[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Guffinn wrote:
Yo dude, ty for the interest and gz on the Drop :)

It's certainly possible to play this Build without these Jewels, that's why I included Trees depending on how many you have :P
That said, Meeks ("only" 1.5 EX each btw) and Unnatural Instincts (the real expensive one) are so costly for a reason despite being rare: they can be hella good.

Regardless of that, you definitely won't suffer in terms of Damage. It's just that without 2 Meeks we lose 23% max Life, and that is something you can feel.

If you chose to play this Build, keep me updated on how it goes for you :)
And make your Chars Public if you do that, so I can maybe recommend some Gear Options etc.

Thanks for the quick response! I thought my characters were public, but it should be fixed now. I started leveling today. I'm not the fastest leveler (especially since I almost never play bow builds). I noticed a weird interaction though: When I equip Vaal Rain of Arrow my Mirage Archer stops working (even with the normal skill). Is that a bug or am I not supposed to use Mirage Archer?
"
leolarizza wrote:
Spoiler
So, I took your build to the next level. Dropped an INSANE cat ring, decided to buy a farrul's, which made me able to drop the Raider Asc and get the Elementalist one, which gives me much much more damage and Ele/Phys reflect imunity, so now I can run any map. Also, now I can run Yoke for a consistantly and reliable shock on anything, which is again, more damage. Had to work the tree around and dropped assassin's mark curse for frostbite, cuz I don't need the power charges anymore and frozen is awesome on delves. Balanced my res again and Now I must have like 2x more damage than before. The bad thing tho, is obviously losing the 80% res, but if i'm struggling with survavibility I will just buy a Aul with Purity of Ice.

here's my gear: (not counting the hatred Watchers)

Ye, that's one nutty drop dude :D

I won't ever go and recommend Farruls tho, simply because of the limited Availability and crazy Price, along the fact that it is questionable whether or not Bestiary Uniques will be available next League :P

Gz on the nutty gear tho :)

"
Optaka wrote:
Still leveling this but I wanted to say that this is easily the best written guide I have ever read. Formatted logically, easy to find info, most all questions answered, and the inclusion of trade links (especially for jewels) is SO GOOD! Excellent job sir or ma'am!

Thank you very much mate! Put some effort into this one, glad to hear people like it :)

Let me know how it goes for you, if you have any Problems I can maybe help.

"
gokudin wrote:
dont know which one i choose, this or scourge arrow.

How deep u go? already have 6L hope shredder and kaoms, more 15ex is enough?

Tsy for considering my Build :)

The Scourge Arrow Guide is legitimately the same as this one.
And the colours are exactly the same as well, so you can swap whenever you want to try it out :P

And yeah, 15EX is more than enoug. Let me know how it goes for you :)

"
Nostrapapas wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! I thought my characters were public, but it should be fixed now. I started leveling today. I'm not the fastest leveler (especially since I almost never play bow builds). I noticed a weird interaction though: When I equip Vaal Rain of Arrow my Mirage Archer stops working (even with the normal skill). Is that a bug or am I not supposed to use Mirage Archer?

You are supposed to use Vaal RoA, no reason to use a normal RoA Gem.
That sounds like a Bug to me if it truly is how you describe it. That said, if you use Vaal RoA, Mirage Archer won't copy that. You need to fire a normal RoA right after.

"
Guffinn wrote:

That sounds like a Bug to me if it truly is how you describe it. That said, if you use Vaal RoA, Mirage Archer won't copy that. You need to fire a normal RoA right after.

That's what I thought, it must be a bug. I had a Vaal RoA drop so once I leveled it a little I swapped it in and didn't think about it. Then when it took me approximately 3.5 hours to kill Tukohama I started wondering what was going on. After the fight I noticed that my screen didn't seem full of arrows anymore and I realized my mirage archer wasn't firing (on the RoA portion of the skill). I swapped my non-Vaal version back in and it started firing again. I'll try it again after work, maybe it was a 1 time deal.

Update: I removed the mirage archer gem and put it back in and now everything seems to be working as it should.
Last edited by Nostrapapas on Sep 30, 2018, 11:23:47 PM
"
Nostrapapas wrote:
"
Guffinn wrote:

That's what I thought, it must be a bug. I had a Vaal RoA drop so once I leveled it a little I swapped it in and didn't think about it. Then when it took me approximately 3.5 hours to kill Tukohama I started wondering what was going on. After the fight I noticed that my screen didn't seem full of arrows anymore and I realized my mirage archer wasn't firing (on the RoA portion of the skill). I swapped my non-Vaal version back in and it started firing again. I'll try it again after work, maybe it was a 1 time deal.

Update: I removed the mirage archer gem and put it back in and now everything seems to be working as it should.

The one thing that comes to mind is that you might have put the regular RoA gem somewhere in your active gem slots (maybe to level it or something?). The game still saves the slot you used with that specific RoA gem if you keep it equiped, at least that's how I think it works. So if that was the case, you probably were trying to kill tuko with a 1-link pretty much.
Just want to add to anyone doing this build and wanna beat uber elder or hard bosses.

Scourge arrow is quadruple the damage and is just some ez gem swaps. If you do uber elder reliably with roa, then scourge arrow will make the fight seem like a joke.

Also if you have the currency for farruls fur then elemantalist is really nice instead of raider.
"
martinwub wrote:
Just want to add to anyone doing this build and wanna beat uber elder or hard bosses.

Scourge arrow is quadruple the damage and is just some ez gem swaps. If you do uber elder reliably with roa, then scourge arrow will make the fight seem like a joke.

Also if you have the currency for farruls fur then elemantalist is really nice instead of raider.

There already is a SA Setup in the second Post.

And SA isn't quadruple the Damage, but yes: it is better for Endgame Bosses.
So if you wanna make the Gemswap, go ahead :) Just don't use it for clearing, RoA is better.

As for the Farruls + Elementalist: Yes its nuts, but I won't include a 20 EX unlinked Chest in the Guide :P Especially since it's not certain if it will stay in the Game for certain, and at what rarity.
Maybe I add it and a PoB Link for that setup to the second Post tomorrow or so.

Ty for the Input :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 1, 2018, 7:00:12 PM
"
iOnlyRave wrote:

The one thing that comes to mind is that you might have put the regular RoA gem somewhere in your active gem slots (maybe to level it or something?). The game still saves the slot you used with that specific RoA gem if you keep it equiped, at least that's how I think it works. So if that was the case, you probably were trying to kill tuko with a 1-link pretty much.

That explains so much! Why it seemed like no matter what either my Vaal RoA or my regular RoA felt super weak. I removed the regular RoA gem entirely and now everything seems so much smoother.
Hey I notice that you say you use vaal rain of arrows, but your bow linked says regular rain of arrows and you don't have any other offensive abilities. I was hoping for a little clarification :)

EDIT: Turns out vaal skills now grant the base skill too? Since freaking when?
Last edited by Clarynaa on Oct 3, 2018, 12:01:14 AM
Decided to play with Hopeshredder & Scourge Arrow this league; re-specced from Reave to try something new. Hopeshredder is so undervalued.

Personally going to go for Kaoms/ToH/Double PoI Watcher's with Doryanis boots; but there's a lot of freedom with gear here.
May end up trying an elder rare with life/crit to go back to bubonics or Roots and keep the Empowered PoI. Perhaps as an option use this as the suggested search for rare chests. It's certainly on par expense-wise as a Loreweave; and at least with some quick PoB it's comparable damage without locking into a +Crit Hatred Watcher's. (and then you can go crazy with more Phys taken as Cold on top if ur a big boy)

Another boss swap you can do is replace HoI/CoH/AM with Blasphemy/Enlighten/Projectile Weakness if you're not dropping sockets for Roots. Something I used a lot when Doomfletch was popular. Obviously reduced curse effectiveness comes into play but it's easy enough to check its use with PoB.

I don't think Farrul's hurts to list as an alternative even with its huge price point; you're already suggesting 2s Tombfist with possibility of specific corruptions and 12ex worth of jewels, not even mentioning the price of good opals or Abyssals etc; and it's bound to be available in leagues to come through "Bestiary Item" div cards and the like. Just needs a "needs Aspect of the Cat through Farrul's Bite or bestiary rare" disclaimer to avoid "I spent 20ex on a chest that doesn't work, shit build" posts

I'd probably advocate for rare helm over any other tbh; it gives you so much freedom with the rest of your gear, and 90 life, 80 res helms with INT or Acc are dirt cheap, and crafting an enchanted base is easy enough too. Starjonkas and Devotos are nice to get your enchant early on for cheap but I think they lose out as you improve your gear.

I also run Poachers over Assassin's, because I've been spoiler by Pathfinder and it allows you to absolutely mash the hell out of flasks no matter what while mapping.

Looking forwards to taking this build further tbh; managed to pick up Ammy/Belt & ring that won't need replacing for a little while.

When it doesn't run the risk of bricking my character; I'll annul the unset to hit mana/mana regen rolls hopefully free-ing space for flat cold or an accuracy craft.

Going to be ~5.5k life with a Tabula and no Meeks; not bad going for a bow build.

"
Turns out vaal skills now grant the base skill too? Since freaking when?

3.3 Vaal Skill Rework
Last edited by Morelikeew on Oct 3, 2018, 1:05:38 PM
"
Morelikeew wrote:
Spoiler
Decided to play with Hopeshredder & Scourge Arrow this league; re-specced from Reave to try something new. Hopeshredder is so undervalued.

Personally going to go for Kaoms/ToH/Double PoI Watcher's with Doryanis boots; but there's a lot of freedom with gear here.
May end up trying an elder rare with life/crit to go back to bubonics or Roots and keep the Empowered PoI. Perhaps as an option use this as the suggested search for rare chests. It's certainly on par expense-wise as a Loreweave; and at least with some quick PoB it's comparable damage without locking into a +Crit Hatred Watcher's. (and then you can go crazy with more Phys taken as Cold on top if ur a big boy)

Another boss swap you can do is replace HoI/CoH/AM with Blasphemy/Enlighten/Projectile Weakness if you're not dropping sockets for Roots. Something I used a lot when Doomfletch was popular. Obviously reduced curse effectiveness comes into play but it's easy enough to check its use with PoB.

I don't think Farrul's hurts to list as an alternative even with its huge price point; you're already suggesting 2s Tombfist with possibility of specific corruptions and 12ex worth of jewels, not even mentioning the price of good opals or Abyssals etc; and it's bound to be available in leagues to come through "Bestiary Item" div cards and the like. Just needs a "needs Aspect of the Cat through Farrul's Bite or bestiary rare" disclaimer to avoid "I spent 20ex on a chest that doesn't work, shit build" posts

I'd probably advocate for rare helm over any other tbh; it gives you so much freedom with the rest of your gear, and 90 life, 80 res helms with INT or Acc are dirt cheap, and crafting an enchanted base is easy enough too. Starjonkas and Devotos are nice to get your enchant early on for cheap but I think they lose out as you improve your gear.

I also run Poachers over Assassin's, because I've been spoiler by Pathfinder and it allows you to absolutely mash the hell out of flasks no matter what while mapping.

Looking forwards to taking this build further tbh; managed to pick up Ammy/Belt & ring that won't need replacing for a little while.

When it doesn't run the risk of bricking my character; I'll annul the unset to hit mana/mana regen rolls hopefully free-ing space for flat cold or an accuracy craft.

Going to be ~5.5k life with a Tabula and no Meeks; not bad going for a bow build.

"
Turns out vaal skills now grant the base skill too? Since freaking when?

3.3 Vaal Skill Rework

Yo, ty for the interest :)

Personally would rather recommend Rare Chests with more Life for this Build. DPS is not a problem, Life moreso IMO.

Considered a Blasphemy Setup as well, but for me personally Proj Weakness offers the same DPS as a 20/20 HoI.
And considering my experiences with Gem and Gearswaps for Bosses from my other Guide, 80% of the people either ignore it or don't like it :P

As for the Rare Helmet: I completely agree, that's why I put it at the top of the Alternatives. That said, Enchanted Starkonjas are super Plentiful and easy to come by.
The vast majority of people playing my other Build have no real Idea about crafting or rare Gering, and I don't wanna put an Option as first that seems difficult to achieve, when you can have OK resulsts with a Starkonjas. Especially since so many People completely ignore what I spent hours on writing, and simply try to buy the first Gear they see :P

Yep, I have adding Farruls on my To Do List. Will add it to the Build Variations in the second Post, since the changes that come with it are a bit more extensive.
As for the Price of Rares: technically you can go infinite with those :P That's why I provided Budget options etc.
And I promise you, People will ignore the Disclaimer that you recommend :D I will add it obviously, but the amount of people that don't read Guides fully is astonishing.

As for Poachers Mark, that's up to you obviously. Personally I mash my Flasks before every pack without a Problem anyways.

As for your Gear etc.: that looks damn solid mate :D

I'm hyped to see where you take this Build! Thanks for the very valid Input, and keep me updated on where you take the Char :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Oct 3, 2018, 6:14:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info