When is Incursion Being Added to the Core Game?

Thanks for this. It is absolutely a successful league. Along with the skill revamps I had a blast this league. I'm having even more fun with the flashback events with some new builds. (well I do get crashes when I double strike on a full screen of mobs but I take that for now. RIP Hardcore though)

A couple of things I hope that I can see in the incursion update with 3.5:

1. Can you please balance the mobs in the temple? The are not too difficult by themselves, but the instant one-shot AI on ranged mobs and absurdly high HP of some rare monsters made these fights rather frustrating. Also considering the fact that they give VERY LITTLE REWARD, could you please consider the following options:

a) nerf those mobs and fix the AI.
b) enable Incursion unique items to drop from these mobs (not dropping belts and vials are fine for me)
c) make the increase yield room give more quant/qual based on upgrades so at least we can potentially make them more rewarding

2. Since I imagine that you will make Alva less rare in maps and nerf the rewards from individual incursions, would you please give us some freedom on the room upgrades. Things I can think about are:

a) more incursions before the temple (from 11 to more)
b) a bigger temple
c) one more tier on each room. For example, tier 4 treasury room will have one super chest that drops one extremely rare currency, at least a divine orb (MIRROR POGGERS)
d) allow us to skip incursions, i.e., skipping Alva will reroll the room outcome in the next encounter without consuming incursion count.
e) each Alva encounter enables us to choose 3 rooms to get in rather than just one.

Thanks for reading this. Hope this is clear and can help your decision-making a little bit.

Best,

ColossalAiur
Rip all my gg standard items :P
Last edited by letouconFTW on Aug 13, 2018, 7:58:00 PM
While this is good news: I'll admit that the "main negative" with incursion, to my eyes, was the forced emphasis on playstyle that would easily be toned down by shifting some of the timer rewards off the trash and onto the architects (or any rare/tough stat mobs that spawn).

This would make it less "it's clearspeed, just because".

I'd love to see a tweaked timer system in the December version.

Still, the approach of taking it out of the league to modify it for the core game is a responsible one, and the slight implication that alva might become a master during the master rework window is also very interesting :)

I, too, am happy about the fact that this is going core, even if I have to wait to enjoy using a faster clearspeed character. But, like others have stated, the clearspeed meta of the incursions are incredibly frustrating for summoners. It just doesn't work well. I expect trappers and some totem builds probably have a similar problem.
Understandable delay, just SO glad to know it will be going standard in the end.
Thanks. Slamming gear was so much fun this league. I lost more than I won, but I still got them feels in my pants.
Good call. IQ north of room temperature strongly implied.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
I liked Incursion overall... but You really need to tone it down with the constructs(ranged) in the temple.. 25-50 in concentrated area is overkill.
Beta member since: 0.9.8f (April 23rd 2012)
"
colossalaiur wrote:
c) one more tier on each room. For example, tier 4 treasury room will have one super chest that drops one extremely rare currency, at least a divine orb (MIRROR POGGERS)

I'd love it if there was a tier 4 for rooms but the only way you could get it is by having a tier 3 room connected to the Temple Nexus.
The entire timer door mechanic needs to be scrapped. Room access should be about existence and upgrading. It's completely immersion breaking being stopped by a thousand year old wall 1 foot thick with a big hole in it. I can smash a 10 foot tall living boulder and his 50 friends to pieces but I can't knock down one wall without, uhh, 1000 year old dynamite? O.o

Get rid of all the doors. Make incursions about room configuration, not door timers.

P.S. And make all the doors in the game auto open like in incursions. Having to stop to click on doors isn't game play, it's just griefing.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Last edited by Innomen on Aug 13, 2018, 8:33:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info