[3.13] TOXIC RAIN + HERALD OF AGONY Pathfinder Build (6-8K life) (UBER ELDER done!) +VIDEO GUIDE!

"
madsedelskov wrote:
I see many people running w/o HoA. Can someone please explain why, and difference , pros/cons

Thanks in advance

Biggest one is that, you don't have to reserve ~70% mana to it (depends on how many link you want for it ... I'm going for 6L HoA). You lose minion that follows you and deals tons of damage (there is noticeable difference in clear speed when I turn HoA off, he's brutal with pierce support).

I'd say that if you're not Pathfinder it's not that great deal (have not tried stacking virulence on any other character), but I think you're losing lot of damage as pathfinder if you don't use HoA and link it with all the fancy stuff.
"
Quickfade wrote:

Interesting, when you factor in far shot, the numbers do come up similar. I'm happy with my quill rain but really curious how much different a lionseye would be.

The problem with far shot is that we don't have actual data on how it scales, the few charts and graphcs I've seen indicate ~30% more damage at screen edge (at 1080p)

Which is great, except you now have to apply Despair in another way.

What I like with QR is that you can shoot and move really quickly, and with Despair + Increased AoE + blasphemy and thanks to our ascendancy Nature's Reprisal, we have a 55 radius blasphemy. If you wanna see how wide that is:

Spoiler

So I just shoot and run while circling bosses, that keeps them in Despair and I still got ample space.

That being said, Far shot would give pretty decent more damage if you keep enemies at 50-55 range.
Last edited by Icemasta on Sep 18, 2018, 1:11:11 PM
"
Icemasta wrote:
"
Quickfade wrote:

Interesting, when you factor in far shot, the numbers do come up similar. I'm happy with my quill rain but really curious how much different a lionseye would be.

The problem with far shot is that we don't have actual data on how it scales, the few charts and graphcs I've seen indicate ~30% more damage at screen edge (at 1080p)

Which is great, except you now have to apply Despair in another way.

What I like with QR is that you can shoot and move really quickly, and with Despair + Increased AoE + blasphemy and thanks to our ascendancy Nature's Reprisal, we have a 55 radius blasphemy. If you wanna see how wide that is:

So I just shoot and run while circling bosses, that keeps them in Despair and I still got ample space.

That being said, Far shot would give pretty decent more damage if you keep enemies at 50-55 range.

Sure, I agree that we don't know exact distances for far shot. I was just trying to point out that saying "Quill is better than Lioneye's just because it shoots faster" just ain't true. Both are good.

I'd also disagree that you'll be needing another way how to apply despair, I just shoot as soon as I see the pack (that will trigger Far Shot for given distance) and then just run towards the pack and through it (phasing). So by the time pods explode they have despair and 1-2 webs from Aspect. That's good enough for trash clear. When I'm killing boss I try to stay ~60-70 units far away from him (so again I have some far shot and dispair and webs).

I'm not focusing on pod dots though, I'm trying to balance my damage more towards poison (so I'm more interested by the moment when pods explode).
"
peetrscz wrote:
I'd also like to point out gloves that are imho better than The Embalmer (much more expensive though), I just run few red maps with those and I do get hit even less than before and damage seems higher than before. Unlike Embalmer, these also boost crawlers damage (I'm now trying withering touch instead of vicious projectiles on him because of that) so finally despair is actually boosting crawlers damage.

Downside is I have to move totem to helmet (because of increased duration) and that means recolor Starkonja to RRBB and that won't be cheap.

You also need to reserve Aspect here, which i believe makes it impossible to do a 6L Herald
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
I am currently in T15, and cleared T11 Elder with ease. I have around 15ex , can you check below for possible updgrades. My items are below:

lastly, I crafted the quiver below using fossil and will mastercraft life on it. Is it better than drillneck? How do I calculate the +1 arrow in POB, since it is now showing any additional damage. Thanks.
Last edited by mdbtoribio on Sep 18, 2018, 11:01:31 PM
@peetrscz, I've never made a post directed at you so I don't know what you're on about. I even said in my last post that LG seems to be a decent alternative with despair on blasphemy. Mostly been discussing with Quickfade and sharing what I've tested so far.
"
mdbtoribio wrote:
I am currently in T15, and cleared T11 Elder with ease. I have around 15ex , can you check below for possible updgrades. My items are below:

lastly, I crafted the quiver below using fossil and will mastercraft life on it. Is it better than drillneck? How do I calculate the +1 arrow in POB, since it is now showing any additional damage. Thanks.

You already got some dope stuff here. I would probablly go for Impresence at this point. The helm is absolutely dope. How much was it?
Go for Full LiFe instead of Efficacy.
Also curious about these jewels with high chaos damage, were they crafted or you bought em? Poedb shows that only iup to 19% chaos can be crafted on jewel.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
"
"
mdbtoribio wrote:

You already got some dope stuff here. I would probablly go for Impresence at this point. The helm is absolutely dope. How much was it?
Also curious about these jewels with high chaos damage, were they crafted or you bought em? Poedb shows that only iup to 19% chaos can be crafted on jewel.

for the jewel i think they use aberrant fossil +sanctified fossill maybe i m wrong
"
"
mdbtoribio wrote:

The helmet, amulet, belt, quiver, and jewels were crafted using fossils.
Helmet -> Pristine, Aberrant
Amulet -> Pristine, Aberrant
Belt -> Pristine, Aberrant
Quiver -> Pristine, Aberrant, Corroded
Jewel -> Aberrant

As for the jewel rolls, the new delve mod for aberrant fossil is chaos mod. The rolls are below:

7% increased maximum life -> regular mod
9% increased chaos damage -> regular mod
16% increased chaos damage -> delve mod
Currently lvl 36 with this build and It's working amazingly, I was just wondering, would it be possible to transition this into a CA without any changes to the tree?

With possibly a Toxic Rain setup for singletarget

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info