[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

well I completely batched this character to try don the crown's build, dual sword and a blade flurry/tectonic slam for clearing build.

Gotta say I honestly feel like this build is so much more tanky. Thinking of coming back to it but not sure yet, might go armageddon brand elementalist or storm brand elementalist.

Either way though, unless you have a metric fuck ton of currency aka like at least a mirror to do a blade flurry/reave type build after the statsticks got nerfed, then I think this build is better by far.

I miss being able to just go up to a boss and sit there and facetank everything and go semi AFK, now I die on the most stupid shit its weird haha
Level 70 and still rocking a 4-link with Frost Blades and a 4-link Vaal Double Strike for bosses. Build is just stupidly tanky and with high DPS. I will probably buy a cheap 5-link today and see how the clear speed is with Double Strike alone vs Frost Blades.

I think the only budget build that comes to being this effective is the Quill Rain/HoA Pathfinder build, but that still requires some mindfulness with positioning and hitting the flask keys non-stop.
Last edited by unhappymeal on Dec 26, 2018, 12:22:33 PM
how usefull would a +level 1 maim on the chest piece without the crit chance be?
and how do i feed pob with this? simply make double strike a 7L with lvl 1 maim and e.g. ruthless?

cheers

edit: ok, seems like pob bugged a bit, it now makes the 7l automatically. weird though.
Last edited by GsengteSau on Dec 26, 2018, 1:41:01 PM
What am I doing wrong? I have almost the same gear as in the guide, but I'm doing so bad damage. Especially Rares and bosses. Even when I prog all Vaal Totmes and Vaal Double Strike.
My Character Name is EyyMalla and it's public.

What am I doing wrong? I don't know how much more damage I can get and from where. The only thing's I'm missing from the build are a one vaaled haemophilia gloves with the power charge generation, but that wouldn't make a world of difference? Besides that nobody is selling Haemophilia with this corruption on it.

I really would like to enjoy the build but right now it feels so clunky because every harder enemy will take so long to kill. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong I mean how should I hit 2,5 Mill Shaper DPS. I'm on 24k in the in game tooltip riht now :D

Thank you for your help!
Last edited by dhuber666 on Dec 26, 2018, 2:39:50 PM
power charge corrupt is on claws. gloves have base critchanxe corrupt
"
unleashed666 wrote:
power charge corrupt is on claws. gloves have base critchanxe corrupt

Yes sry I wrote it wrong. But I can't find the gloves with base crit chance corrupt either. And is it a world of difference?
Last edited by dhuber666 on Dec 26, 2018, 2:51:16 PM
"
dhuber666 wrote:
What am I doing wrong? I have almost the same gear as in the guide, but I'm doing so bad damage. Especially Rares and bosses. Even when I prog all Vaal Totmes and Vaal Double Strike.
My Character Name is EyyMalla and it's public.

What am I doing wrong? I don't know how much more damage I can get and from where. The only thing's I'm missing from the build are a one vaaled haemophilia gloves with the power charge generation, but that wouldn't make a world of difference? Besides that nobody is selling Haemophilia with this corruption on it.

I really would like to enjoy the build but right now it feels so clunky because every harder enemy will take so long to kill. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong I mean how should I hit 2,5 Mill Shaper DPS. I'm on 24k in the in game tooltip riht now :D

Thank you for your help!

roughly in order of importance:

- lvl 73. you're missing a shitloads of passive nodes
- no uber lab for perma fortify
- gems not 20/20
- no 6l
- no enchantment
- no phys damage on rings and amu
- bad phys rolls on weapons
- no abyssal belt with phys dmg jewel
- no corruptions
- only one jewel slot allocated, no double crit multi jewel in it
Last edited by GsengteSau on Dec 26, 2018, 3:21:07 PM
I've been experimenting with master of metal passive recently, it seems pretty good.
Really perma fortify passive is sort of wasted, all we have to do is to whirling blades every 10s.
Dread banner + master of metal = 40% chance for impale, we hit 6x per attack, impale goes up to 7 stacks. It also adds bunch of flat physical damage, especially when clearing packs, if you "tag" big clumps of 50 monsters, following splashes from that aoe will all be boosted my that "4-8 phys damage added" per impale. It is hard to notice because attack happen so fast, but it can even double our damage I think. 50 impales = 200-400 flat damage added. And if there is a rare inside pack, that damage will hit it and will be relvant.

I think lot of people underestimate it, because POB doesn't include impales in damage calculation, as it is difficult to model it, depends on too many variables to give accurate estimation of dps increase.
Last edited by aerial on Dec 26, 2018, 4:41:22 PM
i still confuse about the weapon https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodseeker.
will this
"Gain Life from Leech instantly from Hits with this Weapon"
globally affect my hits ?
or just direct hits from the weapon it self?

i plan to use it for my offhand and find another big phys dps for my main hand weapon.

Thanks for the guide btw.
Last edited by Chrysolite347 on Dec 27, 2018, 12:31:18 AM
nvm
Last edited by Fornal89 on Dec 27, 2018, 6:50:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info