[3.4] The Plague Archer - Assassin Crit/Poison based Toxic Rain!

Toxic rain feels so damn satisfying to play, and i’m following this build closely. Is there a consensus on what the optimal set up is for clearing trash? So far I found that linking GMP probably doubles your clear speed. I swap GMP for Vile Toxins for single target. Also, maybe Death’s Opus is something to consider, as an alternative to Lioneye’s glare, not sure what you guys think.
"
nasty69 wrote:
Toxic rain feels so damn satisfying to play, and i’m following this build closely. Is there a consensus on what the optimal set up is for clearing trash? So far I found that linking GMP probably doubles your clear speed. I swap GMP for Vile Toxins for single target. Also, maybe Death’s Opus is something to consider, as an alternative to Lioneye’s glare, not sure what you guys think.

Why not Reach of the Council then (I assume the crit multi does not outweigh the extra PDPS)? It is cheaper too.

I also started running Herald of Purity yesterday. It gives me ~10% DPS bump in PoB, at 20/20. And the little guys it summons are a nice obstruction and let me truly unload at bosses at maximum DPS.

My mana reservation is HoA + HoP + Despair right now, leaving only 5% mana unreserved (that seems enough, until I run into a no-mana-regen map).
Last edited by CommanderZ on Sep 6, 2018, 3:03:44 AM
"
CommanderZ wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

Why not Reach of the Council then (I assume the crit multi does not outweigh the extra PDPS)? It is cheaper too.

I also started running Herald of Purity yesterday. It gives me ~10% DPS bump in PoB, at 20/20. And the little guys it summons are a nice obstruction and let me truly unload at bosses at maximum DPS.

My mana reservation is HoA + HoP + Despair right now, leaving only 5% mana unreserved (that seems enough, until I run into a no-mana-regen map).

Heralds + Curse on Hit and Despair? That's not a bad idea if that's what you're doing. Me personally although I'm still in act4 atm, was thinking of doing Heralds+Faster Attacks+Withering Touch, while it's not as effective as a Wither totem, it sorta feeds into helping their damage and buffing our own by applying wither stacks. Was thinking of just doing CWDT+IC+Despair although it wouldn't be leveled as much.

Probably it's just more efficient to do Heralds+CoH+Despair, and a standard Wither Totem.
Also an alternate amulet that could probably match if not beat out the expensive chaos version of Impresence is Marylene's Fallacy. The massive crit multi it gives when perfect agony is up (via Coralito's Flask) translates to a nice chunk of overall poison/dot dps.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
CommanderZ wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

Heralds + Curse on Hit and Despair? That's not a bad idea if that's what you're doing. Me personally although I'm still in act4 atm, was thinking of doing Heralds+Faster Attacks+Withering Touch, while it's not as effective as a Wither totem, it sorta feeds into helping their damage and buffing our own by applying wither stacks. Was thinking of just doing CWDT+IC+Despair although it wouldn't be leveled as much.

Probably it's just more efficient to do Heralds+CoH+Despair, and a standard Wither Totem.
Also an alternate amulet that could probably match if not beat out the expensive chaos version of Impresence is Marylene's Fallacy. The massive crit multi it gives when perfect agony is up (via Coralito's Flask) translates to a nice chunk of overall poison/dot dps.

I think discussing the workarounds for Despair mana reservation is kinda moot, because Impresence takes care of that (long term...), I am just not ready to drop the 1.5 ex on that, 6L Dendrobate takes precendence (still wearing Tabula at level 84...).

After that, I am going to go with either Grace, Vaal Haste or Arctic Armour. Either Grace or Haste would require Enlighen though, which is more ex expense still.

As for Wither, I am using the totem, though it feels rather inconsistent (I don't bother with it for clearing at all, and bosses smash it super fast). I don't like putting it on CWDT, since IC is so essential for the build and having another thing on CWDT just makes it that much less effective.
Last edited by CommanderZ on Sep 6, 2018, 4:28:31 AM
Why not just use Witchfire Brew for the Despair curse? It’s much cheaper than Impressence, also saves gem slots.
"
nasty69 wrote:
Why not just use Witchfire Brew for the Despair curse? It’s much cheaper than Impressence, also saves gem slots.

Flask slots are tight too, there is a whole lot of DPS flasks you could play and there are only so many you can wear at once (Coralito's, Sin's Rebirth, Atziri's Promise, Dying Sun all fit into the build, and that's just uniques).

Impresence is good outside of the mana reservation thing too, so I think it makes sense to make it the second exalt-class item to get (after a six link armor or bow).

It is a good stop-gap, if you don't want to commit to blasphemy mana reservation. Or if you don't have the INT to afford high level Despair (I sure can't).
Last edited by CommanderZ on Sep 6, 2018, 4:34:25 AM
"
CommanderZ wrote:
"
nasty69 wrote:

Flask slots are tight too, there is a whole lot of DPS flasks you could play and there are only so many you can wear at once (Coralito's, Sin's Rebirth, Atziri's Promise, Dying Sun all fit into the build, and that's just uniques).

Impresence is good outside of the mana reservation thing too, so I think it makes sense to make it the second exalt-class item to get (after a six link armor or bow).

Yeah, I don't disagree. If given the option between a Marylene's and a Impresense, I'd take the Impresense every time. It just provides more benefits, Marylene's is just a budget (literally 1c) tier DPS increase when using Coralito's or being spce'ed into having Perfect Agony.

Hopefully price of chaos Impresense does drop in time, and technically it has. From 6ex in Delve SC on Monday, to about 5ex at the time of me writing this. Maybe in a week or so it'll be half of that if we're lucky.

[edit] Just got on and went to try out Heralds + CoH + Despair. It doesn't work sadly. So will have to use other methods of applying Despair (Witchfire flask, Blasphemy, Impresence, CWDT).
Last edited by reciprocate on Sep 6, 2018, 4:58:28 AM
-Update - 09/12/2018
-Added Normal Atziri kill video
-Added Uber Izaro kill video
-Updated gem links.
-Updated gear section.
♥ we all go tissues ♥
Last edited by weallgotissues on Sep 12, 2018, 11:21:41 AM
How do you think this build will fair in HC?
Why not use Mark of Submission for curse on hit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info