outdated

CA now explodes on impact with attack damage prior to chaos DoT. So GMP or Volley adds more explode on impact area damage plus multiple chaos DoT areas. ZiggyD explains it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGSSYCDdQ0
"
Stubby83 wrote:
CA now explodes on impact with attack damage prior to chaos DoT. So GMP or Volley adds more explode on impact area damage plus multiple chaos DoT areas. ZiggyD explains it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGSSYCDdQ0

Yeah, but that damage will be non-existent if you use the common Caustic Arrow setups which are going for a lvl 28 Caustic Arrow as far as i understood it.

So you only use GMP, Volley ect if you aim for a high pdps bow at cost of the dot damage. But i still don´t know if that will be good enough compared to the dot focus.
build look quite good.lot of +life,lot of +chaos dmg and DoT dmg, a decent amount of flask nods to take advantage of pathfinder (we lost the major benefict of flask but still a few buff to flask).the DoT flask will be awsome with pathfinder.for the GMP, we could always get +1 arrow on gear with dying sun flask instead.for the herald chest,im not so sure.it buff the herald but give nothing else.no life (useless ES) no res no evasion.will see what the mana reservation will look like with a 6l herald.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Aug 29, 2018, 9:54:18 PM
"
Stubby83 wrote:

I'm not scaling hits and explosions, just DoT poison clouds.

Scaling hits and explosions requires different gear / tree.
no reason to scale anything besides the puddle really. So yeah gmp isn't that good considering it really dumps your puddle dmg.
This looks really good, I'm excited to see the changes and to play CA again.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
You only have 10% poison chance with maybe 20% more with herald buff. How will you maintain virulence stack without gmp and low poison chance?
Last edited by assajocuna on Aug 29, 2018, 11:04:46 PM
"
assajocuna wrote:
You only have 10% poison chance with maybe 20% more with herald buff. How will you maintain virulence stack without gmp and low poison chance?

I threw this idea out on another thread, but the agony crawler scaling only cares about the number of poisons, not the strength, so what about using Ranged Attack Totem for this?

RAT - Toxic Rain/Scourge Arrow - GMP - Poison support

Then you can just concentrate on scaling maximum DOT damage on your CA.

Toxic Rain will give you the additional effect of slowing enemies down, while Scourge Arrow probably gives you more total projectiles which means potentially more poisons, although I don't know how RAT will work with a channeled attack skill. Hell, if you had an open 5L or 6L you could even throw in the new Wither support for even more slowdown and increased chaos damage taken.
Last edited by thrackstar on Aug 30, 2018, 12:53:09 AM
"
thrackstar wrote:
I threw this idea out on another thread, but the agony crawler scaling only cares about the number of poisons, not the strength, so what about using Ranged Attack Totem for this?

I think you have to apply the poison yourself to get a stack of virulence, so pretty sure totems and mirage archer won't work.

With the damage numbers on new CA it looks like sustaining high stacks won't be necessary for clearing. Maybe a <Barrage - GMP - Poison - Faster Attacks> 4 link could be useful for using on bosses in between refreshing the CA puddle.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
maffa50 wrote:
"
thrackstar wrote:

I think you have to apply the poison yourself to get a stack of virulence, so pretty sure totems and mirage archer won't work.

With the damage numbers on new CA it looks like sustaining high stacks won't be necessary for clearing. Maybe a <Barrage - GMP - Poison - Faster Attacks> 4 link could be useful for using on bosses in between refreshing the CA puddle.

Oh yeah, you're probably right about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info