AH ! ! ! ! ! !

"
Koheleth wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
refers to "forex" as "4x"

*mega facepalm*

i do like how you backpedaled from having to choose whether to stay in party or leave to trade... to forex (lolwut?) and implying that AH automation wouldn't assist scammers (huh?).

Backtracking? I am making examples! What is your mega reason for not wanting to improve trade? It obviously sucks in its current state - I want to make it better!

Are you a scamming price fixer? manipulating everyone to gain a profit?

*facepalm*

that logic.

...so the only way to "improve trade" is an AH - and if one's against an AH, he's a "scamming price fixer"

tell me more about "4x."
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Koheleth wrote:

Have you ever heard of 4X? Foreign Exchange Market - I trade on here all the time. The type of broken (cheating) PoE trade would land people in JAIL!

poe is a game with it's own rules. games sometimes have that.

--

but even then, you may have noticed that in the real world, unrestricted trading lately didn't really got a jump in popularity either.

there is a small chance for fixing this too, countries just have to abandon the american dollar in favour of trading with their own currency is they sell something. there is no reason why germany needs to ask the democracy bringers to print dollars if they wan to buy something in a non american country.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I stop playing every league because I get tired of wasting time trying to trade for maps just so I can play the content.
Either allow Zana to sell triple the amount she does now or make map trading instant.

I have no issue with gear being traded as is, but it's frustrating not being able to play the content.
Last edited by sfbistimg on Aug 19, 2018, 11:46:33 AM
"
sfbistimg wrote:
I stop playing every league because I get tired of wasting time trying to trade for maps just so I can play the content.
Either allow Zana to sell triple the amount she does now or make map trading instant.

I have no issue with gear being traded as is, but it's frustrating not being able to play the content.

just ignore the lowest offers and start messaging the guys with the second lowest offers.

once you hit a seller who took the time to sell you maps, ask for more maps you need andd buy in bulk, it sometimes gives you better conditions tha buying them separately.

poe trading system isn't a shop where you can buy stuff for the advertised price. sellers advertise stuff that doesn't sell for the advertised price for various reasons, otherwise it would be sold already.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:
I played the HC event, the flashback, and there are a substantial number of people playing solo self found.

All I want is to make the game better, fix the broken trading system so I can enjoy myself and not become exasperated and frustrated trying to buy basic items.

I guess solo self found is the way to go then.

I like SSF, but getting build-enabling uniques and making 6l is way too difficult there.

This is exactly why I won't do it regularly. I enjoyed it during the flashback event but would never want to play that way every league. Without trade item progression for me is just way too slow.

Regarding the OP, AH is a bad idea. That's been talked about a lot and pretty much all of the non-tinfoil hat reasons that AH's are bad I agree with. What I don't necessarily agree with is not allowing asynchronous trades with limitations. While I hope they never put in a true AH (the keyword there is "auction" btw), some of the ideas of having a shop master or vending machine in your hideout where you can list a limited number of items for hands off trading while you're online... I don't necessarily think that results in all the evil that GGG talks about. I mean, how much time would actually be lost if a trade went from these steps:

1. Seach POE trade to find item
2. PM seller.
3. Seller sends party request
4. Go to seller hideout
5. Make trade

To this:

1. Search POE trade to find item
2. Go to seller hideout
3. Make trade

So let's say that with the first method it's early in the league and the first seller responds right away and you complete the transaction in less than 30 seconds. In the second it's maybe 15-20 seconds (no PM or party step). Is saving 10-15 seconds on a trade really going to destroy the game? I think not but I don't know for sure.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:
I played the HC event, the flashback, and there are a substantial number of people playing solo self found.

All I want is to make the game better, fix the broken trading system so I can enjoy myself and not become exasperated and frustrated trying to buy basic items.

I guess solo self found is the way to go then.

I like SSF, but getting build-enabling uniques and making 6l is way too difficult there.

This is exactly why I won't do it regularly. I enjoyed it during the flashback event but would never want to play that way every league. Without trade item progression for me is just way too slow.

Regarding the OP, AH is a bad idea. That's been talked about a lot and pretty much all of the non-tinfoil hat reasons that AH's are bad I agree with. What I don't necessarily agree with is not allowing asynchronous trades with limitations. While I hope they never put in a true AH (the keyword there is "auction" btw), some of the ideas of having a shop master or vending machine in your hideout where you can list a limited number of items for hands off trading while you're online... I don't necessarily think that results in all the evil that GGG talks about. I mean, how much time would actually be lost if a trade went from these steps:

1. Seach POE trade to find item
2. PM seller.
3. Seller sends party request
4. Go to seller hideout
5. Make trade

To this:

1. Search POE trade to find item
2. Go to seller hideout
3. Make trade

So let's say that with the first method it's early in the league and the first seller responds right away and you complete the transaction in less than 30 seconds. In the second it's maybe 15-20 seconds (no PM or party step). Is saving 10-15 seconds on a trade really going to destroy the game? I think not but I don't know for sure.

What I want is the ability to trade, both buy and sell, in a way that does not make myself (and others) overly frustrated to the point of exasperation. Again, this is over years and years of playing path of exile. I used 'AH' as an example since I have played games where a mail delivery system and AH worked extremely well. The fear that this would make things 'too easy' is non-substantiated. If I am trying to min/max a character in a 90 day league that I have already put hundreds of hours into the grind and end-game experience is where the substance is at, NOT THE TRADING!
🐢
Last edited by Koheleth on Aug 20, 2018, 1:12:59 AM
"
Koheleth wrote:

What I want is the ability to trade, both buy and sell, in a way that does not make myself (and others) overly frustrated to the point of exasperation.

thanks for at least basing this on such an objective and quantifiable metric.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
robmafia wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:

What I want is the ability to trade, both buy and sell, in a way that does not make myself (and others) overly frustrated to the point of exasperation.

You honestly believe that trade in path of Exile, as it stands, is flawless and not in any need of improvements? At this point I no longer care and plan to join the exponentially growing number of players on solo self found.

See you in Delve - or not, since ssf btw.
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:

You honestly believe that trade in path of Exile, as it stands, is flawless and not in any need of improvements?

good god. from one extreme to another. so because i don't think you've made any argument to warrant an AH, i just magically must believe that trade is currently flawless?

[Removed by Support]

What are you saying? One extreme to another is better than just complaining and saying nothing.
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info