Unplayable Lag (High FPS, Low Ping)

It is a backend problem since delve launch (at least on EU servers). Massive spikes during prime time, and running smooth in off hours. Esp. when there's lots of mobs on the screen, which is interesting with a league mechanic like this. Didn't quit out early of a big league before, but stuff's just unplayable.

Edit - possibly tied to Quarries getting instanced by a ton of people since Sulphite returns are so poorly balanced.
Last edited by prox711 on Sep 9, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
yep - lag spikes here as well and no matter which time of day.

20-30ms steady and every ~20-30s at least one short >500-1000ms spike,
sometimes even 2-3x directly following.

200MBit steady broadband, i7 8086k @ stock, 1080gtx

every other online game running fine.
I've been fine all prior leagues and this one until about 24 hours ago. My ping is a consistent 50ms and every minute or so, my game just freezes up for 10+s at a time. As a hardcore player, this is extremely frustrating and makes the league unplayable.

Has anyone received any feedback or been contacted by GGG? I popped onto Dota2 to double-check and I can play 40+ minute games without any spikes or packet loss.

(Playing on NA's DC realm.)
Last edited by xewo on Sep 9, 2018, 2:07:23 PM
Yep, every other game under the sun, works just fine.

It's just this game.

I really don't understand how only SOME people can have the problem.

Let's assume it's a back-end problem (and it is). Why isn't everybody lagging? Are they purposefully ruining the experience for some players, so that other people can have a good experience?

It just feels like they are un-prioritizing some Accounts...

Weird.
Last edited by comahrn on Sep 9, 2018, 2:08:55 PM
^ I don't think it's as simple as you think it is. Sometimes figuring out why it's happening to some people and not to others is difficult to track down. There are several posts about people experiencing the same thing so I'm hoping that there's a way to resolve this issue soon.

What might fix my computer might not work on yours -- I'm sure they're trying to figure out a global solution and it's not as arbitrary as changing this one setting or doing this one thing to fix it.
Today it's not working again. :(

/edit

working now after all
Last edited by comahrn on Sep 10, 2018, 8:54:55 AM
It might be just the craziest coincident and I am fully aware that it makes absolutely zero sense. (Then again the whole issue doesn't make too much sense)

So I'm using a Asus RoG Maximus VI Hero. This has an Intel l217-V NIC. When I activate the Gamesfirst bloatware from Asus and prioritize PoE, it almost always fixes the issue.

I know that the prioritization should just be in my network and the issue is on GGG's side.

Yet it seems to work. It might just be big coincidents, but for now it seems fine.
Yep.

Asus ROG Gamesfirst works... I have no idea why.

When I activate it, it keeps lagging. When I prioritize it to low, nothing works anymore. When I prioritize it to high, it works like a charm.

So the game somehow demands, depending on NIC, that the packages are tagged locally. For whatever reason (I wasn't even aware, that it was visible outside of my network).

It makes so little sense, but when GamesFirst is off (like it always has been on my computer) I'm lagging again.

Sooooo I don't know about the implications. I really can't udnerstand, but would really like an answer why that is, or how it is possible from techsupport.
"
bartfive wrote:
same shate here. I'm based in Scotland, and never had issues with London server until the recent patch (3.4.1).

I cleaned my PC both software and hardware, overclocked GPU and it didn't help with lag spikes

I got increased ping from 32-50ms to approx 600ms every 20-25 sec

Honestly at this point, just buy a PCIe NIC and test it with that.

Or test it with a USB wireless NIC.

I really think there are just issues with some NIC options.
Last edited by comahrn on Sep 19, 2018, 11:34:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info