Same Christian Colorado Baker In The News Again For Not Making Cake CELEBRATING TRANSGENDERISM

anything is everything
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2018, 6:34:46 PM
Oh, goody. Here we go again.

Not going to go into the LAST time we went around this circus show too much...but suffice it to say that the case is Colorado's to lose, not Captain Deeply Held Religious Beliefs. Frankly, the only thing that occurs to me is whether or not this woman was legitimately unaware of the huge hue and cry over Masterchrist Cakes For Only Good God-Fearing Christians, or if this was a deliberate poke trying to stir up the hornet's nest again. If the latter? Then very bad form on her, and if she didn't know that's probably not a great sign either.

Seriously, though. This dude just needs to put a sign in his window already: "No Crucifix, No Service." We get it, Cakemaster Flex. You hate everybody. Understood. Knock it off with the lawsuits already and just straight-up tell people, before they walk into your pseudochurch of sugary Communion, that you don't serve anybody who dares dun disrespect the Pope by not being an obedient religiouslave.

Euughhh

Is there no other bloody bakery in whatever Colorado town this place is in?
Last edited by 1453R on Aug 15, 2018, 7:22:09 PM
"
1453R wrote:

Seriously, though. This dude just needs to put a sign in his window already: "No Crucifix, No Service." We get it

With this case AND the other case, the people who are in outrage, in both reasons could be serviced in the store, they could buy ANY pre-made cake they want, they could be a black transgender demisexual elephantsexual transaphrodite godking, they are not barred from entering the store, or anything else, they could just not, in a fascist manner use the government as a fascist arm to violate the religious liberties of the baker at gunpoint. As I've noticed from most of your posts in the past, you like to make giant spectacles and massive posts, but are wholly uneducated, ignorant and stray from the facts.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Aug 15, 2018, 7:30:13 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
"
1453R wrote:

Seriously, though. This dude just needs to put a sign in his window already: "No Crucifix, No Service." We get it

With this case AND the other case, the people who are in outrage, in both reasons could be serviced in the store, they could buy ANY pre-made cake they want, they are not barred from entering the store, or anything else, they could just not, in a fascist manner demand the making of a cake which violates the owners religious liberty and use the government as a cudgel to enforce the cake making at gunpoint. As I've noticed from most of your posts in the past, you like to make giant spectacles and massive posts, but are wholly uneducated, ignorant and stray from the facts.

You misunderstand me. I had this discussion back the first time this happened - hell, I STARTED this discussion last time. My conclusion was, and remains, that Cakemaster Flex should be permitted to run his business any damn way he pleases. He wants to kick gays and trans folk out of his bakery? He can do that. He wants to throw out anyone in the LGBT sector, Muslims, Jews, blacks, women, children, butchers, candlestick makers, rival bakers? Let him do that.

He just doesn't get to do it retroactively. His policies should be publicly posted on the outside of his store, where a customer can easily see, prior to deciding to enter that store, that they will not receive any service in it.

Cakemaster Flex should have the Constitutional freedom to run his store as he sees fit, intense bigotry and all, regardless of the source of his intense bigotry. I can hold that opinion while also holding the opinion that I hope very much that his shop folds and he ends up with nothing because I'm sick of hearing about all the ways he's rejecting the desire of people who don't live his particular Pope Approved Lifestyle(TM) to also have important moments they want to celebrate.

There has got to be another fuckmothering bakery in that town. It can have all the business that Cakemaster Flex here very clearly doesn't want.
Last edited by 1453R on Aug 15, 2018, 7:46:22 PM
Ye know what? Nah. Not gonna waste time, I know someone else is ferociously typing a rebuttal right now. Gonna type before it shows up, pre-empt it because I can. I've had a terrible fuggin' day and this is a fine opportunity to vent.

Anyone ever notice, in all these "CHRISTIANITY IS UNDER ATTACK" cases, all these alt-right anti-everything threads where these assholes are willing to just flat-out go to war to protect Deeply Held Religious Beliefs(TM), that Deeply Held Non-Religious Beliefs are completely and utterly exempt from the ironclad and inviolable protections they keep trying to assign to Good Wholesome God-Fearing Christian Values(C)?

Other people's deeply held (non-Christian) religious beliefs are free game. Someone who believed so strongly that they were born the wrong gender that they went through the United States' absolutely nightmarish, literally suicide-inducingly awful legal torture trip, including a horrific surgery which drastically and permanently alters their body and sacrifices their ability to sire children - someone who's shown more conviction in their belief and done more to pursue it than virtually any Christian ever will - gets absolutely nothing. This woman's deeply held nonreligious belief that she's not a man and would rather subject herself to mutilation and humiliation than continue to live as a man gets no consideration whatsoever from the folks who're ready to take up arms and start a bloody revolution to protect their right to have Deeply Held Christian Beliefs.

Talk about complete and utter hypocrisy. Get over yourselves.

Deeply held beliefs are deeply held beliefs. They don't have to be religious. Someone should be allowed to celebrate the anniversary of their transition just like they're allowed to celebrate the anniversary of their Catholic baby manufactory contract agreement. Cakemaster Flex doesn't want to do that? Fine. He can turn away whomever he likes. And if someone else acts on their deeply held convictions that the bakery should be protested against or boycotted?

Well, hell! They're only exercising the exact same right Cakemaster Flex there's going to the SUpreme Court a second time to preserve!
Sorry but there's nothing in the bible about transgender people. The guy is just doing discrimination and is hiding behind "It's muh religion!"
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
1453R wrote:
I've had a terrible fuggin' day and this is a fine opportunity to vent.

Sorry you’ve had a bad day. FWIW, I only type maniacally when you mention taxes. My god are your opinions on taxes offensive :)

I haven’t looked into this story at all, just don’t give a fuck. That said, I do have two opinions.
1) Creating artwork is different than, say, changing the oil in a car. Both can be offered as a service, both ought to be allowed to discriminate (e.g., sorry, I only work on diesels), only one ought to discriminate on grounds of expression (e.g., sorry, I do not paint penises on cars).
2) This customer must’ve known the baker’s opinions ahead of time, and the only reason for this I can think of is to feign outrage. To be fair, same can probably be said of the baker.

Could be totally wrong about 2, just my guess. As I said, zero fucks given. This should be a nonissue. Heavy are the chains of my oppression; I cannot have a cake. Womp womp.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
1453R wrote:
Ye know what? Nah. Not gonna waste time, I know someone else is ferociously typing a rebuttal right now. Gonna type before it shows up, pre-empt it because I can. I've had a terrible fuggin' day and this is a fine opportunity to vent.

Anyone ever notice, in all these "CHRISTIANITY IS UNDER ATTACK" cases, all these alt-right anti-everything threads where these assholes are willing to just flat-out go to war to protect Deeply Held Religious Beliefs(TM), that Deeply Held Non-Religious Beliefs are completely and utterly exempt from the ironclad and inviolable protections they keep trying to assign to Good Wholesome God-Fearing Christian Values(C)?

Other people's deeply held (non-Christian) religious beliefs are free game. Someone who believed so strongly that they were born the wrong gender that they went through the United States' absolutely nightmarish, literally suicide-inducingly awful legal torture trip, including a horrific surgery which drastically and permanently alters their body and sacrifices their ability to sire children - someone who's shown more conviction in their belief and done more to pursue it than virtually any Christian ever will - gets absolutely nothing. This woman's deeply held nonreligious belief that she's not a man and would rather subject herself to mutilation and humiliation than continue to live as a man gets no consideration whatsoever from the folks who're ready to take up arms and start a bloody revolution to protect their right to have Deeply Held Christian Beliefs.

Talk about complete and utter hypocrisy. Get over yourselves.

Deeply held beliefs are deeply held beliefs. They don't have to be religious. Someone should be allowed to celebrate the anniversary of their transition just like they're allowed to celebrate the anniversary of their Catholic baby manufactory contract agreement. Cakemaster Flex doesn't want to do that? Fine. He can turn away whomever he likes. And if someone else acts on their deeply held convictions that the bakery should be protested against or boycotted?

Well, hell! They're only exercising the exact same right Cakemaster Flex there's going to the SUpreme Court a second time to preserve!

You do realize the alt-right hates Catholics, and are more likely to be secular than actual Christians, right?
"
faerwin wrote:
Sorry but there's nothing in the bible about transgender people. The guy is just doing discrimination and is hiding behind "It's muh religion!"

Not all christian sects are strictly biblical

in fact a lot of them are not
I dont see any any key!
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
I've had a terrible fuggin' day and this is a fine opportunity to vent.

Sorry you’ve had a bad day. FWIW, I only type maniacally when you mention taxes. My god are your opinions on taxes offensive :)

I haven’t looked into this story at all, just don’t give a fuck. That said, I do have two opinions.
1) Creating artwork is different than, say, changing the oil in a car. Both can be offered as a service, both ought to be allowed to discriminate (e.g., sorry, I only work on diesels), only one ought to discriminate on grounds of expression (e.g., sorry, I do not paint penises on cars).
2) This customer must’ve known the baker’s opinions ahead of time, and the only reason for this I can think of is to feign outrage. To be fair, same can probably be said of the baker.

Could be totally wrong about 2, just my guess. As I said, zero fucks given. This should be a nonissue. Heavy are the chains of my oppression; I cannot have a cake. Womp womp.

Mrrrgh. I admit, I'm leaning - if not strongly - towards the idea that Ms. Scardina knew what she was getting into. That's going to be nigh impossible to prove though, and frankly I'm sick to death of "Deeply Held Religious Beliefs" being a button Christians use to have great heaving conniptions about literally fucking everything. Racism, sexism, creedism, any other -ism you care to name - folks are using "Deeply Held (Christian) Religious Beliefs" to justify all of them.

That and if you turn this around? If a cakemaker somewhere had said to a Christian customer "I'm sorry, but I have a deeply held conviction that organized religion has done terrible things for worse reasons for thousands of years, and I have a moral objection to using my art to create images or confections glorifying religious imagery or symbology. I can't make Christian cakes for you"? Christians across the country would lose their god damned minds.

Now, in all fairness, the LGBT community is not exactly evincing the height of civility in this case, but much of the media frenzy is just that - a media frenzy, Big News sites trying to sensationalize everything and get people worked up for ratings because that's what they do these days. But let's be realistic here. Cakemaster Flex is down some business (and up a shit-ton of free publicity) while he deals with suing Colorado for daring to try and enforce their own laws on his shop that he set up in agreement and accordance with Colorado laws. He's not really losing anything.

If a Cakemaster Slim had instead refused to make cakes for Christians because he couldn't bring himself to support religious imagery with his craft? His shop would be burned to the ground within a month, and he might well have to fear for his life if the case went viral enough and he became well known enough.

These people insist that their beliefs are perfectly valid and all the reason they need to shun anyone that doesn't conform to their narrow, Aryan-esque idea of a Proper Human Being...but there is no god willing to help you if you decide to turn that around and claim that your own beliefs are all the reason you need to dissociate from and avoid Bible Bangers.

It's ridiculous, it's infuriating, it's insulting, and it's hypocritical to a poisonous extent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info