) I don't see any Champs killing uber elders with this nonsense of a build.

Attack speed is noob trap... Allot of things on this build suggest its a noob trap :)

But hey you can always prove me wrong with some videos of uber elder t16 +8 mods runs. delve 300+ etc etc :)

There is a reason why people don't play this build :)
Whats the order for Ascendancy?
I just did a big update for this build, this changed quite some things.
Changed the passive tree to include Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics and the taunt ascendancy nodes.
With this we can use the "Gluttony" belt, because we now focus on dodge and evasion.
Also optimized the skill setups and included some new info like Pantheon, map mods and bandit rewards.
This version feels way stronger than the last one, in terms of both survivability and damage.

"
Alphastar27 wrote:
Thanks for this build, having a blast with it. Couple of questions:

Any thoughts on using a cwdt + convocation setup? I've found that the agony crawler often doesn't follow me as closely as I'd like...

Would using a perseverance belt be an idea? You lose some life and resists, but in return you get perma-onslaught. Which allows you to use a different flask.

Speaking of which, what affixes do you use for your flasks? I have immune to bleeding, poison, freeze and curses atm

What about pantheon? Going with Arakaali atm, for minor I'm thinking Ralakesh.

I hope this update answers your questions and you may like this new, better version too.

"
Maximus87 wrote:

I just changed the ascendancy nodes in the update, so i cant really tell you what to use first.
I started this character as SRS, so i took "Inspirational" first, into "Fortitude".
With the new ascendancy nodes, i would probably go "Worthy Foe" first.
Last edited by Clooney_is_best_Batman on Sep 27, 2018, 11:23:59 PM
"
Maximus87 wrote:

Probably best is Unstoppable Hero > Fortitude > Inspirational > First to strike, last to fall.

If you have an alternate reliable source of fortify (which you probably dont, considering the build uses a bow) you could pick Fortitude last instead
Last edited by Alphastar27 on Sep 19, 2018, 7:55:48 PM
"

I hope this update answers your questions and you may like this new, better version too.

Unfortunately I just spent a ton of currency getting the right jewels for the abyss belt, so I'll keep playing with the old version for now, lol. It's doing great for me as well too, though only into yellow maps and around 150 depth in my mine so far. Will let you know when I start running into problems. :-)
Last edited by Alphastar27 on Sep 19, 2018, 7:55:22 PM
"

I just changed the ascendancy nodes in the update, so i cant really tell you what to use first.
I started this character as SRS, so i took "Inspirational" first, into "Fortitude".
With the new ascendancy nodes, i would probably go "Worthy Foe" first.

Awesome, thanks for the response and for making the build! Do we still need the chance to poison "master fletcher" node anymore?
Added a new video showcasing this updated version.

"
Alphastar27 wrote:
Unfortunately I just spent a ton of currency getting the right jewels for the abyss belt, so I'll keep playing with the old version for now, lol. It's doing great for me as well too, though only into yellow maps and around 150 depth in my mine so far. Will let you know when I start running into problems. :-)

You can still use them in this new version, it has 4-5 jewel sockets.

"
Maximus87 wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the response and for making the build! Do we still need the chance to poison "master fletcher" node anymore?

It's better to just use a Poison Support now, because we dont have to use Poacher's Mark in that link anymore.
Last edited by Clooney_is_best_Batman on Sep 20, 2018, 1:51:12 PM
"
Both necromancer and pathfinder are better for herald of agony and prof can be found on ladder:) I don't see any Champs killing uber elders with this nonsense of a build.

Attack speed is noob trap... Allot of things on this build suggest its a noob trap :)

But hey you can always prove me wrong with some videos of uber elder t16 +8 mods runs. delve 300+ etc etc :)

There is a reason why people don't play this build :)

Or maybe, ya' know, the game isn't just about end-game meta builds? The only things "noob" here are your lack of appreciation for build diversity [which this build definitely promotes] and your excessive use of smiley faces for failed passive-aggressiveness.

@ OP: Keep it up! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info