[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

I'm new to the game and I'm not sure if I overlooked something but in the videos he appears to have Blood magic but has hasn't selected it in the Passive tree.. I can see in the guide he has Blood Magic linked to Whirling Blades but shouldn't it only effect Whirling Blades?

"
Bojongelz wrote:
I'm new to the game and I'm not sure if I overlooked something but in the videos he appears to have Blood magic but has hasn't selected it in the Passive tree.. I can see in the guide he has Blood Magic linked to Whirling Blades but shouldn't it only effect Whirling Blades?

Videos were posted on 3.4 patch.
Facetanking the world is a bit of a misnomer. I've run into multiple combinations of map mods + syndicates which are GG, something will eventually burst your bubble no matter how much you leech. Otherwise really solid build and I'm far off min maxing my char. Pushing into red maps has been very rippy.
What is a good alternative helmet besides Sarjonka?
"
What is a good alternative helmet besides Sarjonka?

sarjonka?
I've been playing more of this build, and I have few observations.

If I swap hatred for herald of ash + war banner, dps loss (vs trash) is less than 7%. (about 1mil dps w/o roar, totem, frost bomb, anything that is not consistently up during clear).
I also don't run taste of hate, my amulet is pure crit multi no cold damage from phys. What it means is, you can't crit with high cold damage = no corpse shatter.
Blood explosions from haemophilia gloves can't proc if you shatter enemy.
It does seem to help with our aoe, herald of ash also adds that extra range around main splash hit, extending our aoe, burn can finish off some near dead enemies. I feel like for farming this might be totally worth the trade, losing bit dps, but gain all that extra aoe. These explosions that are based on enemy hp, can also help 1 shot rares surrounded by minions.

War banner has some potential if you link it with duration getting about 4,5s of adrenaline, when placing it. That is most duration of vaal DS, which is substantial boost, can help you just delete t16 map boss without manually attacking it.

Banner is also less mana reserved (10%) than running classic 50% + 25% + 25% auras, so you have more flexibility if you don't want to pay for level 4 enlighten just yet.

Another idea I'd like to try is daresso defiance chest. If you are sick of using movement skill, getting stuck on maps that are not good for whirling blades, would be nice to make version that walks. We already have perma fortify so there is no penalty of walking, which is great.
Little trick you can do with daresso defiance is that you get that double onslaught effect, you can:
1. drop silver flask (if you used it)
2. your endurance charges will extend immortal call duration (they count for immo call before they are consumed for onslaught)
3. If you get +1 minimum endyrance charge mod on one of your jewellery, you gonna get 5s doubled onslaught effect every time you get hit, even vs bosses. It doesn't need to consume endurance charge in order to give you onslaught (tested, worked).
As for damage, this chest provides about same damage as rare chest with maim support (if you count 2x onslaught). It is worse than maim + crit chance, but these are extremely expensive.
i have a question aobut this build that is on my mind for some time, why no vaal pact ? is double leeched life pretty much godlike or did i miss something ?

anyway it s a great build, i breeze through pretty much everything with a 3c budget it s amazing ^^
"
Loutreurbaine wrote:
i have a question aobut this build that is on my mind for some time, why no vaal pact ? is double leeched life pretty much godlike or did i miss something ?

anyway it s a great build, i breeze through pretty much everything with a 3c budget it s amazing ^^

You leech fast enough, cant heal faster than full hp per hit, doubling that won't make any difference.
It would also disable all life regen, which is pretty big downside.
What is a good alternative helmet besides Starjonka?
"
What is a good alternative helmet besides Starjonka?

Rare.
Abyssus can also work but at cost of extra damage taken.

Good cheaper enchant is 12% attack speed to blood rage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info