[3.8] The Kingsguard - LL Aurabot Dominating Blow Summoner Tank - Uber Elder and Atziri, Delve 600+

"
CaptainKITTIE wrote:
I’ve played a life based version of dom blow all league after some troubles with Uber elder I thought switching to this build would be the next step in progression,After the swap, mapping feels worse, all the guardians feel worse , delving feels worse, I haven’t tried shaper or Uber elder again on this iteration but I can’t imagine them feeling any better. I’m admittedly a bit salty after investing so much to be so disappointed. Do I just need to get the GG abyss jewels and the watchers eye for it to finally click and feel amazing ? I don’t feel like I’m Regening enough ES

Looks like you are following Mk.2 but are not using soul taker. This is Mandatory!
Also drop Ghost Reaver.

"
Justissier wrote:
Hello everyone,

Can someone explain to me why, in the PoB (Path of Building), the Leveling Trees are totally different from the Main Tree, and which one should I follow.

Thanks.

OK lots of post like this and people wondering why trees are so different.
You can’t level as low life!
"

Ok sorry I'm new to the game. So my guess is that we are supposed to follow the leveling tree then reset our talent tree and make it like the Main talent tree at some point like what lvl 90?
"
Justissier wrote:
"

Ok sorry I'm new to the game. So my guess is that we are supposed to follow the leveling tree then reset our talent tree and make it like the Main talent tree at some point like what lvl 90?

Around lvl 75 is fine. Basically once you have Shavs and most of the rest of the gear.
I am at Level 82, have been following this build so far, but after switching to the low life version i'm feeling very weak and kinda lost.

I think I am lacking on all fronts. I dont have enough ES to sustain some heavier damage, and I dont deal enough damage to get bosses down (Especially if there arent any trashmops arround to kill with DOM).

I cant run all auras due to mana/health problems and while i think i got the most out of it, i am not sure if it is.

I am kinda unsure on what to focus to make my char playable for higher maps and bosses. Maybe reskill and get better nodes? Buy better rings? Change the way I play?

Getting the Amulet and 6 Linking my Shavronnes will surely give me a nice boost, but i am kinda out of money at the moment, so it will be hard to do both anytime soon.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can help me out, I'D be very thankfull.

https://pastebin.com/xSC4mpQN my char

Thanks!

tldr: I am feeling very weak. So many different ways to optimize everything I dont know where to start. What might be the best for me?
So far really enjoying the build, im a bit new so it might not be as obvious as it is to someone who understands a little bit more about what they're doing as its my first ES build and such but a few questions.

Before I get my chest to 6L what would you guys recommend to drop for the 5L until I 6L it.

Also what is a good spot to make the big jump from life to the final build? Thank you so much and so far enjoying my first minion build!

Lastly when finishing what route should I take on the home stretch? (in terms of skill points?) I.E. what to save for lvls 85-100.
"
ElShrimpo wrote:
I am at Level 82, have been following this build so far, but after switching to the low life version i'm feeling very weak and kinda lost....
https://pastebin.com/xSC4mpQN my char

I empathize, it can be pretty overwhelming when you first start with a new style of build. I've played minions for a long time but this was my first low-life aura-heavy build, and it definitely took some adjusting!

I took a look through your build, and here's my suggestions:

1. Looks like your Shavronne's is linked B-R-B-R-R. You really should switch it over to either 5 linked red slots or R-R-R-R-B, but I know that's expensive. (And of course aim for eventually the R-R-R-R-R-B 6-link in the OP.) So I'll make suggestions based on what you currently have, until you can improve the links.

2. I'm not sure why you have Controlled Destruction slotted in your Dom Blow link; it appears to do nothing for you since it only helps spell damage. I'd change that link to Dom Blow-Melee Splash-Fortify-Minion Damage-Added Lightning Damage. You lose Multistrike which is unfortunate, but the added defense of Fortify is well worth it. Once you can update your colors/links as mentioned in #1, you can drop the Added Lightning Damage for Multistrike, with the fifth gem being either Minion Damage or Added Physical Damage depending on the 5th slot color. And eventually both, once you get 6 link.

3. Don't link Clarity to Blood Magic. I suggest not running Clarity at all, actually, unless you get a Watcher's Eye that requires it. If you do run it, make it reserve mana, not life.

4. I'm afraid that until you get a helmet enchant to reduce the cost of one of your auras, you've got two choices: either drop one aura, or go get more mana reservation reduction on the passive tree.
a) If you want to go with one less aura, I suggest not running Grace.
b) You can still do all the auras if you go way down the tree for Champion of the Cause, and get that reservation reduction node up by Influence. That's gonna cost you some ES and minion life nodes. Here's a pastebin with an updated tree: https://pastebin.com/yrgLDA8c

5. I don't see a Cast when Damage Taken-Immortal Call link anywhere. Highly recommended, it'll help a lot with survival against big hits (ahem...Syndicate). You'll probably have to rework the links in your boots to make a spot for it.

6. I know the ES is low until you can get the rest of the points on the tree plus the big amulet, but you've got a lot of defense to help. One thing you can do is swap out your one ring that has life on it, for one with ES instead. Beyond that, though, you mostly need to be saving up for that Presence of Chayula.

And for reference, in case it helps anyone, here's my current build: https://pastebin.com/GsKJUesP Note that it has a helmet enchant to reduce Haste cost, which is why I can do without Champion of the Cause and also have enough mana to run Dread Banner.
"
Conflictions wrote:
Before I get my chest to 6L what would you guys recommend to drop for the 5L until I 6L it.

You really want to have 4 red slots for Dom Blow-Multistrike-Melee Splash-Fortify. The 5th can be either Minion Damage or Melee Physical Damage, depending on whether it's red or blue.

"
Conflictions wrote:
Also what is a good spot to make the big jump from life to the final build? Thank you so much and so far enjoying my first minion build!

Probably in the mid-to-upper 70s.

"
Conflictions wrote:
Lastly when finishing what route should I take on the home stretch? (in terms of skill points?) I.E. what to save for lvls 85-100.

Increased ES, for the most part. Written in Blood and three jewel slots is 12 points, those are probably your final ones.
Will a helm enchant with only the 20% reduced mana reservation for one of the purity's be enough to get in all auras? Or does it need to be the 30% herald of purity?
"
Demagorg wrote:
Will a helm enchant with only the 20% reduced mana reservation for one of the purity's be enough to get in all auras? Or does it need to be the 30% herald of purity?

The purity helm enchant should be fine if you're running the same auras as the OP's build. If you're unsure, pull your build into PoB and experiment with the different helm enchants. I've found PoB is pretty good with the math on reservations.

Personally I'm doing things a bit differently as I don't have Empower linked up to the purity auras, nor do I have the purity helm enchant.
I am currently working on this build and have got 9 auras right now from just myself alone. I do not have the mana reserve helm enchant. I feel that I might be missing some stuff or stats that I am overlooking?

Can anyone take a look at my dude and let me know if you see anything that I may be missing.

I currently have 99% of my Mana Reserved, which leaves me with 10 mana, enough to cast a level 15 summon skeleton, I guess that is the only thing that the helm enchant would improve, give me slightly more mana for that. I just turn off an aura to summon my holy relic.

I need to 6 link my chest, it will free up some other slots, but I don't know how I will get 5/1b.. unless I white socket and hope one of the bottom hits.

The empower lvl 4 really helped with the mana reservation

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info